“Wonderful getaway”

The Saddlery
Ranked #2 of 6 Greytown B&B and Inns
“Wonderful getaway”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I visited the Saddlery with my partner a few weeks ago. The house is really wonderful, with modern fittings that match the mood and theme of the house. The gardens are large and beautiful. We stayed in the downstairs room with large ensuit, incl bath...it was really special. The hosts were welcoming but unobstrusive, and put on a wonderful German breakfast for us. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of the town as well. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra W, Owner at The Saddlery, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you Michael for your review. I am glad you and your partner had a nice and enjoyable stay.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Absolutely beautiful place to stay. Steve and Sandra are wonderful hosts, and the house is warm and welcoming. Everything is clean and tidy, and the décor and furnishings are tasteful. My partner and I stayed in the room called 'The Shop', which was lovely - the bed was a good size and super comfortable, and there was plenty of storage room for our belongings. The adjoining bathroom was spacious and the claw foot bathtub was a great addition to the room - the perfect place to sit and relax with a glass of wine and a book! The grounds themselves were also beautiful, flowers everywhere, and there were lots of cute little spots to sit out in the garden and enjoy the sun.

I would recommend The Saddlery to anyone looking for accommodation in Greytown. It's the prefect little getaway, especially if you're escaping the big, fast-paced city!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra W, Owner at The Saddlery, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you Selena for your review! It was lovely having you and your partner stay at the Saddlery.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed last weekend at The Saddlery B&B and we loved it. We had the downstairs room with the claw foot bath. I love bathrooms and this one was exactly what I’m looking for on relaxing weekend away. The bath is huge and a great place to relax with a book and a glass of wine. The house is beautifully decorated and the rooms are warm and welcoming. We were lucky with the weather and could make the most of the garden as well, e. g. enjoy the German breakfast outside in the sun. The breakfast was delicious and a great selection of bread, cereals, cheese, fruits, ham, egg, etc everything you expect to come with a German breakfast. The hosts are a lovely couple and very helpful and accommodating. It’s was great to get some “insider” tips on where to go and what to see in Greytown.

As we are just around the corner in Wellington, we will definitely be back for a nice, romantic weekend in Greytown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra W, Owner at The Saddlery, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your review Cathy! It's good to hear you enjoyed your stay and you liked the German breakfast. We'd be happy to accommodate you at the Saddlery again in the future.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed at The Saddlery B&B last summer and we loved it. We had a very nice room with adjoining bathroom, everything was clean and tidy and the furnishings and decor are very tasteful throughout the whole house. We opted for the German breakfast since Im German myself and it definitely met my expectations! No wonder, I thought, when I found out that one of the hosts is German as well.
The garden is amazing, its really big and has different fruits and veges growing in it from which we could taste through the homemade jams and cake. And there are roses blossoming all over the place in summer, with little hide-away spaces to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.
But I can imagine it being just as nice in winter when they have a fire going in the big open fire-place in the lounge. It looked so cozy!
All in all I can definitely recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra W, Owner at The Saddlery, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you Luise for your review. It was lovely meeting you and your partner and I am glad you had a nice time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greytown
The Martinborough Hotel
Oak Estate Motor Lodge and Conference Centre
Briarwood
Briarwood
#2 of 4 in Greytown

Been to The Saddlery? Share your experiences!