It was with a little trepidation that we booked a night in a club room at the Rendezvous, for our Wedding Anniversary. Some of the previous reviews had not been complimentary. On arrival, the renovation works were slightly worrying, but having effortlessly checked-in and entered our room, we were not concerned. The rooms have been completely renovated since our last stay. The large rooms have been tastefully decorated, with a very comfortable bed, comfortable sitting area and plenty of space for bags and other bits and pieces. The bathroom large with a large vanity (loads of room for 2 toiletry bags), a large shower recess - but no bath/spa. The bathroom does have a window that looks into the main room,but there is a blind that can be dropped for privacy - although, due the blind being of a semi-sheer material, putting the bathroom light on a night will disturb any other sleepers in the room. However, it was nice having a shower and being able to view the ocean.
We had canapes and drinks in the Club Lounge, where there was a good selection of finger food and drinks. Breakfast was also served here and there was a small selection of quality items to choose from - from bircher muesli to scrambled eggs, pastries etc. You could eat in the main breakfast area if you wanted a more substantial breakfast.
A couple of negatives - no balcony furniture, strange. No TV guide, therefore you have to flick through 20+ stations, also the foxtel channels available were aimed at men and children, think Fox Sport and Nickelodeon. Air-conditioning control confusing to work out - no instructions provided.
Staff were exemplary.
Now that this hotel has had its long overdue renovation works (some work still ongoing), I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough is the essential beachside destination overlooking the sparkling blue Indian Ocean and beautiful Scarborough Beach with fully renovated guest rooms and suites. Only 30 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Perth's central business district, you have the beach at your doorstep and easy access to the area's main attractions. Enjoy one of the 336 luxuriously renovated rooms and suites featuring smart design and modern technology. Our first-rate facilities include wining and dining options in the hotel's restaurant and bar, plus quality leisure facilities including a lagoon-style pool, fully equipped gymnasium and Vanilla face+body spa. If you are planning an event, Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough provides tailor-made packages for up to 680 guests in facilities including 26 event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Toga Hotels, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Observation City Scarborough
- Hotel Rendezvous Observation City