“Close to beach!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
Gold Coast
“Close to beach!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed two night in March and enjoyed. Room nice, not large, a small kitchette area with microwave, sink, toaster and kettle. A small table and chairs to sit. A good flat screen TV with a good selection of free to air programs.
Parking was a bit tight and filled up quickly (hotel was full) and required some cars to park on a grass area at the front of the motel. The second night the hotel was full and was quite noisy with banging doors and loud talking. An adjoining room having a shower at 2:45am could be heard quite clearly too! That being said we would stay here again as these incidents would not happen every stay!
The hotel is a short walk to the beach where we could watch the sunset! Magic!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBorts
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

Delighted to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and that you would be happy to return.

Please do contact me for your next stay, I would be delighted to assist with your reservation requirements.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
kalgoorlie
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was clean, the staff were awsome, it is adjacent to a magnificent area, the views to die for, for the location the price is outstanding. I am a very fussy person, and this little hotel ticked all the boxes which is what one wants if you need to relax. Definately will always stay there when I have to go to Perth they are worth it.
Sandra from Kalgoorlie

Room Tip: Upper floors I think would be quietere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Ocean View Motel following your stay. Whilst I do not propose to offer a reply to your comments some months after you published them, I do wish to express our gratitude for your feedback.

Upon commencement at the Hotel this January 2013, the team and I have set about on a number of new and very exciting initiatives all aimed at ultimately increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty to our brand and collection of accommodation choices. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again, and I am delighted to act as your point of contact for any future stay.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, should you wish to discuss any aspect of our reply please call me on 08 9245 8000 extension 409

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for a week end in May. Suited us perfectly, quiet and convenient. The room was Ok but did smell very musty and smoky when we first arrived. The lady at the reception sprayed the room with air freshener which did not help for long. I bought an candle with air freshener which seemed to do the trick.
I think that people sit outside the door smoking and the fumes blow into the room.
All in all a pleasant stay at a reasonable price compared to other options in Perth, need transport to get around.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and Stayed at the ocean view motel for 5 nights , upon arrival ( after a 4 hour flight from Melbourne) we greeted by TERRIBLE staff whom said the room would not be ready for 2 hours due to cleaning services.. Which is fair enough! However we were made to wait out on the street in 38 degree weather with all our luggage for 2 hours. I asked if we could use a toilet atleast and the response was " there's a deli around the corner use that!" by this point I was fuming there was no other accommodation in the area so we had to stick it out. Finally we got our room, and were told we had to pay the full weeks worth of accommodation upfront NOW. so we did.Getting into the room, the floor was filthy. Someones shoes were still in the wardrobe, the cups were dirty the bathroom floor was like a puddle from the leaking toilet! It was absolutely disgusting most defiantly the worst place I have ever stayed! I went back to reception and demanded a refund the next day , she said " I'm not giving you a refund you'll just have to deal with it!" so for the during of the stay we had our linen changed once and had to wash our dishes in a bucket or else we would incur a $30 cleaning fee EVERYDAY for a place that is not even clean! If your in the area I highly recommend staying at the seashells in Scarborough its a higher price but we worth it:)

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Karziebarzie
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

Whilst I was not looking after the Motel when you stayed with us, I can offer my personal assurance to you that we have improved since your stay. Much effort has been injected into having the right people in the right jobs and also into standards across all departments. We are pleased to also let you know we gained the official 3 star accreditation in late 2012 and again in 2013 which is testament to the great efforts put in by the team.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you again and I would be delighted to look after bookings for you and welcome you back.

Travelers are raving about these North Beach hotels

Tasmania
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights during business trip. I should have checked Tripadviser first. Firstly the 'oceanview' is fast dissapearing as a place is built in front. The glass sliding door to the balcony was filthy. Inside it looked ok a first glance but the fridge freezer was iced up, the water in the fridge tasted disgusting and the two little containers of milk were not replaced on my second day. There were bugs crawling across the floor. Bathroom was clean but some of the fittings were chipped and glued back together. My aircondition worked (it was in the high 30's outside) but when checking in one other guest was complaining of her aircon not working and the response was "the maintenance person was not available".

On the upsided, the bed was comfortable and the tv worked.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking to time to write this review following your stay at the Ocean View Motel.

We can offer our personal assurance to you that we have improved since your stay. Please accept my apologies should your stay not have gone as well as we would have hoped.

We have invested in fresh painting across all bedrooms, a soft furnishing update, various maintenance initiatives and of course an engaged team since your last visit so I hope that you might consider staying at some stage in the future.

We would welcome the opportunity to look after you again, if you should happen to stay please do contact me, it would be lovely to meet you in person and look after your requirements.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in Ocean view motel after we had driven along West Australia. Hotel is ideal for relaxing. Nice sandy beach is just few metres away, sea is safe for swimming and you can see dolphins and sting rays... There is also walkway along the beach with many lookouts where you can watch sea animals, birds and sunsets.
Internet is comparing to other hotels in Australia extremely cheap – 15 AUD/week.
Hotel is a little bit remote from Perth but public transport is easy accessible.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VladoN

Scone, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The Ocean View Motel is an unpretentious, comfortable, economical motel that is in a fantastic location.

One hundred meters down the road is the West Coast Highway with the gorgeous Sunset Coast. The beaches are small and surrounded by rocks but great for a quick dip or foot paddle to explore. A paved track runs along side the coastal strip between Hillary's and Fremantle for those wishing to venture out by foot or bicycle.

The motel has a choice of rooms to suit the smaller family, couples and those wanting a view or spa bath to relax. We have stayed here several times over the last few years. The rates are reasonable and the location suits our needs. It is our first choice for accommodation whenever we are in Perth. We last stayed here in October, 2011. The rooms look like they have had a renovation since the previous time we were there.

Ocean View Motel is close to beaches, Hillarys Boat Harbour (and thus the ferry to Rottnest Island), major shopping centres (by car) at Karrinyup or Whitfords and a reasonable distance from the city centre (approx 20-30 min).

There is also the option to self cater should you choose a room type with a kitchenette. The kitchen facilities are basic - hence the term kitchenette. Don't expect to be able to cook a roast dinner. If your not inclined to do this or feel like a night out, there is several restaurants within 300m to choose from (head up the hill and turn right). There is a very reasonable Italian restaurant that does takeaway or the highly awarded Clarke's if you feel like something a little more upmarket (make a booking). A short distance down the highway is the Wild Fig Cafe - a fab, scenic place for coffee, breakfast or lunch.

There was some contruction going on next door whilst we were there but this didn't bother us because we were out and about most days. Parking was easy - the choices are the quadrangle outside the rooms, the footpath or there is also a couple of parking spots alongside the motel down a lane way.

This is not a flash motel - the rooms are simple, clean with basic facilities. It is the price of the rooms and the location makes it a place we keep coming back to.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Quality Resort Sorrento Beach
Hillarys Harbour Resort
Hillarys Harbour Resort
#1 of 1 in Hillarys

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!