“Beautiful location, clean and very comfortable!”

Akrotiri Estate Olive Grove & Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinborough
Akrotiri Estate Olive Grove & Accommodation
scotland
“Beautiful location, clean and very comfortable!”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We stayed in the Akrotiri Estate for 4nights at the end of June this year. The guest accommodation is very spacious, luxurious and comfortable. The lounge has fantastic views over the estate all the way to the mountains in the distance.

The location of is perfect. Martinborough is within an easy 20-30 minute walk, 5min cycle or 2min drive. The town, although small, has plenty cafes and a few nice shops to walk around. There are many vineyards in the area which are well worth a visit. Martinborough is only an hour from Wellington. The town even has a cinema which shows a mix of popular and arty films.

We would definitely recommend this accommodation to any friends or family that are in the Martinborough area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scotland
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Being from Scotland we had booked Akotori on the web for one night to experience the Martinbourgh wine area. On arrival our hosts Marcus and Wendy were about to head off for the night and left us in sole charge of this idyllic olive grove estate, a few minutes drive from the lovely town of Martinborough and only an hours drive from Wellington. Within an hour of being in Akatori we had already phoned Wendy to book a second night!
What a restful and totally relaxing place. We had a very enjoyable days wine tasting with hired bikes from the wine centre followed by an excellent Thai meal in a lovely little resturant in Martinbourgh. We also went to the Art house cinema which is an experience, order your food before hand, buy a bottle of wine to take into cinema and immediately following the film your food is awaiting you! Back to Akatori for a hot tub jacuzzi light show fantastic with a star show that you would pay hundreds for! This all topped off with a brillantly comfy bed
and peace. Amazing place and if we ever return to NZ we will definately book a night or two here.You could pay treble the price for the same experience somewhere else. Amazing!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I and my partner had a fantastic time at Akrotiri. It was idyllic and tranquil and the perfect way to spend the New Year's holiday. As the previous reviewer said, the spa pool on the deck was amazing, as were the stars. The lavender and olive groves and everything else made wandering around the estate wonderful, as well. The accommodations were top notch, and everything you could ask for was at your fingertips.

More importantly, Wendy and Marcus were fantastic hosts. They provided a tremendous amount of information, made great restaurant recommendations, and even drove us to the train station after our car had an unfortunate meeting with another car. They made us feel at home.

I hope to get back to Akrotiri again soon!

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed at Akrotiri in November 2008 while on a business trip to NZ. I have to say that it is probably the nicest place that I have stayed (and I travel a lot). The hospitality was incredible as were the accommodations. I slept extremely well (unusual for me) and the nights were incredibly quiet. Akrotiri Estate is a special place, nestled among olive groves and fruit trees, and large hedges of bay and rosemary. You can lose yourself in thought, wandering among the trees. I highly recommend staying here, it is an excellent place to recharge but if you can only stay a day or so, make sure you have a glass of wine and watch the sunset. I can't wait to go back. Wendy and Marcus are incredible hosts and Marcus also provides photographic tours of NZ (among other places) through Travelling Light Photography, which I also highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Seaweedqueen
Melaka
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My two nights at Akrotiri Estate was simply relaxing. My ensuite room and the separate lounge was clean and well stocked with amenities (shampoo, soap, shaving kit, sun tan lotion, towels, your own fridge, TV, CD/DVD player, dining table, coffee/tea making, leather sofas, air conditioning, etc). My stay also came with a separate private entrance and an outdoor 6 seat spa hot tub all to myself. Sitting in the spa hot tub at the end of an evening, watching the star lit sky... made my sleep afterwards, the most restful in a while. I have to say... the hot tub is the most relaxing amenity at Akrotiri Estate (And, it was right next to my room).

Meals and wine were delicious. I enjoyed the fresh crisp Akrotiri Olive Oil with my BBQ meals. And, the personal touch, ...stocking my favorite juice on short notice. I really appreciated that. No meals were boring, as the hosts are more than happy to accompany you. (Thanks... Marcus & Wendy Adams, for your hospitality and friendship.)

I like animals. Having the resident dogs, "Indy" and "Minka" around, made my stay even more interesting. I enjoyed walking through the estate with them in tow, and tossing the occasional ball. I had... quiet walks in the early morning by myself, and evening walks with the hosts and their dogs... enjoying the fresh country air.

I can't wait to go back !

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
wellington
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We were looking for somewhere to spend our wedding anniversary. We wanted somewhere a little bit luxurious but not over the top, somewhere private but not too remote, somewhere we could relax and reconnect with each other. We chose Akrotiri and had a fantastic stay. These are some of the reasons we recommend Akrotiri:
-Super warm welcome from our host, Wendy
-Not a single soul disturbed us during our stay
-Comfortable and warm bedroom and living area reminiscent of somewhere in the mediterranean
-Fantastic spa pool
-Easy bike ride to local wineries and good selection of restaurants
-Facility for making antipasto platter and relaxing with a glass of wine (brought own supplies)
-Great selection of reading material and dvd's (which we didn't use, but maybe would have if we'd stayed longer)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Nz
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Akrotiri is a great place! We were looking for somewhere to have a quiet weekend without the kids and just recharge our batteries.

The bedroom was light and airy with a wonderfully comfy bed and a HUGE spa pool just outside! We sat there late at night looking at the amazing stars and saw 3 shooting stars. Brilliant! The sitting room was really nice with a library of interesting books, a DVD player and music - just what we needed for a quiet grown up weekend.

Wendy made us feel very welcome and helped us with dinner arrangements etc. as well as lots of info on what to see and do.

There is a huge olive grove to wander in as well and my partner played golf on the course next door on one afternoon whilst I went and had a massage.

Highly recommended - we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple