“wonderful atmosphere holiday units”
Review of West Beach Lagoon

West Beach Lagoon
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Great Western, Australia
“wonderful atmosphere holiday units”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and family and also myself and friend have stayed here many times. We have just been back recently. The units are lovely and very clean. The staff always helpful and the atmosphere is just fantastic.... that real holiday atmosphere where u just feel so welcomed and content. Lovely pool and the beach across the road. Wonderful walk to the cafes and restaurants just 2 minutes up the road. recommend highly - Suzie

Room Tip: family with children suggest not far from pool area............. couples suggest beachside units, 1...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Apartments comfortsble and roomy. Quiet and cool . Nice pool. Handy to beach. Close by to bike hire . Grest biking up znd down coast. Good day trip on bikes to Freemantle. Nice restaurant the Fig nearby coles supermarket at end oif street. Would stay sgain

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This would rate as the worst accommodation I have experienced. My work finds me in various accommodation in Qld, NSW, Vic and NT. Staying in major regional centers, small towns and capital cities. From caravan parks, Pubs, Motels & 5 star hotels I believe I'v seen it all. Until I stayed at the West Beach Lagoon for five nights........

It was the lack of maintenance that turned me off. Water damage to bedroom wall from leaking shower. Toilet leaking at outlet valve. (kept topping up during night) Refrigeration continually running even on low. Taps leaking and spraying water all over place. Laminate lifting in bathroom & kitchen. Peeling paint. Musty overall smell.

When I did complain a room close by was offered. It was slightly better but my work commitments prevented me from finding alternative accommodation.

There may be better rooms but none were offered to me.

Don't stay here........

Room Tip: Never stay in a strata title
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger D

Travelers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Shepparton
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We needed 1 nights accommodation north of Perth for a work trip. Perth is very difficult place to get last minute accommodation and is pretty expensive. After phoning a couple of options we managed to get a 2 room apartment for under $140 for 1 night even though the website said a 2 night minimum was required. We were not expecting much for the cheap price and I asked to view the room prior to paying for it.

I was pleasantly surprised, the apartment was very roomy, clean and had all the basics we needed. The bathroom is very dated but with plenty off room to renovate. The mattress I had was beyond its use by date and sagged like a 30 year old pack horse.

It was great to have a hot spa on arrival after a hard days work, but it is located so that all the restaurant patrons watch you while you bath. The pool would be great for kids with a small slide and island. The back entrance to the hotel opens on to the beachfront and its an easy walk to some great eateries. The parking is terrible and I think there would be lots of scrapes and dings because it is so tight.

Overall = Good for the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter B
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering the apartment I said it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Well, that was due to the cheap makeover in the lounge and kitchen. But the bathroom was dreadful and old and the hot water took forever to start, and I'm still not sure how we got it started. And I found a dead cockroach and was disgusted. Yes, great location if you were travelling in summer, but I dont like spending ten mins wasting water trying to have a hot shower.

• Stayed July 2012
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Well I have to say I was a little dissapointed by the beds and lounge. Both were very hard and uncomfortable and there was a lack of pillows.

The bathroom how ever majorly made up for it with a massive spa bath!! and good sized shower.

Outside was a very nice relaxing looking pool area with lots of plants.

We had our own little seating area directly out the side of our room as well.

While it wasn't exactly the best place i've stayed for the price I would stay again :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

If you are after an affordable place to lay your head after a long day of playing tourist, look no further. We had a 2 bed apt. which was perfect for us (family of 4). Pool was perfect, beach is just across the street, good laundry, great location being close to everything. Supermarket is just a short walk, along with bottle shop and plenty of cafe's as well. Ideally located for access to city, airport and all tourist routes.
We will definately be coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lauri P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Be. Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
#2 of 8 in Fremantle
Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges

Been to West Beach Lagoon? Share your experiences!