“Wow, definitely coming back!”
Review of Petit Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Martinborough
Petit Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Martinborough
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wow, definitely coming back!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

From the moment of booking this hotel, I had a great experience. Mark, the hotel manager, answered all my questions and I really liked the fact the hotel is unmanned. You just arrive whenver you like and enter a special code to get into the main building and again into your own room. We stayed in the Tuscany room which looks over the main street of Martinborough and looks to the square. The room was absolutely beautiful and the bathroom was stunning, I felt like we were back in Paris but with a lot more room! I had an awful amount of luggage with me as I was doing a local cycle tour but you wouldn't have ntoiced in the room, plenty of space. We ate out every meal time and it was so much to step outside and have a wonderful range of places to choose from just a step away. We ate at the wonderful Medici which I would recommend.

Check out is midday on a Sunday and I love that this place recognises that some mornings you don't want to rush. Mark was extremely accommodating and I really appreciated that he allowed us to stay even longer over the generous check out time so I could shower after my cycle race. I also left my Ipod charger behind and this was promptly couriered to me.

I loved staying at the Petit Hotel and would go back in an instant. If you like using the self check out counters at New World, albeit with a bottle of Moet in your hand, then this is the place for you.

Thanks Mark for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsten H

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel for our honeymoon night. The room was beautifully furnished, fresh flowers were sitting on a table, a bottle of mineral water in the fridge and good coffee provided. The bathroom was huge and the shower had the most fantastic pressure. I only wish we had time to enjoy the bath also. The bed was very comfortable and the feather pillows soft and cosy. We will definately be back to celebrate an anniversary at some stage.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Petit Hotel is not a hotel with services rather 4 serviced rooms occupying the upstairs area of an old historic building in the main street of Martinborough. We stayed in the Provencal Room which was located at the front of the building. The room was lovely; well appointed with a comfy bed, luxury linen and a spacious bathroom with the added attraction of a clawed bath. However I do have a couple of negative comments to make regarding this accommodation; firstly the cleaning of the bathroom needs to be of a higher standard with regard to the bath and the shower screen both were in need of a thorough clean to remove built up soap scum! secondly unless you are a very heavy sleeper I would recommend one of the back rooms away from the street below because it can get quite noisy at times. Other than that it's a great location.

Room Tip: Back rooms would be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noslen2010
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Petit hotel is not your conventional hotel,it consists of four lovely rooms in an old building in the middle of Martinborough. As a group we booked out all four rooms and the hotel suited our needs perfectly. It is well positioned in the centre of town. The rooms and bathrooms are well appointed and very comfortable. There are no other facilities in the hotel itself. The management team are readily available and happy to help.

• Stayed October 2011
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Now under new management, the revitalised Petit Hotel gave us some fantastically warm hospitality. Right in the heart of Martinborough in a beautiful historic building, it was a very relaxing experience. Thorughly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The building looks nice and fits in with the Martinborough image. I don’t think it can be called a hotel if there is no staff to look after the guests. To me a hotel is an establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists.

We were phoned the day before and given a code to let ourselves into the building and our room. No staff in attendance but a mobile phone number to call if any problems. I do not expect to have to pay for a mobile phone call if I have a problem, they should have at least had a Free Call number for their guests. This was a surprise as no mention of no staff on their website.

The bedroom was OK and had a wall mounted fan heater that took the chill off but the problem was it was on a timer that had to be re-set every so often, a real pain during the night. The motor of I assume the fan heater from the room next door could be heard and was annoying in the night.

There was a large bathroom with heated floor. No bathrobes or slippers were provided, I would have expected them at the price charged.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My biggest gripe is that hotel didn't respond to my list of complaints - A simple "sorry we'll try harder next time" would have avoided this review. My main complaints were that the manageress phoned the door access codes to the house at 9:15am - We had left at 9! She just happened to visit the place when we arrived so major panic averted.
Also wine glasses were dirty and only 1 coffee sachee supplied (besides the tea).
And bed was rock hard - Stayed at the White Swan the next night & had a better sleep.
On a postive note, rooms are fantastically decorated including the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnzacPete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinborough
The Martinborough Hotel
#1 of 8 in Martinborough
The Old Manse
The Old Manse
#1 of 8 in Martinborough

Been to Petit Hotel? Share your experiences!