Tripadvisor
Scarborough
5,501 results
All reviews club room straits cafe lobby bar great view buffet breakfast pool area beach front scarborough beach great room ocean view across the road bars and restaurants fantastic location indian ocean balcony perth foreshore
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Family room way too small felt very cramped couldn’t sleep. Lift not working so we had to use fire escape stairs so not ideal as had to wait so long even when going from room to pool, wasted a lot of time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RHPSHM, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

vickybitter2020,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your recent experience with us.

Naturally, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed during your stay. The property does currently have 1 lift non-operational as routine maintenance is being undertaken, this lift is due back in service by the end of the week.

I have taken note of your feedback regarding room size for our family rooms.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Great over night stay close to everything you need. bars restaurants , beach. Room was great comfy bed ocean views enjoyed the complimentary drink and the restaurants in the hotel are delicious
Highly recommended

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Nikki J,

Many thanks for your review and we appreciate your positive review and look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back again when you next visit Perth.

All the best to you and your family for 2020!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

OK rarely do I ever give 5 stars, and the Rendezvous Scarborough almost got 5 stars if it wasn't for some minor vital flaws.
The great - Excellent location right on a fantastic beach, that said Scarborough is a Suburb outside the city and quite isolated from many local attractions without a car. There are many local bars and restaurants to keep you busy at night.Its about $60 / 30 mins in an Uber from the airport but if I think its well worth it as its a better choice for relaxing than the busy city hotels.
I booked a Club Room which was good value and arrived 11am well before the unreasonable 3pm check in time (should be 2pm) and was grateful the room was ready. The check in was quick with excellent service. I used their own parking facility but BE WARNED car height max 190cm so my 4x4 didnt fit, thank fully because I arrived early I was given a very limited spot on the drive way. Keep this in mind as Scarborough isn't the best Suburb and I wouldn't want to leave my car in a public car park.
The room was excellent better than expected, the pool was exceptional except not the best for kids that cant swim as its quite deep all over, non the less we thoroughly loved it, The spa / hot tub was OK but as with most hotels should be reserved for Adults only because we had young kids jumping in and playing which is really a NO/NO. The pool bar was open but is not reliable which was a shame. We played tennis and entered the limited games room. The club lounge was beautiful with exceptional service yet again over looking the Indian Ocean. The food was OK with a meal made for the kids which was a good touch, my little girl had the pasta which was pretty bland but maybe that's how its meant to be for kids. Its open for only 1.5 hrs where as most lounges are a full 2 hrs but that said it was enough for me.I was very disappointed at the lack of all day refreshments (like other lounges) there should have been access to non alcoholic drinks, sprite coke water etc, basic nibbles like nuts or chips and lollies. The lobby bar was really nice too with a great ambiance and once again great service. A piano but no entertainment.
Over all this is by far the best hotel I've stayed for a long time, comparing it to the Hyatt Regency in Perth and many other 5 star hotels.
OK the bad / or disappointing which in my opinion is compulsory for a 5 star hotel. The complimentary bathroom accessory's were lacking toothbrush kits (we rely on these and have never been let down before), sewing kits, earbuds, ear plugs etc it was very basic. There was also no slippers to go with the robes. Our balcony door was dirty on the outside and our mirror was in disrepair and unsightly.
The breakfast was only average. The staff didn't meet the rest of the hotels level of service. The female chef was miserable, she filled up the waffles spilling some on the floor and when I picked them up for her I received no acknowledgment or a thank you. Reserving tables is a NO/NO for me its elitist it spoils it for everyone else. Many of the remaining tables hadn't been cleared, ours had but was dirty and had to ask for it to be cleaned. BUT my biggest gripe and again not consistent for a 5 star hotel there was NO omelet station, and if you wanted an omelet you had to pay extra..!!!
The tomatoes were cold and hard, and the baked beans were horrible, the Chef had come up with some sort of homemade Mexican garlic version, Just use canned Heinz baked beans for breakfast!! that's what everyone wants normal baked beans..
Depending on your room rate v room only I would avoid the breakfast here at $30 pp and go to one of the many beach cafes downstairs.

This really is a great hotel and perhaps I am being too picky (not the breakfast though) and perhaps this is why we now have 6 star hotels because 5 star hotels standards have slipped. We cant wait to come back again again living locally I expect we will be regulars...

Note - We visited January 2020 Summertime, It would be a totally different experience in our winter with the local scene and weather, not sure if the pool is open or heated.

2  Thank Scuba2013

Scuba2013,

Many thanks for your review and we appreciate your positive review, welcome to the Perth beaches and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a perfect spot for R and R. Views of the beach...beautiful. everything you need in a hotel. Lots of great eating and drinking nearby...and that lovely blue sea. Friendly staff and service. Thanks

Trip type: Traveled solo

Steve L,

All the best to you and your family for 2020!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

This hotel used to be my favourite hotel to stay. My daughter worked in the Cocktail Lounge 20 years ago and it was a fantastic hotel then. The rooms were wonderful, the decor was beautiful, there were many choices of food in the restaurants and generally it was what I would say was a 5 star hotel. We stayed when Michael Jackson was there and it was just fantastic. Sad to see such a decline in the years that have followed. We do stay from time to time and our deluxe room was lovely. Everything seems quite shabby now.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Wanderer152938,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with us. The hotel certainly has an amazing history through the Americas Cup and numerous celebrity visitors.

We have over recent years refurbished a number of aspects in the hotel and will continue to work on presenting the property in its best way possible.

I am glad you still stay at the property and look forward to welcoming you back again soon,