“Clean, comfortable and friendly staff”
Review of Quest Scarborough

Quest Scarborough
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is very new as compared to Scarborbough Rendevous and it is very near the beach. I am currently still in the hotel as I am writing this and so this is autumn and the weather is cold and windy, so not too good for the beach. IN the morning, if you wan to go for a run at about 6am, it is very nice there, although you could get blown away as it is so windy!

My balcony is on the corner of brighton road andit kind of faces the West Coast Hwy, but no problems with any noise... had peaceful sleep...

The room has a coffee machine as I am staying in an executive studio apartment but the coffee for the coffee machine is only supplied free of chatge for one day, after that you just have to pay $2.00 for a packet. There are 2 sachets of hot chocolate given on the first day as well and that was it But these are minor details to me..

The room is very clean and my executive room was serviced daily although I think there are some apartments which are only serviced at certain days of the weeks, not sure.. but as I am here for work, perhaps my secretary arranged this for me.

The studio has a small sink in the main living area where the small fridge is.. the fridge, although it is small, it is still substantial to contain items like a 2 litre bottle of milk and food etc... i prepared all my salads for work in my room. There is toaster and kettle joined in one appliance and only the executive room has the coffee machine,

The bathroom is clean and it is big enough.. bed was comfortable but the pillows were a tad too soft for my liking.. if you need to sleep a little high, you will just have to put 2 pillows together.

There is a safe in the room. SO if you want to go for a swim in the hotel's pool (no shade) then you can use your room safe. the pool is heated, some apartments on the 1st floor has it's won private access to the pool.

There is no restaurant in this hotel but just walk about 100m and there is the restaurant WILD FIG and they are opened for breakfast at 6.30am, and when I was there, I have to start driving each morning by 7am and they were really good to rush my breakfast thru. I didnt charge back to the hotel though.

All in all, I would stay here again. if this was summer, it would have been great for a morning run.... but as it is winter, it is very very dark at 5am in the morning... and probably not too safe for a single girl.. there is no gym in this hotel.

Overall, it is a good , new hotel and has friendly staff. One night this staff saw that I have my hands full as I was carrying a lrage box. she offered to help me with the box.. but I said I was ok carrying the box myself so she said she would follow me and help me woith the lift and even went up to the room with me so that I could get in easily.

You cant beat this sort of Tues 08/05/12.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Madabtcars
There are newer reviews for Quest Scarborough

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed in one of the hotel rooms for 2 weeks during April 2012.

The hotel/service apartment is located next to the beach in Scarborough, roughly 10-15 minutes away from Perth CBD by car. I was working nearby and it was a good choice for me. Staff members were friendly and helpful during my stay. They pointed me to nearby restaurants, supermarkets and places to visit.

It doesn't have a restaurant but offer charge backs to a handful of nearby restaurants, some of which do deliveries which was convenient for me after a tiring day at work. I had no trouble with traffic noise even though the balcony faces the main street.

I enjoyed my stay here thanks for the staff at Quest Scarborough.

Room Tip: Choose the bigger service apartments if you have a family with you. Otherwise the smaller rooms will...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We booked into the Quest after our honeymoon booking elsewhere was cancelled on us 7 weeks before hand.

The staff were very friendly over the phone and even better on arrival.

The hotel is a great base for those on extended stays. The secure parking is plentiful and very easy, with great access to the elevator and lobby and only $10 a day. Have paid much more for worse.

I was surprised to find out that the apartments are not serviced on public holidays or Sundays, and being the easter long weekend, we only had one day where the room could be cleaned. However the staff were very accommodating and were on hand to provide clean linen and milk when we called.

We stayed in an executive apartment on the second floor. The apartments ar huge and clean. They have good kitchen facilities including a dishwasher and a handy laundry. The views are nice but limited. The hotel is whisper quite (between rooms that is) and the aircon is really good.

The bed was comfy, except that Quest has stuck to their strange plan of using king single beds pushed together. I checked with reception just incase another room didn't have this, but was informed they all do.

The location is very close to Brighton Beach and a great new cafe, The Wild Fig only 100 metres away.

