“Not all it seems”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Straits Cafe

Straits Cafe
Reserve with
Straits Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Fusion, Australian, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DCR
“Not all it seems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dinner here was just average for the price and although the staff were very friendly.
Not sure if they had outdoor seating

• Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Clearly My Money Isn't As Good As Their "Rich" Clients”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I followed their instructions to make a booking. One month later I've received no response or acknowledgement of making the booking. Considering the hotel and cafe present themselves as "elite" and 4-5 star in Perth this is pretty disgusting they want to treat potential customers that why.

Obviously they're used to rich foreign and local clients so the "plebs" like me aren't welcome and nor is our money. I am certainly not your run of the mill Aussie bogan scumbag.

Not impressed by the lack of response and will never use this hotel or go to this restaurant. I'd never recommend it to anyone I know who wants to visit the Scarborough area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Missfiore10
Matthew R, General Manager at Straits Cafe, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Missfiore,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment in regards to your restaurant reservation.
We have in place a 3rd party booking system (Dimmi), which upon booking, Dimmi generates a email confirmation out to you.

Thank-you for your valuable feed back as I will now investigate further with Dimmi as to why this did not happen.

Our purpose on outsourcing Dimmi is to capture all guest to our restaurant and is intended to make the reservation process smoother.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in a nice ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I dined here last week along with 3 others & I have to say I really enjoyed the experience. I thought the food was really tasty and well presented & I'm glad we ate there.
The service was pretty good & we didn't feel rushed at all. If I am back in the area, I will definitely try here again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank youngy23
“Nice food but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

we enjoyed the food that came out but its overpriced and came out sporadically and slowly. Okay if you're happy to just sit around and wait for the things you've ordered and if you don't mind eating at different times to your friends.

Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
“Great views, great food, great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Visited the Straits Café within the Rendezvous Grand Hotel with the hubby and little toddler over lunch time.
It was surprisingly quiet (we were a bit early) at first but more guests arrived while we had lunch.
Great views over the ocean. Very attentative staff members who made sure our little one gets his meal first before he starts complaining.
As we were quite early we could only choose from all day menu that offered limited but good choices.
We had a burger and a Caesar Salad and were very happy with our meals.
We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
Emilio F, Manager at Straits Cafe, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear BerlinFoodLove,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your wonderful feedback on your recent visit to Straits Cafe.

I am so glad to hear that the service you received from our team was of a high caliber, one which we aim to offer our patrons; and that your meals were to your satisfaction.

We hope to have you with us again.