“great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Beach Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ocean Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cottesloe
Melbourne
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed at the OBH for two nights in May 07. Had a great stay, you can't beat the location - it is literally across the road from the gorgeous Cottesloe beach.

I stayed in a deluxe room, which technically had ocean views (if you stick your head out the window). The windows were quite dirty from the salty spray. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was great. Everything was really clean and tidy, but the tv reception was terrible! There is a movie channel where they play different DVDs at various times which was good.

I was charged for a bottle of wine I didn't drink, but on checking my receipt when I arrived home and calling them about it the charges were returned to my credit card. I did feel a bit weird about it though.

The staff were really helpful with organising tours to Rottnest Island at late notice, and with anything I wanted to know. They were all very friendly and professional. I loved the beach, it was lovely for a walk at any time of day.

The OBH has a bus stop out the front that will take you to the markets, plenty of cafe's and restaurants nearby (I found I really liked the Tropicana and ate all my meals there, it's just really chilled out and they had lovely food).

I found the room to not be very soundproof, which didn't particularly bother me but if you're a light sleeper it may be an issue.

• Liked — location, location, location!
  • Disliked — dirty windows
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank JennyJoyMelbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night for three nights before departing for a five night stay in Broome. We chose the hotel for its superb location. At that time of year,
I do not think that there is a better location in which to stay in Perth. The ocean is literally across the road and the view from our room was superb. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working up and down the pristine beaches together and catching the train into Freo together. It is right beside the infamous "OBH" pub and some may find this noisy but I think that it just adds to the summer atmosphere. It was nice to step down from the hotel and have a Corona at the pub one evening and watch the sun go down. I had booked a spa room for all three nights and was disappointed that when we arrived we were not given a spa room. The hotel however allowed us to shift the next day. The other disappointment I had with the hotel was that it lost my wedding dress bag (designer bag made to fit couture dress) that my Mum dropped off for me. I left my number for the hotel to call me regarding its whereabouts and still have not heard anything from them. An apology would have been nice. Notwithstanding for the price, location and relaxing spa bath in the spa rooms - I would return there again.

• Liked — The distance from the beach
  • Disliked — The fact that nothing was done about my wedding dress bag going missing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Another_Australian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottesloe
The Cottesloe Beach Hotel
Be. Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
#1 of 7 in Fremantle
The Richardson Hotel & Spa

Been to Ocean Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!