“There is better down the street” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wild Fig

The Wild Fig
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, International
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Townsville, Australia
“There is better down the street”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I can only half review this place as we left before ordering. We waited to be seated while the waitresses chatted to each other. Once seated we looked over the breakfast menu, it was awfully laid out and very pricey. We waited for the waitress to return but got tired of being ignored and walked off down the street to someone who wanted our business.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went here twice in 18 months and both times I swore I'd never go back. This was my third and last time. I will never return. The service is mediocre with staff who don't understand the menu or the wines. Then again, the wine list is woefully poor with limited choice. The food is a complete rip off - I had the lunch special which comprised 3 rolled up slices of cured salmon, an assortment of salad greens in an oily coating, 4 cubes of potato, 2 cherry tomatoes, a few salty green & black olives AND they had the cheek to charge $21!! I walked out feeling absolutely ripped off - and very hungry! I cannot believe they can get away with this. I implore everyone not to go - hopefully they will be replaced by a restaurant who delivers something to be proud.

• Visited November 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

After a mornings Sailing the Fig was the place to go and have a hearty all day breakfast. The service was good and efficient. Parking adjacent makes it easy to stop of for a quick meal. Only 50yards of the highway

Visited October 2013
“Less than acceptable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went for a meal with friends and booked for 7.30 and while drinks arrived promtly we didn't get to order our meal for an hour and we had to ask someone to come over. When our meals arrived 45 minutes later everything was cold. Expensive ,poor service and cold meals.

Visited November 2013
Perth, Australia
“not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was hesitant to go this restaurant because of the reviews already posted and they proved correct, nothing at the wild fig was good. Our table was set on the door way and my chair leg kept catching on the door track, we had to get the attention of waitstaff to order drinks and then wait quite a while for them to return with the drinks. The restaurant wasn't very busy yet staff seemed to be very hard to find to order our meals, again waited for ages for our meals to arrive, then my meal was stone cold, sent it back and promptly got another one. The manager was apologetic and said it shouldn't have been cold, der. Waitstaff seemed to be all backpackers and English wasn't their first language which made ordering meals and explaining my meal was cold was difficult. Nothing about this place makes me want to go back.

• Visited October 2013