All reviewsindie barfree continental breakfastfifth floorolder style hotelmovie channelsdeluxe roomshort walk to the beachsecure parkingrooms are cleanwithin easy walking distanceovernight staybalcony doordown stairsindytariffmicrowave
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed for one night to see family & friends. We had a deluxe room with king size + one single on the fifth floor. Being a Saturday night we were initially concerned about the noise from the famed Indie Bar. We needn't have worried, however, as we barely heard anything. The room was "old style" & somewhat worn, but this was not a problem as it was clean & more than adequate for our "one night visit". The two female reception staff were friendly & welcoming.

Having travelled extensively, both interstate & overseas, we can recommend this hotel as long as your expectations are not over the top.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ToadPortBouvard
Reviewed August 4, 2011

When you look at the internet site the hotel looks ok but when you get there it is extremely dated - although clean the front desk has a take it or leave it attitude. What is even more amazing is that they require you to leave a $100 Bond???? Whats that all about I have never had to put up a bond at a HOTEL before.
The rate was $120 on Wotif - not cheap but then everything in WA is overpriced.
CLIVE

Room Tip: Very dated
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank clivehaddow
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Scarborough is a great seaside holiday spot and therefore, if the owners of this place knew better, they would be up with the times to make sure its everything holidaymakers are looking for. In the restaurant I noticed a redevelopment proposal plan on the wall...unfortunately, this was about 10yrs old. Guessing it was a No Go! The bar area was friendly and welcoming and we enjoyed our dinner there. Must admit though, the person on reception when we checked in could have done with a personality overhaul. Boy, if it wasn't for my partner dealing with her, I would have made a quick exit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Winonz11
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I booked my stay through Wotif and paid an extra $20 a night for a "deluxe ocean view". This was one of three "views" offered. When shown to my room the only (insignificant) sign of the ocean was from the front corner of the balcony. When I queried this I was told by the receptionist "none of our rooms face the ocean"! and that my room had a nicer bathroom than the ones on lower floors (I wasn't interested in spending the night in the bathroom). I moved to a room on a lower floor and the rooms were pretty much identical - clean, but tired and dated. The hotel is out of the way and quite noisy when there is a band playing. In fairness they do limit the noise - stopping bands at 11.00pm!! Never again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Lyn2905
Reviewed February 5, 2011

One night at the IOH was not enough. Fifth floor, deluxe room was spacious and quiet. Sure this hotel is not a 5 star but neither is the price, great value for money. Its got a real holiday, laid back vibe to it. Its a shame we did not stay here 20 years ago when the decor was fresh. Bed was great with heaps of pillow choices, bathrom was small but functional and as mentioned before, the water pressure is low, but not critical. Breakfast was included and repleneshed regularly. A cooked breakfast is available at a good price. We had a meal at the bistro at night and enjoyed sharing the tasting plate. The menu had enough choice and some great blackboard specials in addition. All the staff were nice.The Indi Bar rocks, so try and get a room on a high floor if you need to sleep well. Pool area is great. We left relaxed and if time permitted would of easily stayed one more night, that pool area looked so inviting to just kick back and chill. This Hotel has charactor and a good vibe, try it before the big redevelopment, it wont be the same, some may say good, but we like it just the way it is. Its almost a Bali vibe in Scarborough.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple