“Great location!”

Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
“Great location!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom villa next to the communal accommodation. The villa was nice and cosy. We had a TV and a self contained kitchen, which was great. Huge front courtyard and back courtyard, very out dated, the back courtyard was falling apart. The main bedroom bed was just two beds propped together, but it was comfortable. It did have bed bugs though, my partner and I both got bitten on our shoulders and arms multiple times after sleeping so we weren't too happy about that. Overall the location was fantastic, just a walk away from the beach and local shops. I would stay here again if they could guarantee no bed bugs!

• Stayed May 2013
Michael C, General Manager at Sunmoon Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer

We have read with interest your review and appreciate you taking the time to write this report. It is refreshing to learn that overall you have enjoyed your short stay here with us. For the benefit of other consumers visiting this website I thought I might add that you have stayed at our adjacent 2.5 star resort as oppose to The Sunmoon Boutique Hotel, that is where we have the Villa’s which you refer to.

We are very grateful for your feedback and especially thankful that you found the cleanliness to be of a high quality at the Villas. I was concerned to read about your feedback in respect to the bedding, we will take corrective action as required and thank you for highlighting this. As a point of interest all our Queen/ King beds at the Villas offer a split option in that they can be made as 2 single beds or 1 Queen Bed, I am not entirely sure if this is what your comment was about. We will of course take corrective action as required with the backyard.

We are naturally very concerned to read about your comments about bedbugs, after much investigating we cannot confirm this to be the case? Be rest assured we have quite strict internal procedures to follow should such feedback be passed to the Hotel and of course we enforce this with immediate effect. I would be interested to know more about this and would appreciate if you could take the time to call myself at the Sunmoon Boutique Hotel.

On a positive note we are delighted to see you enjoyed the location and would return to the Resort and we look forward to the pleasure of your company again. I would be delighted to act as your point of contact. My contact telephone number is listed below and my extension number is 409. If I can be of any assistance at all with making your reservation please do give me a call.

Once again thank you for completing this online review and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Michael Cheung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked this place as a surprise get away for my partner +may I say it certainly was a surprise for him +me!! Rooms are amazing! Very classy! Bed super comfy, furniture stylish, bathroom modern +nice full sized fridge for our drinks. It was nice that my partner, who is a bit of a lanky one, could fit into the spa bath. Everything perfectly clean +tidy. The view from the balcony well it was just our cup of tea! Masses of lush plants, tranquil water features and nice arty pieces made it feel like it definitely wasn't in Perth! The pool area was clean +relaxing, lots of outdoor seating. Similar to a tropical get away without the humidity.

Now the restaurant....BRILLIANT! We had an entertainment card so we got a discount so it was exceptional value (otherwise would unfortunately be a bit pricey). The staff were so friendly and down to earth +would stay by our table +chat with us a little. Definitely deserved our tips! The food was without fault. Biggest problem was choosing one of the delicious looking menu items! Also a minor flaw was that both wines on the menu I wanted to try were out of stock but the one I settled for was still a lovely compliment to the meal. Also had breakfast here which was a nice +relaxed affair-$10 continental brekky was nice value for money +my eggs benedict was delicious.

If I had to make any small suggestions for further improvement:
-a DVD player in the rooms would be nice.
-parking included in stay. Free parking around the corner was a bit of a pain.
-allowing guests to eat breakfast at the outdoor seating area would be a lovely way to start the day!!

Overall I had a magical weekend +my man loved it! We can't wait to come back-most likely end of June for another mini stay. Sunmoon is a little bit pricey so it's not your everyday hotel but if you want a little luxury then it's well worth it!! =D

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Reviewer

We have read with interest your review and appreciate you taking the time to write this report. It is refreshing to learn that overall you have enjoyed your short stay here with us. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff in our restaurant to be welcoming and interested in your stay, this really is music to our ears.

Thank you for your kind comments about the layout of the resort, we have just completed a week of gardening so the gardens have just benefitted from a mini facelift and are looking fresh and vibrant ready for to play their role! We do have an al fresco area which is located on the internal side of the Hotel amidst the gardens, late last week we re-launched the all- day dining menu which is served at the al fresco area so weather permitting, it is a quiet and peaceful venue to enjoy some excellent grazing platters.

