“Great location and views”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Every room seems to have a view. Nice and big room. Great quality, new, flat screen TV, easily viewable from bed.
Lots of power points for charging ipad/phone etc.

Room service menu lots of variety. Tried some of the asian style dishes.

Cheap parking - $10 self park. Car park does look awful though, and lift up to hotel is a mess.

Coles right next door.

Room doors very loud when opening and closing - bangs so loud my bed vibrated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Room with a view and a balcony. Very comfy bed. Friendly staff. Nice and clean.
Views are spectacular - very close to the beach, and so handy for popping out and walking along the seafront.
Downsides - no chairs on balcony to sit and watch the ocean - but given that there was a chain-smoker below, it wouldn't have been healthy to sit out for long anyway, especially as the smoke came right up to the balcony doors.
(Maybe the hotel might consider segregating the balcony rooms so that the smokers could breathe in each others' fumes and the rest of us could breathe in the sea air?)
Weekend, so quite a bit of music and motorbike noise - but it finished fairly early, so sleep wasn't disturbed.

Room Tip: If you don't want to breathe in someone else's carcinogens, maybe try asking for a balcony r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank UsuallySunny
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had two nights in the Rendezvous in September 2013 and the room with views was great. We didn't think much of the service on Reception both when we arrived and left they only had one person on with numerous people waiting. Included in our package was breakfast and dinner at Straits Cafe, we actually weren't offered dinner when we arrived however with airline food we didn't need it. Breakfast was good with options of cooked food, continental with some healthy food options too. Dinner was a real disappointment lamb overcooked, duck okay but had little flavour the crowning was dessert it was divine - creme brulee and chocolate tart. Only other thing I would say was that Straits should change their cooking oil more regularly, we kept on getting these whiffs of stale cooking oil floating through the restaurant. Staffing at the restaurant were okay, it looked as if there were a few newbies who didn't know the menu well. Would I stay there again, probably but not sure if I would go with the food options. As I said in the beginning room was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judave
Justin P, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Judave,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel after your September trip.

We are certainly aware of some of the service issues we experienced earlier in the year and have been working with the team over the last few months to improve these areas.

I am confident that you would notice the difference the next time you are in Perth.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

2/11/2013

My Fiancé and I have stayed before, in January. We did not have a bad word to say, we enjoyed our stay and promoted it to many, we looked forward to coming again.

Unfortunately, the second stay...

... Very disappointing, to say the least.

- Underground car park – limited signage, scattered rubbish including beer bottles laying around in the parking spaces
- Very unimpressed stepping into a lift of a hotel, looked as though we were on a construction site
- Front desk staff seemed new - very slow check in
- Room cleanliness below standard – large rock scratched graffiti on the mirrored wardrobe – is this the slums? It felt like it
Ink stain across the bed sheets – cheap
Front door had manky hand and finger prints all over it – overly noticeable
No chairs on the balcony – what’s a view without having seats to admire it?
Metal shards on the balcony floor - ???
Plumbing issues - Gurgling toilet, constant noise!

- We stayed in a room at the end of the hall, the large window in the hall way had dried spillage over the window ledge, dead flies and hairs – tardy!

- WORST point of ALL – Upon getting into bed for a good night’s sleep, there was a constant, load, overpowering, roaring whistle - almost like being on an aeroplane during take off! After trying to sleep for two hours, after checking the sliding door was shut completely (and locked) I contacted reception at 12am. Reception stated that this was a constant issue, she proceeded to say “It is the hotels air conditioning system and as we were staying in a room at the end of the corridor the air con pressure builds up” I was firstly told “Can you turn your air con off?” I replied yes, it is already off. She then advised she cannot ask next door to turn theirs off (I totally agree) and then the question, the question that gob smacked me . . “Have you tried wearing ear plugs?” “No, no I haven’t tried wearing ear plugs, I didn’t expect I’d need ear plugs at a nights stay at a hotel!!” Was I offered ear plugs? – no. She sent security up to the room to check out the noise, he also agreed to the noise and admitted that the hotel needed to learn how to seal the hotel off better, he believed it was more the wind and with the doors not being sealed properly. I asked if we could stay in another room, not on the end of a corridor - not an option. After a sleepless night, we just wanted a good breakfast and to get out of there. This is where we lead into our next issue.
- I was awoken at 6:30am by staff removing our room service from out door, clattering and bagging of the storage room down the hall
- Upon proceeding into the breakfast room, a man stopped us before we were seated, he was quite bluntly treating us like a number, not a customer, demanding “which room” we said 1630, he looked away frantically talking to someone else, he turned back “what room” 1630 we said again, and no joke once again he looked away and came back to us a third time “which room” 1630 after the fourth time, we were rushed to a table, no apology for having to ask four times, just simply plonked us at a table. Are we a number or a customer?
- All staff seemed flustered and barging their way through the dining room like the customers were invisible, several times I got banged into and/or managed to agilely manoeuvre around them
- We waited 20 minutes for 2 poached eggs, upon them arriving at the table, they were rock hard!!
- At check out, we were not asked how our stay was, like at most hotels - I’m sure the staff are too scared to ask because they know the responses the will receive

