“Under renovation”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 10, 2012

So I knew it was being renovated, but did not count on that meaning jack hammering on nearby balconies for long periods during the day. This forced us to leave the room on a couple of occasions. The rest of the hotel is ok in parts and yet to be started on renovation at other parts.

Knowing that there was work being done I am not unhappy about that, although I did end up paying quite a high rate considering. My other issue is that the service was patchy. Eg some were nice, but on three days we got served by a surly staff member at breakfast.

Location is good although there are starting to be a few derelict and shut down business premises in the hotel complex and nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (4,067)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Checked in, room key didn't work twice, I was overloaded with bags but there are no bell boys at all so struggled up and down from my room to get it sorted. Somehow front desk made it seem out was my fault; I suppose I shouldn't travel with luggage! Made it in room ok bathroom mouldy.. not much else to say except god luck I'd you stay here

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

disgustingly lacking maintenance. oddly mismatched outdoor furniture tied down to balcony. extremely overpriced. patches on walls, hairs in bathroom. bed was falling apart. barfridge not fully stocked as per checklist which was delivered following morning. stay anywhere but here for the cost. cheaper hotels are better. heaps of street noise even though we were a few floors up.

Room Tip: choose a room somewhere else or get a holiday house for less money
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is very run down and very expensive. I paid $205 AUD per night. Unfortunately, with a Lady Gaga concert in town this was the only hotel with available rooms. If you have another choice definitely do not stay here!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mmcgarry
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed at Rendezvous Scarborough for 3 nights on a business trip to Perth. Chose this hotel as the Perth CBD hotel rates were ridiculously expensive over my dates ($400+ per night). Got a competitive rate at Rendezvous and was pleasantly surprised. Scarborough is a beautiful location and the hotel is large and well appointed. I stayed in a balcony ocean view room which was huge & had an amazing view over Scarborough Beach and the hotel pool area. Whilst my room was lovely, some of the standard rooms are a bit tired however the hotel is now undergoing refurbishment which will bring the standard right up. They are also refurbishing their conference rooms (the meeting space is large with multiple rooms), once completed I believe this hotel will be amazing. The pool area is lovely. Large free form pool with heaps of space and sun loungers. It was very pleasant to sit by the pool one afternoon while working on my laptop - not a bad work environment. I am keen to visit again after the refurb is complete. Would love to spend a couple of days on a leisure trip.

Room Tip: Ocean view balcony rooms are a must. They are huge with an amazing view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My partner and I booked into Rendezvous hotel on Monday 2nd July-Thursday 5th July. We stayed on the 17th floor. The hotel is undergoing renovations however those renovations were as close as right next door and they were using jack hammers and drills-we have a 1 year old so I could not get her to go for a daytime sleep. We paid our account via cash and from the beginning this caused us problems with the staff. I gave my credit card number as security, and filled out the form to 'pay cash'. The receptionist was a trainee and did not take our cash when we arrived. That night they rang our room, we explained what happened and went downstairs in the morning to pay. The receptionist then said she could only take one nights payment off me because my next night 'had not showed up on the system yet'. This created another round of phone calls that were rude to the point of feeling accused of not being able to pay. This happened each night with new staff on. We addressed this with the duty manager who did either not pass it on to the next duty manager, or not pass it on properly to staff either. In our three night stay we spent over $1000 yet they treated us like potential thieves--even though we also tipped staff who were good. The last night was the worst, with the duty manager 'Medi' telling us (at 10pm at night) that if we didnt go down to pay NOW he would call security- even though we were paid up to that night and with extra deposit on the account, and even though we explained what had been happening and that we had spoken to the other duty manager Tamer. The staff were multi racial and unfortunately did not have a good grasp of english- we found ourselves repeating ourselves alot. What a horrible experience--this is the brief version. Additionally the air conditioning in our room didnt work, the front door key didnt work and the carpark key didnt work.The television remote also only worked when you went right up to the ancient television, there is a long skinny hole in the wall next to the bed, the paint is flaking off the bathroom door and there are scuff marks all over the wall. For our 'trouble' they gave us a 'free late checkout' of 1pm on the last day, and the third night was reduced to $245. It wasn't worth this anyway, with how old the rooms are- it is closer to three stars max not 4.5 like it is advertised. Also they gave us a small free fruit platter (the watermelon was off). On the upside, the cleaners were good, and the view is fabulous.

Room Tip: Wait until renovations are over
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristy S
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Great Location, but hotel is dated. Room was ok, but beds were tiny and bathroom was a bit grim - horrible shower curtain and stained towels - yuk.

Buffet breakfast was the best part of the stay, but this hotel is well overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Julie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Scarborough
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#12 of 66 in Perth

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!