Your reference to objects of art is much appreciated. To compliment art at The Sunmoon we are adding additional features to our bedrooms, a collection of amazingly interesting historic prints of Perth and Scarborough which complement the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, we hope that moving forward and once the installation is completed, this will add another element of interest for guests staying here, eventually these unique prints will be for sale via our reception desk for guests to take a souvenir print home with them.

Your points for improving service here at the Hotel are really well made and thank you for bringing those to my attention. We are currently considering the possibility of DVD’s in the higher category of guest rooms and we will review opening the al fresco area for breakfast as well. Thank you once again for bringing these to my attention.

We do hope to have the pleasure of your company again in June or July, I would be delighted to act as your point of contact. My contact telephone number is listed below and my extension number is 409 If I can be of any assistance at all with making your reservation. Our top tip for your next trip, when booking accommodation you can also avail of a special promotional price for dinner in our restaurant, which is any three courses from our A La Carte menu at a great price of only $49.00 per person so be sure to ask for your suggested trip in June or July, this special price is extended to guests who are staying at the Hotel and can be booked at the time you book your bedroom.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I actually stayed at Sunmoon as I was in between rental properties.

It was quite a traumatic time for me, as the home I had moved out of was my home of over 7years.

The Sunmoon was VERY affordable (prices for the room, not per person, per night), clean, carefree, close to everywhere I needed to go, cheery and just plain relaxing. Added to boot, there was a certain level of class that I didn't expect for such a reasonable price.

The staff were polite, helpful and kind, and the breakfasts were great.

I would recommend Sunmoon to anyone, and would definitely stay there again myself.

Thanks everyone at the Sunmoon

• Stayed May 2013
Michael C, General Manager at Sunmoon Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Zozatron

Thank you so much for taking time to review the Hotel following your stay here. I do hope that you have now settled into your new home, we are always available as your second home when you might need one!

It is refreshing to read through your experience and I hope that it was the team here that created that feeling of class which you refer to. Great to hear you appreciated both our location and the overall cleanliness of the resort. We have just reviewed both our breakfast menu and continental buffet so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your morning meals.

If you are living locally do pop in and say hello at some stage, it would be good to meet you. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at the Sunmoon.

Have a lovely weekend ahead.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently had a fantastic experience at the Sunmoon for my parents Diamond Wedding Anniversary. The staff were very friendly, accommodating and exceptional in arranging everything perfectly particularly for the special needs of my elderly parents and their friends. The General Manager was extremely professional, knowledgeable and the event ran like clockwork. The catering was exactly what we had asked for and the clean plates on the table were testament to the quality of the cuisine. Also the Hors d'oeuvres prior to the main meal were delicious. Thank you for making the day so special for my parents.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sue

It is really wonderful to hear that your parents had a wonderful day here whilst celebrating their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. It was also our real pleasure to assist you in making this day as memorable as possible for your parents.

Thank you for your kind comments pertaining to the quality of food and service here at the Hotel, the team really do appreciate this feedback.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at The Sunmoon.

Have a lovely weekend ahead.

near perth
Reviewed April 25, 2013

stayed in villa quick check in with friendly service
easy access to beach and nearby attractions
major shopping center nearby (westfield innaloo 5 min away)
tv did not work but was replaced with brand new set and with very friendly service
would definately reccomend this resort to any traveller

Room Tip: villa 10 has new tv
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

We are delighted that you to hear that you had a great stay with us recently and thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated.

I am very grateful for your feedback in regards to the TV set in your Villa, although delighted to see that we replaced that once you notified us of the malfunction. You are right in identifying Westfield at Innaloo, not to mention the dozens of other stores in that vicinity, it really is a shopping frenzy in that area, almost getting excited at the thoughts of it!

We are delighted to hear that you will be returning again, I do hope that you will say hello in person on your next visit. Please feel free to call me at any time on 08 9245 8000 extension 409, It would be my pleasure to assist.

