“A buzzing place”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a dinner and breakfast here.
Both were very pleasant. Breakfast you had to line up for but worth the wait

There are newer reviews for The Wild Fig

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked for brunch and luckily so as it was busy. You are met at the front door where the waitperson was trying to settle a bill and there was no semblance of organisation. Finally were able to be attended to and were shown a table near the kitchen. It took some time for a waitperson to come back to us and was asked if we would like something to drink. We ordered coffees and then waited, and waited and waited. Eventually our coffees arrived in tiny cups. The cups were placed on the table and the person left without asking if we would like to order some food.

The coffee was lukewarm at best and quickly consumed. So we then waited and waited and waited. Still no service. I eventually became frustrated and left my chair to get a waitperson to take our order.

We then waited and waited even further. No-one asked if we would like another coffee or any other drinks. We waited again. Eventually our food came out but lo and behold, no cutlery. We had to wait a few minutes and I eventually got out of my chair as our food was cooling rapidly. The waitperson then arrived with the cutlery.

The food was ok. Nothing special although the fried eggs for two people in my party of four were not cooked. The whites were still glutinous and the yokes raw.

For the money you pay you expect decent service, good surroundings and good food. I would not recommend this place as there are several other good eating places nearby. Disappointing really as the Wild Fig when it was further up the coast was very good.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Breakfast was pleasant and better than if I had to cook it myself but nothing really to rave about. Coffee comes in very small cups and whilst it is a quirky place the staff were not terribly forthcoming.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner on Friday night without booking. It looked full. Lucky they had a table for us. There was also a band playing on Friday night.

I has the beef filler with mash. It was yum!! My partner had the lamb, apparently it wasn't very good/cook. The table next to us complained about the lamb. We didn't try the other foods. But it does have a good atmosphere and it was a cosy place. Service was prompt too. We had a entertainment book voucher so we weren't fuss about complaining. It was buy 1 get 1 free.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I live in the area. Last week, I reluctantly agreed to go with my son for dinner because I've never had a really good experience there. AGAIN, I was deeply disappointed. In fact I left the restaurant feeling disgusted and angry. I've just had spinal surgery and my chair was too uncomfortable for me and the table too high. They wouldn't let me change to another table or exchange chairs because the other table was for 4 persons and we were only 2. Our table was way to LOW for me and my back began to really ache after just a few minutes. After I threaten to leave the waiter finally agreed for me to swap chairs. We waited for at least 15 minutes for them to offer us the menu. We got our drinks 20 minutes after ordering and had to wait a further 45 minutes for our orders to come. The 2 diners on the next table, that arrived about 20 minutes after us, had their meals before us. My salad was nothing special, just about OK for a $27+ meal. My son's steak was probably the SMALLEST piece of beef I've ever seen. It was sitting on top of a thin layer of mashed potatoes, 4 baby carrots and 5 small beans. For $47+ that's daylight robbery…! Needless to say, he raided the fridge at home the minute we got back home! But that was not all, for the 4 (FOURTH) time when I requested for the bill, they told me an amount that seemed way too high for what we had, so I requested for a print out and as I was expecting there were SEVERAL ITEMS (food, drinks & coffees) ON THE BILL THAT WERE NOT OURS. As I said, this is the 4th time the same thing has happened to me :(((( The last time the waitress told me that the items belonged to the person who sat at that particular table before us and because they had paid at the table (to the waitress), the staff had forgotten to amend it on their computer system. Hellooooo????? Which leaves me to ask the question, how MANY people pay for meals or drinks that are not theirs? As someone commented earlier, they don't give you a receipt UNLESS you ask for one! I will never recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank Coollocalgirl