“beautiful views”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a beautiful location and the room was lovely (Deluxe Ocean View room) - great views and central to all things in Scarborough. The staff were lovely and really helpful with any queries, they accommodated any request we had, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe ocean view rooms - its worth the bit extra as the views are awesome
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear 738Kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the Hotel and our team with such kind words. I am delighted to hear that your expectations were surpassed, which is what we wish for all of our valued guests to experience when they stay with us.

I shall pass your words onto the team and we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for nearly a week and really enjoyed every bit of it. The service received was faultless from the moment we pulled up with the concierge service to the wonderful restaurant staff, who couldn't do enough to please us, with our breakfast requests. Everything was perfect and I'm looking at returning next January and have already booked it. I wouldn't consider anywhere else.
5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2014
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Pudju68

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the team's service exceeded your expectations and left you with a great experience, which is what we aim for.

I shall definitely pass on your kind words to the team and we eagerly anticipate your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. My wife stayed in the hotel on the Friday night and had no issues with the room. Was a standard room with a good view of the ocean!
On the day of the wedding, my sister paid extra money to ensure we had chocolates or champagne in the room upon our arrival after the wedding (which we were unaware of!) upon our return, nothing was left in the room, however we were not too fussed at the time as were still on a high from getting married.
When we found out the following day that money had been given, we were very disappointed that nothing had been arranged as would have really ended the night on a high.
Credit where it is due, the manager reibursed my sister. It's things like this that let a big hotel down, especially being a wedding day!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scottybee84,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your marriage.

I am disappointed to hear that there was a lapse in service on this particularly special occasion. I am glad that my team were able to rectify this for you and we shall ensure more care is taken in the future with these kinds of requests.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Having not stayed here for many years and hearing that it was refurbished I was expecting so very much more.
The reception staff aren't the least bit warm, they just run through the motions.
The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated but lacked the pizazz that I expected to see for the price of the room.
The views are magnificent and the ocean is Perth's crowning glory IF you can get them, unfortunately our balcony overlooked a busy intersection instead with a sideways glimpse of the sea. .
I think you have to pay top dollar and get the top floor if you want the true experience of this hotel. Otherwise you are better off to grab one of the cheaper hotels along the highway and be closer to the water.
Breakfast was the highlight. What a wonderful spread of food and all presented and cooked to perfection. Id highly recommend people to book breakfast functions there, it is tops!
There was nothing to fault with our accommodations, but also nothing to rave over.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tammy R,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not exceed your expectations and the poor service from the reception team.

The hotel does have a number of room categories, ranging from our Superior Rooms (with no ocean view) up to our Club Rooms on level 23 and above, and our suites. I do recommend booking a Deluxe Oceanview room or above, to take advantage of the great sunsets over the Indian Ocean.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in Straits Cafe and that it delivered on presentation and taste, I shall pass on your kind words to the kitchen team.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have you back into the Hotel so that can improve on your last experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Not been in Perth for a while. Lovely to see all the new restaurants and bars are opening now. Love the new Nandos. Matisse looks great but pricy.
Well, hotel reception ladies are a bit clinical. Not sure what changed. Luckily there were some friendly guys, but the Aussie girls needs polishing and personality.
Have to admit, the outside of hotel had significant amount of papers, bottles and rubbish everywhere. Was not like this before as Used to be very clean outside. Good business trip with good service from the guys in the bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Malcolm B
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I live in Perth so whenever I stay at rendezvous it's for a special occasion and we don't really leave the hotel grounds. If I was a tourist staying in Perth I don't know if I would be happy with the location. It's just not really near any big attractions. Also the restaurant selection around the area isn't that great (not the hotels fault but still). They have just renovated and the rooms look fantastic!! Also I would recommend their plaza club option (you get free canopies at night and breakfast in the morning).

Might be okay if you had a hire car to travel in as the views are really beautiful and the hotel has a really nice pool area. If you're catching public transport on your stay though I would recommend something in the cbd or closer to a train line.

Only complaint is the restaurant they have downstairs used to do a really lovely buffet dinner and they've changed it to sit down and now charge an arm and a leg for tiny portions of food!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lex1893,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you loved the renovation and the stunning views our location has to offer. Our Club Lounge is definitely worth the upgrade and offers breathtaking views.

The Esplanade below the Hotel offers several food and beverage outlets as well as retail stores for those of our guests looking to explore. Several more will be opening up in time for Summer. Karrinyup Shopping Centre and Hilary’s Boat Harbour are also a short drive away from the Hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Staff are very friendly and the rooms excellent, we were room only so had breakfast across the road at the hobo cafe which was first class.
Our room was on the 12th floor with lovely view over the sea and very clean, just like almost all the big chain hotels, I will say the concierges were very helpful with information and getting us where we needed to be.
We ate in the resturant on one evening and were very happy with the quality of the meal and service. On a separate point, we had a problem with an expected delivery to the hotel which my wife found upsetting, within minutes the reception staff had a bottle of champagne sent up to our room, a nice touch.
At the end of the day would stay in central perth or better still in Fremantle if in the area again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Pan Pacific Perth
#15 of 66 in Perth
Ocean View Motel
#1 of 1 in North Beach

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!