Thank you again and have a great weekend.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here overnight, it's a quick walk across the road to the beach. Also lots of shops and cafes within walking distance. Didn't eat at the hotel and was surprised that the room rate didn't include breakfast. Rooms were comfy and spacious, though water pressure was somewhat lacking.

• Stayed April 2013
Michael C, General Manager at Sunmoon Boutique Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Reviewer

We are delighted that you to hear that you had a great stay with us recently and thank you for choosing the Sunmoon Boutique Resort.

I am very grateful for your feedback in regards to the water pressure, we will be monitoring this across all the bedrooms over the coming days and where required, we will of course take corrective action. Thank you for your nice feedback about the beds, all of which are recently new to the resort as part of a refurbishment project undertaken in early 2012.

Scarborough Village with its many restaurants and stores is located on our door steps, as the Autumn approaches the city releases a number of really exciting and fun activities in the local area which when coupled with the beautiful Scarborough, Brighton and Floreat Beach’ really make for a fun and action packed weekend.

We are delighted to hear that you will be returning again, I do hope that you will try our restaurant on your next stay. Please feel free to call me at any time on 08 9245 8000 extension 409, It would be my pleasure to assist.

Thank you again and have a great week.

NSW
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Look after the 3 places l stayed at in WA. This was the worst! It's not the worst place I've stayed in but overall it didn't make me overly thrilled that I'd moved from the four points in the CBD where l even got breakfast and free wifi!
Hotel was noisy from main rd. check in was lengthy and extremely frustrating even with 5 girls running around all over the shop! Communication!!!!!!
The only perk was being 2 min walk to beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the main road!!! You will go nuts otherwise!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Michael C, General Manager at Sunmoon Boutique Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Shassa

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Hotel following your recent stay in March. It is with disappointment that we read through your review although we appreciate the constructive manner in which you have brought your comments to our attention.

I am sorry to hear that you felt we were 3rd of the three hotels you stayed at on this trip, as you quite rightly indicate arriving from a more or less brand new hotel, it would be worth pointing out that one would have to compare like with like, At this time we do not have any plans to offer Wi-Fi for free I am afraid to say, we may however look to offer free Wi-Fi within our restaurant areas moving forward. I understand from your review that you opted to book a rate which did not include breakfast. For the benefit of other readers we do offer a really competitive rate for breakfast when pre booked at the time of reservation on our website or you can call us once the booking is made to arrange the rate. Currently that pre booked rate is at $9.95 per person per day for continental breakfast whilst served in the restaurant. The continental breakfast consists of a selection of cold cuts, seasonal carved fruits, whole fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt, fruit juices and pastries with a choice of tea or coffee. Other items are also available at a charge from our a la carte menu such as eggs benedict, French toast with maple syrup and my favourite is the eggs any style with crispy bacon and roasted tomato.

We do enjoy an excellent location only minutes’ walk from the beautiful beach area, picnic parks and the much coveted west coast highway walking routes. Just a few steps away are a great selection of restaurants and bars that guests can enjoy during their stay. It is fair to say that the quietest bedrooms would be located to the rear of the Hotel or alternatively facing the garden which is an inward view, that said the West Coast Highway for much of the day remains quiet at best and tends to be busier only at peak times, the busiest times tend to be on working days. Our reservations team are always on hand and we encourage other readers to contact us directly for specific room requests as we will always do our best to honour them.

I am sorry to hear that check-in appears not to have met with your satisfaction, that said we do normally deliver a relatively seamless check in experience and it would be irregular to have five team members on duty at one time as our reception desk can physically accommodate only two team members. I would be grateful if you wanted to pass any further feedback to me with regards to this, my telephone number is 08 9245 8000 extension 409.

Once again thank you for your feedback I would be delighted to hear from you should you be returning to the Sunmoon, please feel free to call me at any time.

Michael Cheung
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Indian Ocean Hotel
#3 of 6 in Scarborough
West Beach Lagoon
#2 of 6 in Scarborough
Ocean View Motel
#1 of 1 in North Beach
West Perth
Sage Hotel West Perth

Been to Sunmoon Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!