We will now, no longer promote this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ashley T,

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies as it is clear we failed to deliver on this occasion.

As I mentioned to you in my email to you I am reviewing all of the points you have raised with the team and will respond to you directly in more detail once we have had a chance to discuss this internally.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I needed accommodation for a 4 night business stay and found a great deal online for this hotel. Moral of the story: you get what you pay for.

Upon arrival I was quite rudely advised that it was too early to check-in and that I should come back in an hour. No welcome, no smile, nothing. I went to the beach, came back and checked--in.

The hotel has recently been 'refurbished', but this does not mean new bathrooms, a decent carpark or quality furnishings. Let me explain:

The bathroom in my room was dated and had not been subjected to a deep clean for some time. The shower was particularly uninviting with calcium buildup on the taps and showerhead. Overall, it was dark and gloomy.

The carpark is a disgrace - sharp corners, decaying concrete walls and limited signage. Furthermore, the elevator from the carpark to the lobby was filthy throughout my 4 night stay. The same piece of gum on the carpet greeted me each and every time I used the elevator.

The hotel room itself was poor. There was a large balcony with ocean views but no outdoor furniture, so it was impossible to sit outside - crazy. The work desk has no desk lamp and no overhead light, so working was impossible after dark. The ironing board was so flimsy and dirty that the one business shirt I attempted to iron on it was ruined. The pillows were thin, cheap and flimsy - not at all appropriate for a hotel that presents itself as high class. The sliding doors on the main cupboard came off the rails each time they were opened and closed. The light for the bathroom was located around the corner from the bathroom and was ridiculously inconvenient. The air-conditioning unit was noisy and in need of servicing and one of the curtains was falling off its hooks. My minibar was also never restocked after the first night.

Last but by no means least, the sound of slamming doors was constant throughout my stay. Mostly it was the hotel's own employees coming and going from the storage room adjacent to my room. Apparently staff don't think it might be annoying for guests to hear the door slam loudly 2-3 times in less than a minute as they come and go all day.

I was very glad to check-out of this hotel - it does not deserve its star rating and I certainly won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was wary upon reading reviews on tripadvisor in regards to this hotel,but we had the most amazing time at the Rendezvous!
Our check in was easy and very fast and the lady at reception was absolutely lovely! (i think her name was justyna or something similar but she was great!)
Our room was nice, with a balcony and a view which we loved!

Overall a great stay and would happily stay here again!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a sea view and a balcony, really made our trip special
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anna J
Justin P, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Anna J,

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one.

Again, it is wonderful to hear that the refurbishment of the entire Hotel has been noticed and appreciated by our valued guests. We hope that you return to experience the same high standard of service.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback, I shall make sure our staff hear all of your kind words.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed here a few times over the last couple of years and always found it very good. This time it had a new lobby and bar which was great. Rooms are clean and comfortable, polite staff and in a great spot on the beach. Check out was a little slow but didn't really bother me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DJR1975

Dear DJR1975,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback.

I am delighted to hear that there is a consistency of good service in your experiences with us. I am also happy to hear that the new refurbishments are to your liking and improved your stay.

I shall make sure that our staff have your kind compliments passed on to them and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
Fraser Suites Perth
#13 of 66 in Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!