We were staying in Martinborough for a wedding and were thrilled with the Petit Hotel.
I was a little apprehensive about the 'non manned' hotel but I got a call from the woman who takes care of the place the day before with the access codes and I had her mobile number in case we needed anything.
The hotel was very easy to find - write in the heart of Martinborough.
When we arrived - the room was presented beautifully in French style. Several things I particularly liked about the experience:
- underfloor heating in the bathroom - its a gorgeous big bathroom with a clawfoot bath and generous shower so it was nice to be able to take our time in the bathroom wtih the heating underfoot.
- shoe polish kit in the draws
- mineral bottled water in the fridge
- high end finsh to all furnishings/furniture etc gave made for a luxurient stay
We are looking forward to going back and booking a different room to try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Petit Hotel is a delightful turn of the century Victorian property close to the square in the heart of picturesque Martinborough Wine Village. The hotel provides boutique accommodation with just four rooms each tastefully and luxuriously decorated in separate themes. ... more less