“Morning tea”

Indiana Cottesloe Beach
Reserve with
Indiana Cottesloe Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Cottesloe
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Honiton, United Kingdom
“Morning tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Took older parents on a coastal outing,up the perth coastal strip.. our first stop for morning tea was the indiana tea rooms, which my husband and i have visited three times over the last three years while we are back in W.A from the U.K ... It now is a bit tired and the pulling power for the public is the fantastic views and its situation, we would not return for a main meal till they up their game. Our morning tea was o.k ,coffee, tea and muffins ..

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Monty Python Cheese Shop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Indiana Tea House is Perth's version of the Monty Python Cheese Shop. When I arrived with my friends on a blustery Saturday lunch time, I was hungry and looking forward to sampling their culinary delights. We were given a menu, seated with a magnificent view of the ocean, and then completely ignored as we watched other diners who had arrived after us being served before us. After a good 30 minute wait (it wasn't busy that day), I had to go to the counter and ask for service myself. Not ideal, but I thought I could at least order something delicious. I was sadly mistaken. I was told that they only had muffins and couldn't serve me because they had a wedding on that day. My disgruntled friends and I left to face the storm outside and try to find somewhere where we could actually eat. I was appalled and dismayed at experiencing such poor service from this beautiful venue. Two weeks ago, I complained, hoping to give the staff an opportunity to redress my problem. Even the response was slow in coming and eventually I received a token apology that has done nothing to mitigate my dim view of the experience. Why do we consumers in WA put up with such poor hospitality service and over-inflated prices for ordinary fare? Unless you are enthralled by the possibility of having a Monty Python Cheese Shop experience, I would advise anyone to stay away from the Indiana Tea House. Like me, you face the prospect of both being ignored and going hungry while multiple staff make it look like they have far more important things to do than attend to you.

3 Thank DrSophieH
Canberra, Australia
“Lunch at the Indiana Tea Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had lunch here today with friends while visiting Perth. On arrival we were very impressed with the whole place from the interior to the amazing view. We started with the chips then 2 of us had the 3 sliders, 1 had the fish & chips and lastly the chorizo pizza. Everything we had was delicious, service from our female waitress (Georgia ?) was fantastic, great asset to their business. Our friends had recommended this place to us as they had been here before and we can see why. If we lived in Perth we would definitely return again and again.

“A disappointing experience!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We're excited to come here, it looked lovely & we'd not been before. We're impressed on arrival by the building and beautiful view. Immediately upon entering we were warmly greeted by a friendly and cheery waitress. We were shown to a table, at the very front of the building with a great view. Our waitress was so lovely, friendly & attentive throughout our whole dinning experience. Unfortunately there were 2 major let downs for this place though. As we waited for our meals to arrive, we looked up at the ceiling directly above us and saw several active and very much alive black house spiders!!! Yuck!!! As well as lots of webs. Our young sons were nervous the whole time, in case one fell down onto the table or into their lunch! The second let down, was the restaurant serving us our sons chips in a rusty tin pale! And I mean rusty! Can't be good for people's health eating food from rusty pales! They call it the chip shaker, which is chips in a rusty pale in a brown paper bag that you add your salt to and shake. Needless to say, it was a disappointing experience for us and such a shame, as the building and view really are lovely. The owner of this place needs to pay closer attention and make some improvements. Adele our waitress was absolutely wonderful though! Highest compliments to Adele for being brilliant at her work and for providing exceptional customer service. Adele was so delightful, with her big smile and kind and caring nature. She took such great care of us during our entire time there and even made sure she said goodbye to us when leaving. We would of had a much less enjoyable experience if it wasn't for Adele. Thank you and I really hope that the manager/owner knows what a great asset you are to their business!

1 Thank jayla7
“Great location but expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

It looks idyllic on arrival but there was hardly anyone inside. We were seated and waitress gave us a menu and walked away, we did not see her again. I asked someone else who was setting a table for some drinks and dipping bread while we waited for friends, it was as if I asked if I could punch him in the face. He did not seem happy about it but walked away and did it. Later on he was nice when asked a question about food but when being asked for something again he was not very impressed.

Food was okay but expensive, scallops were under cooked and did not get many for a high price. Sliders were $9 each for a tiny burger and the pizzas were quite average.

The views and the location are the only thing positive about it, our visitors from the UK were mesmerised by that so didn't have much to say about everything else. It seems to be the norm for Perth not to care about service quality.

• Visited September 2013