Tripadvisor
Scarborough
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best restaurant in Scarborough beach”
Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Scarborough
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant is Italian food served with flair and very tasty. Extensive cocktail and wine list. Good views over the bay and proper tables and chairs with table clothes etc. highly recommended

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (323)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

nothing better than eating a delicious pasta with the incredible ocean view. Totally perfect I recommended

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to dinner last week with 2 international visitors, 2 eastern states visitors and us. I am glad it wasn't my suggestion to go here. It was my first visit and my last. We had 4 pasta dishes, one veal and one barramundi. The veal was good, the barra standard. All of the pasta dishes were tasteless. The vegetarian option looked like boiled pasta with a few tiny pieces of something green in it, mine was supposed to be porchini mushrooms which are quite strongly flavoured. There were a few specs of something brown in it and that was it. All I could taste was plain pasta and it was greasy. I'll never return and I have already told several others about our experience, so they are unlikely to go either. I'd give it no stars if that was an option, it was so bad.

2  Thank topflighte
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The worst Italian food we have ever been served. Only one of the four pasta dishes ordered was edible. Honestly, we were in disbelief. The location is fantastic, the wait staff were great and then you get served this terrible tasting food.
Shame, real shame!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Not a good experience! 2 days in a row we tried to use this restaurant but we were ignored by the person at the reception.

They have sign that says wait here to be seated - we tried that and the woman at the counter didn't even acknowledge us - she carried on as if we didn't exist.

We tried twice because we like to give everyone a second chance but no luck.

I do not reward poor service and will not recommend this place.