“Not bad at all”

The Village Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 12, 2013

As part of a wine pilgrimage I undertook whilst attending a conference in New Zealand I visited Martinborough. Too bad the Confrence wasn’t at another time of the year, because I found most of the places I wanted to visit on shortened hours. And it rained.

I had been told that the Martinborough Hotel was a good place for food, and the ability to sample some wine, but it was shut when I arrived at lunch time.

So I dived into the Village Café and had a pleasant enough lunch. It is a large, quirky place, in a nice way, and very good value.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there twice - once for breakfast, once for a special jazz event/dinner.

Awesome coffee, awesome decor, awesome food! The place to be in Martinborough!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the place to go with a big family group. The cakes and pizza are great and the coffee also decent. There is a corner with couches and toys where the kids can hang out while parents keep an eye on them. It's big enough that you are likely to find a table even on the busiest weekends. Recommended is anything with smoked salmon as they produce it themselves.

1  Thank kateaddict
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is a large but not overwhelming venue. Service is efficient , the coffee good. This was a perfect setting for a Sunday breakfast whilst listening to The Hot Cafe.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Quite a mix at this place. The service was friendly and chatty from one of the staff, quite peremptory from another. They happily swapped something on our pizza for us. The pizza was not particularly good - other food might well be better. Rocket salad was nice. Coffee was fine. It was okay, but it wasn't specially good - we decided to try elsewhere for our breakfast. Good sunny outdoor seating.