“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cottesloe
Geelong, Australia
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location, close to beach, cafes, public transport. Easy to find and check in. Friendly staff, very comfortable room and bed at a great price. Would stay here again and recommend to friends, family and colleagues!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jocksnap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was booked by a colleague because of the views ..it is right on cottesloe beach and it's truly a fantastic location .. A lively bar next door , a nice Italian restaurant over the road which does great breakfasts overlooking the ocean .. That's the good part ..the rooms are pretty basic and pretty tired ..don't expect more than a bed and shower from the 1970's that's what you'll get ..my room was clean enough , overlooked the ocean and I wouldn't complain ..I stayed for two nights and it was fine .. My wife wouldn't have stayed here , so let that be your guide ..but as an overnight or a day or two on business , it's fine ..

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are the only reason to stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to begin... I stayed for 6 nights and the only thing positive I can say about the OBH is the location.
- The lift was out of order the duration of my stay even though it was only scheduled for two days of my stay.
- The floor of my room was littered with the previous occupants rubbish
- The hotel boasts in house movies however my movie channel was never available
- My in room telephone did not work, I had to call for reception on my own mobile for room service
- The food at the adjacent and linked restaurant was terrible
- The bar opposite plays loud music across the weekend and if you are stuck on the adjoining side do not expect to fall asleep at a reasonable hour
- The bar staff are incredibly rude
- The walls are so thin I can hear next doors shower door shut

Overall if you can I would suggest you look elsewhere if you can.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank loop989

Travelers are raving about these Cottesloe hotels

Aberdeen
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in a twin room for one night. The room we were given had a problem with the key card access so luckily were assigned another one.
The room smelt quite musty as soon as I walked in. I'm not sure if this was because we were right across from the restaurant next door or just a lack of air fresher or open windows.
The room size of the was large but quite dated and there was a lack of sockets to plug items into.
I slept well at night but was awoken in the morning by workmen in the car park below.
Overall I think that I would choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2014
new york, ny
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We have an infestation of cockroaches in our room but I hated this hotel before we realized that.
The rooms are in need of serious update, the carpets are filthy, walls desperately need paint, bathrooms are old and moldy. Beds are so uncomfortable.
The staff are also SO rude and unhelpful and the food at the adjoining restaurant is terrible.
The only good part about this hotel is the location but I would never ever stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kara K
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed for two nights recently. The bed was as hard as a rock. The remote control for my TV didn't work. I asked for it to be fixed and they brought it back still not fixed and left it in my room while I was out. The spa didn't work. No bubbles or jets worked at all. The staff just let themselves in when ever they felt like it. I was asleep and they just opened the door without even knocking. Worst of all I paid for my stay on saturday by credit card and they didn't process the payment until Wednesday!!! Thanks for overdrawing my account!!! Absolutely not worth the amount they charge per night. Oh I forgot to mention the furniture that is fake wood and peeling!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Melanie R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

They use Tomizone which didn't work well and won't let you use more than one device at a time. I paid $60 for the 30 day package and 3GB of data. They claimed I used the data in a few days but I don't think the system was accurate. I did only email and web surfing. No video watching or calling. The network showed a lot of packet loss and didn't work a lot of the time. My colleague couldn't get his company VPN to work at all.

The hotel rooms were large but sparse. Carpet a bit worn out. It's clean though and had a nice mini kitchen with coffee and tea and a decent sized fridge. Staff was very friendly. Coffee and tea in room was good quality.

Probably won't choose this hotel again unless they change the WiFi provider.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have straight on views of the Ocean.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank schneeb2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottesloe
The Cottesloe Beach Hotel
West Perth
Quest West Perth
Quest West Perth
#3 of 64 in Perth

Been to Ocean Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!