We stayed 8 nights in June after finding the hotel online. When researching the hotel website they mentioned works taking place to be completed in May. On arrival on the 1 June, works were still underway with no end insight in the near future. The main entry was fenced off and we were directed to the basement car park by the attendant. After arriving on the reception level we eventually found our way to reception. ( no signage from the basement and areas partitioned off due to works). Our reception experience wasn't great. We waited for the lift as there was only one of three working at the time.
We had a room on the 12 th floor. It had not been refurbished. It was clean and painted. Bathroom was a bit sad. We had a balcony with ocean views but the glass door was filthy. My wife cleaned a portion so we could look out. No furniture on the balcony. The room was spacious and could have done with a sofa and lacked a bit of decoration. The mini bar wash't stocked properly.Our room was cleaned daily (apart from the balcony glass)
We understand and accept the works going on. They were not a great inconvenience but could be managed better with signage and better partitioning. Perhaps more info on the hotel website to update the status of the works would be helpful.
In my view the hotel generally lacked attention to detail. The works were of no great concern but just the littles things needed attention. Staff were dressed in a corporate uniform some wore collar and tie with top buttons undone and ties lose and unshaven. The pool area is showing its age with rotten timber garden edges and shade area. Other areas including the toilets in lobby area are clean but in need of update with holes in the tiles and walls of the men's toilets. All glass areas needed a clean to appreciate the views. Paintwork and repairs in places was hit and miss.
Gym and equipment were great.
Overall the place was clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food and bar were great and refurbished. We are not extensive travellers but from my limited experience our experience was disappointing.
I don't know if the current works will address the other areas of the hotel that need attention/maintenance. If and when they are completed it will be a nice venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough is the essential beachside destination overlooking the sparkling blue Indian Ocean and beautiful Scarborough Beach with fully renovated guest rooms and suites. Only 30 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Perth's central business district, you have the beach at your doorstep and easy access to the area's main attractions. Enjoy one of the 336 luxuriously renovated rooms and suites featuring smart design and modern technology. Our first-rate facilities include wining and dining options in the hotel's restaurant and bar, plus quality leisure facilities including a lagoon-style pool, fully equipped gymnasium and Vanilla face+body spa. If you are planning an event, Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough provides tailor-made packages for up to 680 guests in facilities including 26 event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Observation City Scarborough
- Hotel Rendezvous Observation City