“Could be worse”

Ocean View Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
“Could be worse”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly and helpful receptionist. We had been upgraded to an ocean-view room on the first floor.

Unfortunately we had to lug two heavy suitcases up a set of of stairs as there is no lift. Looking around we weren't the only ones who struggled with the same problem.

The room was small and basic, but clean and tidy with a lovely view over the ocean.

Over the three nights we stayed there, we came and went at different times of the day. It seems any time after 4pm you struggle to get a parking spot and one night we had trouble parking on the road outside.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Eddie

We are very grateful for your feedback following your recent stay here at the Ocean View Motel. It is refreshing to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay, thank you.

Your point concerning luggage is a well- made point and it is a good opportunity to point out to other readers that the Motel does not have a lift service, we do of course where possible assist guests in taking luggage to rooms located on level 1.

On a lighter note we greatly appreciate your kind note about the welcome offered by the team at reception and cleanliness of the bedrooms.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with any arrangements for you. Once again thank you for taking time to feedback to the Motel.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Cost: stayed two night. When I booked, was told the price would be $125 for first night and $145 for second night (was charged $146 for each night);
Fridge: the fridge decided to stop working on the first night - we had milk and yoghurt in the fridge;
Dripping tap: the tap in the bathroom dripped all the time - very annoying;
Bedside light: initially both lights weren't working at all - discovered (by moving the bed!) that neither light was plugged in. Fixed that problem, however, it appeared that one of the lights has faulty wiring - very dodgy.
Would have advised the manager but the office hadn't opened when we went out for the day at 9am, and was closed when we got back at 4.30pm (office hours were 8.30am-5pm). Thankyou.

Room Tip: Definitely don't choose a 'standard', room, because they are anything but 'standard...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thanks you for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

It is clear that your stay could have been much better. I am sorry to learn that you encountered so many inconveniences during such a short time. Whilst we cannot undo your experience we can assure you of an all- together better experience the next time around. With an improved maintenance presence and an engaged housekeeping team we hope that you will return.

I was concerned to hear that you felt we overcharged you and would be pleased to look into this at any time for you. Please feel free to call me to discuss this in more detail.

If you are considering to stay with us again, I would be very happy to make suitable arrangements for you. Thanks once again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Travelers are raving about these North Beach hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a business trip, it was a great location for me as I was working in offices near by. The room was pleasant enough for the price, comfortable and clean although fairly small. The property is located in quiet streets so there is little to no road noise at night. There is restaurant on-site, however, there are a number of restaurants near by to eat at. A very handy and good value place to stay for a few nights if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ben G
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Ocean View Motel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Upon commencement at the Hotel this January 2013, the team and I have set about on a number of new and very exciting initiatives all aimed at ultimately increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty to our brand and collection of accommodation choices. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on 08 9245 8000 extension 409

Perth
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room I got was down stairs facing the road . First impression was ok . Some pretty dodgey repairs to walls and tiles , but generally clean and tidy . The staff were friendly and the room was quite spacious . The negatives would be the lack of parking and hearing very clearly the weak bladder of the person above me constantly being emptied . Id suggest if you wish to try here - request the top floor , if you want coffee in the morning - bring your own and watch the black cat - it malts alot of fur if it jumps on your bed . Id stay again

Room Tip: Upstairs , upstairs , upstairs !!!!! Unless you enjoy the sound of someone peeing above your head
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 73RegularTraveller
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your feedback following your visit to the Ocean View Motel.

The local team and I are pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay at the Motel. We are very curious to know more about the black cat, certainly not been spotted by ourselves!

It is fair to say that the Motel offers good value for money and with its proximity to a host of beach’ and numerous dining options the location is quite favourable. 1st level bedrooms always offer a better aspect in my option as well, overall room insulation tends to be quite good so not sure how to reply in regards to your reasons for choosing a 1st floor room!

We hope to see you soon and if I can be of any further assistance at all please do let me know.

Killcare, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is an immaculate very well appointed and very comfortable motel near the beach north of Perth, near Hilary's Harbour from where you can catch ferry to Rottness Island and also close to nearby restaurants. We chose ocean view room which was worth the extra and enabled us to eat on out private balcony. Check prices if booking on line as they vary from night to night.

Room Tip: If staying more than one night, I suggest you pay a little extra for a room with a view and facing n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toonfultraveller

Gold Coast
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed two night in March and enjoyed. Room nice, not large, a small kitchette area with microwave, sink, toaster and kettle. A small table and chairs to sit. A good flat screen TV with a good selection of free to air programs.
Parking was a bit tight and filled up quickly (hotel was full) and required some cars to park on a grass area at the front of the motel. The second night the hotel was full and was quite noisy with banging doors and loud talking. An adjoining room having a shower at 2:45am could be heard quite clearly too! That being said we would stay here again as these incidents would not happen every stay!
The hotel is a short walk to the beach where we could watch the sunset! Magic!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBorts
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

Delighted to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and that you would be happy to return.

Please do contact me for your next stay, I would be delighted to assist with your reservation requirements.

kalgoorlie
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was clean, the staff were awsome, it is adjacent to a magnificent area, the views to die for, for the location the price is outstanding. I am a very fussy person, and this little hotel ticked all the boxes which is what one wants if you need to relax. Definately will always stay there when I have to go to Perth they are worth it.
Sandra from Kalgoorlie

Room Tip: Upper floors I think would be quietere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Joondalup City Hotel
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!