“Best Spot to see Sunset”
Review of Soda Sunlounge - CLOSED

Soda Sunlounge
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food isn't the main reason for coming here, it's the large balcony overlooking the Indian Ocean. The sunset is sensational. I was there last week, and the food was also very good. We shared small plates (zucchini fritters, crab cakes and guacamole, salt and pepper squid, olives, sourdough bread) and a couple of glasses of sparkling wine. It was a very pleasant meal and I will be going again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The spectacular view of the Indian Ocean save this from being ordinary. The service was OK (better than average for Perth really) and the food was OK, but nothing special.
But the view... oh the view...

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went to this restaurant recently with two friends and wanted something light so I ordered a steak sandwich. Considering many restaurants use baked bread,sourdough, focaccia, turkish bread etc; this came out with three pieces of white, sliced bread, supposedly toasted with a skewer through it. The sandwich itself had a piece of quite ordinary steak, a few tomatoes, lettuce and mayo. Very expensive for something I could knock up at home. The service was also slow and when the waitress asked me what I thought, I told her and she just smiled politely and said nothing. So if you want a nice spot by thebeach, try anything else but this over priced, very less than ordinary restaurant.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Soda Sunlounge many times; however on this occasion the food was average and not worth the price. I had the seafood linguini which actually had very little seafood (2 x prawns, 2 x pieces of tiny squid and a few small chunks of fish), not worth the price. However, the service was good and friendly and I like the vibe of the place (relaxed chic)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I met up with an old friend here back in November - a suggestion from one of his family. We were delighted by the standard of the service and quality and presentation of the food. Although the place was very full, we could still hold a conversation. It was a very rainy and windy night and the heaters were appreciated, though having to go outside to get to the Gents was off-putting in that weather. We thought the menu good, with an excellent range of wines by the glass if preferred. The view must be great at sunset - but we could not see anything the night we were there! Well worth a visit.