“Great meal”

Clarke's of North Beach
Reserve with
Clarke's of North Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in North Beach
Cuisines: International, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Clarke's of North Beach has been providing a fine dining experience for our discerning clientele for 14 years. Since 2003 multi-award-winning, 6 time Chef of the Year Stephen Clarke, leading a small team of up and coming apprentices and chefs, has sourced the freshest seasonal produce and created dishes of exquisite detail and flavour. With an artists eye and natural flair for colour, impeccable French technique and a focus on presentation, it all announces, unmistakably, that Stephen Clarke is the reason our customers keep returning in droves. Front of House manager Phillip Wynn maintains an attentive watch over the dining room with his team of waiters as well as offering a range of local and international wines as well as wine pairing with the food. Book Online now, Email or call our friendly staff to discuss a reservation.
Perth
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good food - great service - what more can you ask for? A liquor licence? Only thing missing - couldn't 't have a Cointreau with my coffee - which would have been the perfect end to a perfect meal!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BethDid

perth
“High Expectaions.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Went on Friday night to try the degustation menu as it had been highly recommended to us by several people.
4 of us in the group, all of us great food fans and and very much looking forward to the meal.
Ok, so the restaurant itself is lovely, very understated and we were pleased that it was BYO as we were able to bring along a few lovely bottles of wine without the usual huge restaurant mark-up.
The service was excellent from the start & was maintained throughout.
I was a bit surprised to learn that the degustation menu didnt include all of the courses, but we wanted the full experience so elected to pay for the extra courses which bumped the price up significantly.
The 1st course was seared tuna and I'm disappointed to say it was not good.
I often make sashimi with fresh tuna at home when my husband catches it so I'm familiar with the quality & freshnes required to serve fresh or seared tuna and neither was there unfortunately.
Just a small piece but I would not have eaten any more of it were there more, had that been part of the regular meal and a larger serve I'd have sent it back. Everyone at the tabled agreed.
Next course a salmon and scallop dish and sadly the salmon was extremely salty, the scallop nice.
Next the pork belly and finally something that met the expectation. Really lovely.
Next the crab which was nice although not spectacular (& I am a big fan of crab normally).
Then another success with the duck, the duck is one of the extra courses we paid for and I'm glad we did it was really good.
And then the most outstanding course the beef cheek, everyone agreed it was brilliant.
Then the 1st dessert course a white and dark chocolate concoction with pop rocks didn't blow me away, it was ok. The next a mango coconut combination of coconut panacotta and mango ice-cream was pretty good. And lastly the cheese board was nice.
So perhaps if my expectations had been lower I'd have enjoyed it more but considering the seafood options let the menu down so badly and usually people rave about the dego at Clarke's I' guessing the chef on that section was new or having a very bad night.
I won't be going back.
Too many other exceptional restaurants in Perth at the moment and at $650 for 4 people with no drinks you need to be doing everything right all the time.
If you go I'd recommend the beef. Dego no go I'm afraid.

2 Thank adventuregirl76
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Big thank you for a wonderful night. The degustation was just spectacular a must for everyone,the presentation textures and flavours of our outstanding meal was just superb, Service was totally attentive.Lovely evening. We highly recommend Clarke's for the experience one deserves.
The websters.

“Great food in suburbia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

While a little surprises why this Restaurant is BYO but the food well and truly made up for it. The menu was explained with great detail and flair, making a choice even harder. Ended by with the Fish of the day, Padigonian Tooth Fish, which was very well cooked and presented on a savoury mash. I can understand in a BYO environment, that the Drinks are not staff focus, but we had to retrieve or drinks a few times. All considered a classy restaurant at the higher end of the price range.

Perth, Australia
“It's all about the food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a great restaurant. Super food well presented, We have been a number of times and the quality is always the same - tip top. Not the greatest ambience perhaps, but it's all about the food.

Visited May 2012