“A truly delightful relaxing break”

Scarborough Apartments
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 3 nights in a motel room,which had every facility that I could need including tea/coffee making facilities,small fridge and mini bar, and TV.
The room and ensuite shower were very modern and were obviously newly decorated.
Bed linen was gorgeous and fresh towels every day,should you need them.
If you stay in the motel you do not have the use of the pool facilities so when I returned a week later,having booked the same accommodation,the management had upgraded me to a hotel room in the main building which was fabulous,contemporary and a very good size.
The pool,bar and restaurant were all available for use and the staff were very amenable and friendly.
Romina,the manager and all the staff contributed to making my stay very memorable.
You are only a short walk to the famous Scarborough beach and there are some fabulous restaurants and bars very close by. You are also only a short drive from the city so everything is on your doorstep.
I am already planning my return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 52Lesley
Michael C, General Manager at Scarborough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Lesley

We are very grateful for your feedback following your recent stay at the Scarborough Observation Resort – Motel rooms, delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay here with us.

Your feedback about Romina is most welcomed and she is very happy to be in receipt of your comments ! It is nice to hear you enjoyed an upgrade on your return stay to our nearby 4 Star Hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon, please feel free to contact Romina or myself, we will be delighted to help with your requirements.

There are newer reviews for Scarborough Apartments

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We pre-paid with our travel agent, and had actually checked out the dump with google earth, and it looked okay.
When we arrived it was obvious the photos we had looked at were historical, and our son was outraged with the run-down condition, talking us into discussing with reception for a refund or at least an upgrade. Of course , the receptionist was horrified , and had never before had any complaints like ours(yeah right). As it turned out, because of the xmas / new year time of our stay, there was no chance of any upgrade or refund, so we decided to bite the bullet and move into our hovel for our time in Perth.
So, where to start?. From the front, standing in the dead-end street, the whole place looks tired and ugly, with horrible rust stains running down the faded blue walls, and I thought, the best thing about the place, would be to keep a bull-dozer operator employed for a week or so. There is a pool in the front left corner, but no water and full of slime and trash.
Inside, the scruffy floor vinyl has never seen a cleaner, and it looked like a previous inmate had either opened a fizzy beer or something and sprayed it over the living area walls, again, never been cleaned. There is mould and stains on the ceiling, filthy. Cook top, ancient, as is the fridge. The television set has probably been reclaimed by the local museum, and is now pumping out its 2.5 channel repertoire to fascinated youngsters. We chucked out Tvs like this example about 5 years ago!. The bathroom..... the shower,... broken glass surrounds, 1960 style tiles, chipped handbasin, mouldy ceiling, and best of all, the water is heated on demand, as required (not), it was either scalding or frozen and impossible to regulate. Pathetic. None of the windows were actually lockable from inside, but who cares, obviously, they all have tinny security screens for safety .
I have to add ,the big bed was comfortable, even with short sheets, but the bedroom itself really could have done with its annual clean though.
All in all, I would not recommend this dump to anybody, especially when you 're paying close to 300 real Australian dollars a day, appalling!!.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kneesdown
Michael C, General Manager at Scarborough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Karen & Family

As with my previous reply, Thank you very much for taking time to review the Motel two times following your stay in December 2012, it is clear that you were unhappy with the accommodation booked. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Upon commencement at the Hotel this January 2013, the team and I have set about on a number of new and very exciting initiatives all aimed at ultimately increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty to our brand and collection of accommodation choices.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay. You have my personal assurance of an altogether better stay next time around.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on + 61 8 9245 8000 extension 409.

Have a great week

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in the apartment block(situated on the dead-end sidestreet) over Christmas. The bathroom was disgusting. The shower cubicle wall was shattered, the dining/lounge area had filthy walls, I don't know if the windows had seen a cleaning for quite some time. The floors were filthy, the ceiling paint was peeling and the dining table looked like an etcher had been practicing his art on it. We tried to upgrade but the receptionist wasn't really that helpful. The TV was laughable. We threw our one like that out 20years ago.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Karen

Have a great week

A TripAdvisor Member
Perth Coast
Reviewed November 29, 2012

after driving for 14 hrs,i arrived to find my code to the lock box was not working. I could not get in contact with night porter so was without a room for another hour. Due to fatigue i then realised there was a mobile number in small print on sliding door to which connected to a manager,after discussing my situation and asked if anything could be done for the incovinience,i was told i would have a phone call returned to myself later that day,i said this was fine and my mobile would be on.Still a week later no phone call.I also booked another room and once again asked for a phone call on the morning i was due to switch rooms regardless if the room was ready or not at 1030, once again no call. When inquired about at reception i was told that there was no reports of these requests logged on my file and a complaint to be made,as everything else has been so called not logged i feel that my complaint would follow the same avenue and my efforts would be for nothing,so i leave this reveiw that ask the name of the person who you talk to with a kept time and ask them for verification that your requests have been logged on your file ,i hope this will stop further frustrations with future guests, otherwise good spot,house keeping good.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Michael C, General Manager at Scarborough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Motel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay, you have the teams’ and my personal assurance of an altogether better experience the next time around.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This property has so much potential, but is in desperate need of a renovation We stayed in a 2 Bed Villa, which had plenty of space, great layout. Good sized front and back courtyard and parking, close to the beach and shops. The inside however was a mismatch of furniture, the bathroom and kitchen were very dated. The ceilings were flaking in several rooms and the toilet had black mold on the celing and walls and not very clean!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Hotel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some years after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Tis hotel would once have been the "place to stay". It a bit irked now but undergoing a massive renovation. Make sure you stay in the upper level "club class" and you will have a wonderfull stay. room are newly renovated and have great views of the Indian Ocean. We stayed on level 25 and have breakfast in the Club lounge. Good breakfast, all you could ask for and great staff. Canapé in the evening all part of the deal. Good place to be for the sunset. You acan open the door to the balcony and hear the waves breaking all night! If you want all the foyer glitz, poolside ambience and bar service this is not the place yet , but when the ronos are finished it will be fantastic. I was happy with my room at the price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your report, for the benefit of others who may read this, we feel it is important to confirm that you may have selected the incorrect property when writing this report. Our budget orientated Scarborough Observation Resort is not refurbishing at this time and nor do we have an elevator as our accommodation is mostly at ground floor or street level and finally we do not have a club lounge at the motel.

Whilst we are aware of which property you most likely refer to we are unable to make a reference to it on this forum but we are sure you will figure that out for yourself.

We do however have a nice 4 star property in the area and would be delighted to accommodate you there on your next stay in Scarborough.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Close to beach and shops in Scarborough..a good feel stay in basic clean apartment type rooms. Service to rooms is adequate and thorough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Barry

We do appreciate your lovely feedback about the housekeeping services and the location which are welcomed.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on 08 9245 8000 extension 409. We look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

Arcadia Hospitality

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
#1 of 1 in North Beach
Ocean Beach Hotel
Ocean Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cottesloe

Been to Scarborough Apartments? Share your experiences!