“Helpful Staff, Beautiful Location”

Happs Winery and Cellar Door
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Quindalup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Happs Wines - an exceptional Margaret River wine company Established in 1978, the Happs brand was amongst the first to put the Margaret River Region on the map. Erl Happ backed his judgement in pioneering the cool climate of Karridale, in the south of the region. Not only was the Three Hills Vineyard planted out with the standard varieties, already popular in Australia and for which the Margaret River region has become world famous, but also to new varieties little known to most wine drinkers. Between the two Happs vineyards located in the northern and southern extremes of the region, we grow 30 grape varieties and produce a comprehensive portfolio of wines. The vineyard's distinct ripening seasons provide us with a fruit resource to craft sweet and dry wines of the highest quality. Visit our Cellar Door and Pottery Gallery to experience our warm welcome, taste from amongst the many different wine styles and flavours, enjoy a peaceful moment in the grounds or browse in the pottery gallery with its array of arts and crafts.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Helpful Staff, Beautiful Location”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Happs Winery was beautiful!
I wasn't actually planning on buying any wine all day but once I'd been there and the staff were SOO friendly, generous and helpful I bought a bottle to give them business.
They asked what style you like and then thought of 4 or 5 wines you may enjoy and gave you generous amounts of each after listening carefully to your thoughts. Although there were about 15 of us all tasting I still felt that I was looked after and individually. There was also a small art gallery in this winery which was a nice touch.
I definitely recommend visiting this winery as myself and friends had a lovely time.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Englishranga

• Indonesian first
iluka
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Beautiful spot”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My gf and I visited here and the wines are so really lovely with an incredibly vast range. I myself am a late harvest (sweeter) drinker so generally wine tasting is not so fun for me as most wineries hold wines that are not suited to my palate, but Happs has a few that tick all the boxes, they are so delightful you cannot help but walk away with a box. My gf was also in for a treat with the wines for her, a sav drinker and her and my husband a cab merlot drinker. The grounds are lovely and the art gallery attached makes it a memorable walk around..

Visited June 2012
1 Thank wandererplus4
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“We keep going back”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

You'll find this more easily identified as HAPPS/THREE HILLS Winery. Apart from the fact that Happs vineyards do a couple of very good preservative-free wines, which was the initial reason to visit many years ago, they also offer free tastings of their excellent range of wines, several of them award-winning. Hard to come away without at least a half-dozen (with 1 free) bottles.

Their in-house pottery is also top notch, warranting a decent browse, especially if you favour earthenware and rich glazes. Had I the cash and the room to keep them I'd love a dinner set ! Renovations are presently closing the regular setting for this, but there is a gallery at the other side where a few other offerings complement the pottery. The gardens and setting generally are lovely and worth a stroll. Friendly people too.

Visited June 2012
Albany, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

After doing a few tastings at this lovely little winery, and buying many to take away with us, we were offered a "post to your house" offer! We did this some time later for Mother's Day. And as it was at the tasting, our parcel was just as nice. Thanks for a great service.

Visited March 2012
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“We went for the pottery”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stopped by to look at Happs Pottery. You can't just look, it's all so lovely you just have to buy something.

Visited April 2012