“very average :-(”

Cuisines: Australian, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

had an overnight stay at the Rendezvous Hotel, and had brekky the next morning.
the newly renovated venue is a credit to the Hotel complex.
However, the buffet breakfast was a definite let down. We went down for brekky at 8am and were let down at the choices available for non meat eaters. for example, no baked beans, pancakes , grilled tomatoes these items are usually a regular at any buffet brekky. The scrambled eggs I had would have to be one of the worst I have eaten , very floury and grainy which kind of suggests that could have been powdered egg mix ! A very limited selected of pastries were also on display.
hopefully on our next stay the brekky would have been improved.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dinner here was just average for the price and although the staff were very friendly.
Not sure if they had outdoor seating

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I followed their instructions to make a booking. One month later I've received no response or acknowledgement of making the booking. Considering the hotel and cafe present themselves as "elite" and 4-5 star in Perth this is pretty disgusting they want to treat potential customers that why.

Obviously they're used to rich foreign and local clients so the "plebs" like me aren't welcome and nor is our money. I am certainly not your run of the mill Aussie bogan scumbag.

Not impressed by the lack of response and will never use this hotel or go to this restaurant. I'd never recommend it to anyone I know who wants to visit the Scarborough area.

2  Thank Missfiore10
Matthew R, General Manager at Straits Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Missfiore,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment in regards to your restaurant reservation.
We have in place a 3rd party booking system (Dimmi), which upon booking, Dimmi generates a email confirmation out to you.

Thank-you for your valuable feed back as I will now investigate further with Dimmi as to why this did not happen.

Our purpose on outsourcing Dimmi is to capture all guest to our restaurant and is intended to make the reservation process smoother.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I dined here last week along with 3 others & I have to say I really enjoyed the experience. I thought the food was really tasty and well presented & I'm glad we ate there.
The service was pretty good & we didn't feel rushed at all. If I am back in the area, I will definitely try here again.

1  Thank youngy23
Reviewed March 8, 2014

we enjoyed the food that came out but its overpriced and came out sporadically and slowly. Okay if you're happy to just sit around and wait for the things you've ordered and if you don't mind eating at different times to your friends.