My only problem is the location of the hotel in relation to the highway. It is SO loud being near the intersection of West Coast Hwy and Brighton Road that you cant leave the sliding balcony doors open for the sea breeze.

We would definitely consider using the Quest for future stays, but probably ask for a room on the northern side away from the road, however this would have no view!

The value rating is down as we stayed on public holidays and paid top rate. However it is not always this high.

Room Tip: If not concerned with a view, ask for a room in the North Tower away from Brighton Road intersection...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan R
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four weeks. Lovely to have a kitchen that is well equipped. Just three minutes walk to the beach. Lively with lots of people enjoying a swim, fishing, having a picnic with a loved one, family and friends. Or simply catch the sun, relax, chill out and soak in the vast sandy white beach all around.

Kitchen utensils were basic. My ‘picky’ point would be that housekeeping was only available once a week. But there is also a washing machine and tumble dryer where we can use and this we could wash our towels ourselves (ie. if you can't wait for a week). This was a corporate stay so it could be the different rules. Nevertheless, housekeeping were very obliging if ever we needed something for the room i.e. once we have phoned receptionists to ask for housekeeping. Newspapers are mostly available each day and that’s free.

Overall, a good stay but pricey. We had to stay one extra night and found out the costs!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aster_palms
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel, having enjoyed my first visit back in February. The booking process was once again fast and efficient and I was provided with exactly what I asked for. Staff are friendly and helpful and shops and restaurants are only a short walk away. I found my room to be clean and modern. It was near the pool and this was a good choice as this was a particularly quiet area. The bedroom sliding doors lead to a private courtyard with a small gate allowing me to conveniently slip into the heated pool. The car park is fully secured with easy access from the lifts. I would gladly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank vincent010
Reviewed October 7, 2011

A month ago I made a booking with the Quest Scarborough for a one bedroom executive apartment for 4 nights. The Quest required full prepayment, and no cancellation of the booking as they said it was a busy period for them. This was done.

Then 2 days ago I have a call from them telling me they would have to cancel my booking and locate me elsewhere in Scarborough as they hadn't accommodation for me for the 4 nights I had booked. Some regular guest required my room!!!! I was completely in shock. What sort of establishment does this, especially when their booking terms were - "Please note that no changes are allowed to any reservations made with this package as the rates are non-refundable and non-transferrable."

What would happen if I needed to cancel the accommodation, would they have bent their rules for me also?

Do not book with this establishment, you cannot be sure that a booking is a true booking, even when you pre-pay.

They did find alternate accommodation in Scarborough for me, but that is not the point. I specifically wanted to stay at the Quest Scarborough, and will now not stay there, and would definitely not book them again, for fear that the same thing may happen.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank freddiefrog
QuestScarborough, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

We value any feedback from all of our customers. This client was fully compensated for their stay and relocated to an alternative local accommodation provider nearby to Quest Scarborough.

Quest Scarborough provided the client with advance notice and ensured that the client was not out of pocket in any way. As an act of good faith we paid an additional charge for the client to be upgraded as further compensation for any inconvenience.

Quest Scarborough did everything we could to look after this client and we thank you for your consideration.

Tasha Platt
Franchise Manager
Quest Scarborough

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here for just over 2 months from April to June after finding our booked holiday let down in Belmont was absolutely disgusting.
We had a 1 bed apartment No 32 (sea and pool view :-) ) the room was fantastic and spotless, cleaned once a week which suited us as we were there for a while and didn't need it cleaned everyday. Everything you would expect it the room, Digital TV x2 own outside phone line with our own number, so family from Scotland could contact us directly without going through reception.
Location is pretty much right on the beach, just a short walk down to the sea. Which meant we didn't use the pool much. Shops and restaurants also very close.
The staff were all very nice and helpful, even when an ash cloud prevented us from flying to Melbourne they managed to extend our stay a few more days, and even helped us pick our accommodation in Melbourne, another Quest apartment.

The only down side I would say was that the cooking facilities could have been a bit better. There was only an electric 2 hob unit and a microwave come oven type thing.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend to anyone looking for something special.

Room Tip: Room 32 1 bed apartment with sea views
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Xb12ss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Indian Ocean Hotel
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#12 of 66 in Perth

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!