“Disappointing”

Primo Cucina
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in North Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Dined at Primo Cucina Thursday 9 Jan. Asked if we could arrive at 6.15pm not at our requested time of 6.30pm. Not many patrons dined and restaurant had many empty tables.
Our food experience was very disappointing. On arrival I asked if the chef was Italian only to be told no but there was a french chef in the kitchen. This may be the reason that our order of plain pizza bread with salt and olive oil was like a chewy pancake smeared with oil and no flavour of salt- disgusting.
The choice of the main meals, a fish curry which was a specialty dish of the night was tasteless and the only part of the dish eaten was the skewered prawns served as part of the dish. The seafood marinara pasta was presented as a mush and below par compared to other Perth restaurants. The slow cooked lamb and vegetables, beautifully presented, was barely warm. The lamb was tasteless and difficult to cut. When asked the waitress for a steak knife she presented it to me but left me holding my other knife. I asked her if she could take the knife as there was nowhere to place it( bread plates collected prior to main course, with pizza remaining on plate). The vegetable, I will call a garnish as there was so little of it. The mouthful of broccoli I had was gritty perhaps not washed. The cauliflower gratin was tasteless.
The waitress asked how our meals were and we offered our constructive criticism. She returned and said the chef would like to discuss this with us and we agreed.
The desert menu- only one of us decided to try the rhubarb and apple crumble. The opinion on that was that he had tried better lean cuisine deserts.
The coffee , milky couldn't taste the coffee.
The food was expensive for the quality of food that was served.

No sign of the chef for that chat so we paid the bill and left vowing never to return.

As frequent patrons of Attivo it was disappointing to experience probably one of the worst dining experience to date.

If you are reading this review then I suggest that you are not tempted to try this restaurant as any other restaurant will be a better choice. Nothing Italian at all about this restaurant bar it's name.

1  Thank debbie6020

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We attended on Saturday night. We walked in at 6pm without s booking. The restaurant was completely empty and were told,to wait while he asked the manager if they could fit us in.we should have left..... We ordered a starter plate to share, 3 children's mains and 3 adult mains. The starters arrived fairly promptly but we were the only other table. My daughter asked to go to the bathroom were the floor was covered in vomit. I advised the waitstaff but felt he was to busy to clean it. The children's mains and 1 adukt main arrived. We waited an hour for the other meals,and continually asked where they were??? 1 and half hours later my husband food arrived. I was still waiting. I stood up to go and,complain as no one came near our table ti ask were my risotto was. Only to be told to sit down,it was coming straight away. the risotto that eventually arrived was raw sloppy and disgusting. I advised that after waiting two hours this was not acceptable. We advised we wanted,the bill and to leave. The waiter advised he could make me something else. It looked like gnocchi slop. We didn't pay for my husbands meal and paid for what arrived. This place was very under staffed and clearly lacked leadership on the restaurant floor. We regularly ate st Attivo. We will never, ever return here again

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a three-course meal here and it was all good. Yes, there are better but the food here is decent and well priced. The tasting plate was very good. We especially liked the pate with jelly. The salt and pepper squid lacked punch but was acceptable. For mains we had the gamberi pasta and the veal. The former was all right but the latter was excellent. The desserts, tiramisu and apple and rhubarb crumble were tasty. Portions were good and service was attentive.

1  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My visit to this restaurant was a complete disappointment and I urge people that are considering to dine here to avoid it at all costs. While I did enjoy the tasting plate my main pasta dish was bland and sloppy and my chocolate brownie tasteless and dry. In addition to this the manager of this restaurant who we dealt with directly is pretentious and degrading. Such a shame that this restaurant is a shadow of the former Italian restaurant that used to reside in this spot.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

really happy after being recommended by a friend . food, service and presentation is amazing . nice wine options and attentive staff. very very attentive staff. so happy and thank you so much for singing happy birthday song and candles and embarrassing the heck outta my son , haha, it was so funny but so so nice of you guys. will defo come back .