“Very Good”

Quest Scarborough
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here over New Year, very modern, very clean and well serviced. Reception staff were very friendly and helpfull. Excellent location for the beach and amenities. Would definately recommend to others.Good base for touring around Perth and neighbouring areas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed in one bedroom executive apartment. Small kitchen but had everything I needed. Large bedroom and large living area made the stay comfortable. Nice decor and good service too. Only a minutes walk from arguably the best beach in Perth and a stroll down the road for bars, restaturants and a supermarket. About 15-20min drive from Perth CBD.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at very short notice for 14 nights from 21 Dec to 4th January. As we had to change plans very urgently we also phoned directly to the apartments and spoke to Tasha who was just fantasctic and most helpful. She arranged for a 2 bedroom apartment that walked straight out onto the pool area. On arrival we were so thrilled with the room - plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The apartment was spotless and had everything we required in the kitchen.
The pool area is amazing with the bbq and deckchairs as well as sun shades. Scarborough Beach can get a bit windy but the pool area is so sheltered it was just perfect.

The front office staff could not be faulted - every single staff member went out of their way to help us with suggestions and tips on where to go and how to get there since we had never been to Perth before. The compex is close to the Coles supermarket and cafes and restaurants. After 2 weeks we did not want to leave and can't wait to go back next Christmas.

Room Tip: If you love using the pool or sitting in the sun - ask for a room that heads straight onto the pool...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scarborough, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels all over Australia with work for many years I have a certain level of expectation as to the standard I expect and was very pleasantly surprised with the Quest at Scarborough.

I decided to stay for 9 nights over the Christmas period which was busy and expensive so instead of booking online, I rang the hotel reception directly. There I spoke with a a couple of very professional receptionists who went out of their way to get me the best price for the days I was staying and then find me a room that met my needs. They explained which rooms had the best views vs price etc. I settled on a studio room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool.

Checkin was a breeze and the room's decor is fairly plane but new and very clean and functional, I personally wouldn't want any thing more. There was a kitchenette and a large digital TV, and the balcony was clean and nice to use to sit outside. One important thing I immediately noticed on my first night was the complete lack of the sound of water running through pipes after people in other rooms used the bathroom. This is common even in 5 star hotels but not hear, in fact the room was one of the quietest I've stayed in anywhere. The only sound I heard was some of the locals over christmas riding trail bikes but normal traffic was inaudible.

The cleaning staff were superb. They kept the room clean and with fresh towels and made bed etc. They even washed my dishes and put fruit in the fruit bowl on Xmas eve which was a lovely touch. I always took the opportunity to speak with them and found them to be very friendly and professional. The reception staff too which is staffed until 11pm always said hello to me and often we would talk about the local area and they'd help me with restaurants and places of interest, they were just fantastic.

Parking is available underneath at $15 per day if needed. This is actually a good deal considering the lack of undercover parking if you have a really nice car. I had a rental so I parked for free in the beach carpark just a few metres down the road opposite the Wild Fig cafe which opens at 6am for coffee which I would recommend if you love your early morning latte.

Overall the Quest at Scarborough was a wonderful place to stay - expensive? well yes compared to say a Quest in Melbourne during winter, but this is on Scarborough Beach and during Xmas so the price was quite acceptable for the location and time of year. The hotel management must be good because the quality of staff usually reflect the management and all the staff were very polite, friendly and professional. I'd highly recommend staying here but if staying longer than a night or two, I'd recommend booking directly via the phone so that you can discuss your needs directly with the reception staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the beach are more expensive but they also face onto the main road, rooms facin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We only had one night here as we were in the city for a work function. Great room, good size for a studio. Nice aspect over the pool NO NOISE, must have double glazing. Very courteous front desk staff, we left to go to breakfast next day and no issue about leaving our car till we were ready to go home even though check out time had passed. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Room Tip: All good, but maybe ask for a west facing room if you don't want to open you curtains to see a b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
brisbane
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great location . Just around the corner is a casual dining restaurant average prices pretty good.
Next door is the franchise Grilled Restaurant
Great burgers and amazing fries with that herb seasoning with dips , I recommend the Dill one.

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at Quest Scarborough and found the Reception to be one of the best ever...the girls always had a smile and something to say to greet you when you were leaving or arriving back...The Wild Fig just down the road from the Quest is a lovely place to have a meal anytime of the day and the Staff there are also very friendly...in fact it was where we had dinner for the 5 nights of our stay...The Quest rooms were very clean and comfortable ours overlooked the Ocean which was lovely...the only downturn was that there was no 'oven' only a Micro/Convection which there were no real instructions on..there was a hotplate though and the only frying pan to use was very old and had rust on it....apart from this we would stay there again...

Room Tip: Room overloking the Ocean is a bonus..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
West Perth
Quest West Perth
Quest West Perth
#3 of 64 in Perth

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!