“2 day stay”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the first two nights of my 3 week visit to Australia. The view from my room was great and the room was large and clean.
I found it very easy to sleep and the bed was big and comfy.
There is a pool on the 10th floor which I went to which offered some shade and shelter from the wind.
Overall I would recommend and think of coming back in future.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed 2 nights on the 19th floor overlooking the beach over the weekend. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. We had a problem with our door on the wardrobe which was fixed immediately by staff so very happy with the service. I think the only problem was the person who tiled the floor in the bathroom did not lean the floor to the drain in the floor as water from the shower left big puddles all around the toilet and under the cupboard. Maybe the shower glass recess could have been a little longer. It was windy on the balcony in the afternoon but did not worry us at all. We are planning to stay again and hope to get a similar room.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are very nice and up higher too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Margaret W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback from your recent stay.
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the newly refurbished guest rooms and stunning location, and even happier to hear that our team provided you with the high level of service that we aim to give our valued guests.

I apologise if there was any inconvenience caused with the design of the bathroom, I will look into this straight away.

Thank you for your kind words, I shall pass them onto the team, and we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were initially offered a very strange room. There was a glass window between the toilet/bathroom and the bedroom.
Giving no privacy at all to toilet users.
We made it plain to management that this was unacceptable, and, that we had no intention of using that room.
They very promptly gave us another room, higher up and with extra priviliges.
After that we were very pleased with the hotel, the concierge, porter, reception, and Club personnel were all first class.
We only stayed 2 nights, we mainly sat around the pool on floor ten, the beach was very hot and windy, so, we were happy to remain poolside.

Room Tip: Higher the better, with priviledge club benefits if possible. We never used the spa.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that our team was able to resolve the problem with your room with an upgrade and you enjoyed the stunning views these newly refurbished rooms have to offer. Thank you for your kind words to our team, I shall ensure they are passed on.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rendezvous Grand Hotel Perth Scarborough in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

The location is pretty much the only thing this hotel has going for it. Rooms have seen much better days and are pretty tacky. Air con didn't work well and two of the lifts were broken. Buffet breakfast was OK. Not ideal for any sort of travel. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear MissJudel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

The hotel has recent undergone a refurbishment, with the vast majority of rooms being updated. I am sorry you did not like the new look in the guest rooms.

We have had a technical problem with one of our lifts in the last week, with a delay in receiving a part to complete the repair. This has now been fixed. Unfortunately there were some slight delays with the lifts whilst this was rectified.

Thank you once again for your comments, and I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have just stayed here for the last 6 nights and have to say it is in a fab location, I stayed for the first 4 nights on the 16th floor in room 1617 overlooking the crossroads & the beach. In this particular room I didn't get any sun at all on the balcony & I found it was really windy. The room was really nice & couldn't fault that as such. I really loved the big walk in shower & the bed was lovely & comfortable.
Due to business reasons I had to extend my stay for a couple of nights and was moved to room 2208 on the 22nd floor which was overlooking the pool & beach. It had a lovely sunny balcony, the room was similar to the first but it had a big jacuzzi bath which I did make use of. I did think this room was not as well decorated & the carpet was well worn & the bath did have some burn marks on the bottom.
Wi-Fi is free but can be very slow, at one point I was getting 0.24 Mbps, no good for video calls but ok for the likes of viber,tango etc
People on reception were really nice, I had a quick check in & they were really helpful with a few problems I had.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Youngy23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your detailed feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the great location of the Hotel and that the newly refurbished guest rooms were to your liking, including the upgrade that was offered to you on extension of your stay. I will address the issues raised in room 2208 with our maintenance team to have them resolved.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced the excellent level of service from our team that strive to offer all of our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed on long weekend. (Wedding) Fantastic location. Breakfast very nice.
Room average.
We didn't have a blind between the bath room and bedroom.
Every time we went to the toilet the others had to leave the room, same as having a shower.
Had a extra bed added to room but no extra cup for the extra person.
At least camping you can hide behind a tree.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gravityo6

Dear Gravity o6,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the stunning coastal location of the Hotel and that you enjoyed breakfast with us.

I was concerned to read you did not have a privacy blind in your bathroom and the third person in your room was not catered for. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will follow up on this issue with our housekeeping and maintenance team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed overnight with my husband for our wedding anniversary. I paid extra and got a "Deluxe Front Ocean View Room". Sounds great hey!!!! To start we had to park our car in the street because it is a 4x4 and wouldn't fit under the car park. We got to the room and it was dirty. Black hairs on the bed spread and in the bathroom sink. The balcony had spilt food marks which hadn't been cleaned up. The ocean view was lovely if you were out side on the balcony, but if you went inside and closed the sliding door you couldn't see it cause the windows were that dirty you couldn't see through them. We happened to be there on the only day it rained in months and was cold, so we started up the heater for a bit of warmth. Guess what, the heater didn't work. It would get to 25 degrees and then go back down to 24 degrees, so we were cold. We called the reception twice and got someone up to look at it, who advised us the second time that it was broken and that he would have to get a maintenance person to look at it. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE MAINTENANCE PERSON TO COME LOOK AT IT. We advised the reception of the heater not working and the radio on the bed side table also not working on check out, but they didn't seem concerned at all. (what do you want me to do about it attitude).
We were very disappointed with the hotel, which was a shame because we don't get to stay in hotels very often, and I was hoping it would be special.

1  Thank Kathy S
Matthew R, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback on your stay with us.

I am very disappointed to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay, especially in regards to how the maintenance team handled the problem with your air conditioning. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will discuss your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager, to ensure similar instances do not occur in the future.

I would like to encourage you to email me at m.richardson@rendezvoushotels.com to see how we can improve the impression of the Hotel that you have after your stay, especially as it was such a special night for you. I hope to hear from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Fraser Suites Perth
#12 of 66 in Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!