We stayed 2 nights in mid June 2013 aware that there were 'renovations that wouldn't affect our stay'. We had booked an ocean view room that implied there was a direct view of the ocean complete with photos of such. The deal was a better room for a reduced price as it was for 2 nights and for a reopening special. The first room we were given was above a busy highway on a high floor (very noisy) with a side tiny partial view of the ocean. We had to deal with two people at the desk before the duty manager came to the room to sort it out. After being adamantly told there were NO rooms available unless we paid another 150 for the 2 nights, suddenly a room miraculously appeared free. This time on the opposite side of the hotel and with better ocean views though not the full ones of the photos. We took this room in desperation as all this followed a long flight and a long drive through heavy traffic in an unfamiliar city. I asked about the photos and was told they were for promotional purposes and were never accurate! Be warned! Unfortunately the wifi didn't work properly, and nor did the TV provide the stations we wanted. As far as other aspects are concerned, the hotel is being refurbished but be aware the front and some of the interior is an absolute disaster area. We were told it was running behind time and it would be the end of the year before it was finished. The breakfasts are varied but standard hotel buffet fare. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was surprisingly good.
We wouldn't go for a hotel offering special deals because of renovations or as opening specials again. On the bright side the parking, when we eventually found it, was directly under the hotel with a lift straight up to the lobby, the concierge was very helpful with maps etc, and the beach is a few minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough is the essential beachside destination overlooking the sparkling blue Indian Ocean and beautiful Scarborough Beach with fully renovated guest rooms and suites. Only 30 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Perth's central business district, you have the beach at your doorstep and easy access to the area's main attractions. Enjoy one of the 336 luxuriously renovated rooms and suites featuring smart design and modern technology. Our first-rate facilities include wining and dining options in the hotel's restaurant and bar, plus quality leisure facilities including a lagoon-style pool, fully equipped gymnasium and Vanilla face+body spa. If you are planning an event, Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough provides tailor-made packages for up to 680 guests in facilities including 26 event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Observation City Scarborough
- Hotel Rendezvous Observation City