“One minute shower once per day”

Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Ningaloo Reef in your own time, away from the crowds and in style! Join Sail Ningaloo aboard the luxury sailing catamaran 'Shore Thing'. Small group tours include freshly prepared gourmet meals, equipment and activities (snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing), and your accommodation on board in four well appointed double cabins. Tours depart from Coral Bay on the Ningaloo Reef and are available for three, five or nine nights in duration. Tours depart between March and December each year.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“One minute shower once per day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on a 5 night boat ride starting on July 15, 2014 on the Shore Thing. In the morning on the 2nd day, we were told that the water tank is broken and our choice was to stay close to Coral Bay so that water can be refilled or we will head north as planned but then we are limited to one shower that last only one minute per person per day. Since everyone else vote for the 2nd option, we had no choice but go with the majority. However, for the amount of money we pay for (AUD3200 p.p.), I would have expected to at least be able to shower as often as I wish to. Also, as calculating as they have been (charging 1.5% extra whenever you make payment via credit card, and seriously, how else do you expect an international client to pay except for using a credit card), they offer nothing in return except for a bottle of wine per couple (yes, per couple, not per person). I would have expected an apology email afterwards or voucher or refund of some sort and since we got off the boat for 4 days, we have got nothing so far.
I would not want to sail with the Shore Thing again. I think they overcharge big time. For this same amount of money, we have had much better experience in Great Barrier Reef and Galapogos Island.
Hugely disappointed.

4 Thank Moonyfish
Sail N, Owner at Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Moonyfish

Thank you for joining us on board Shore Thing and for your valuable feedback. I would firstly like to offer our sincere apologies to you again for the inconvenience you experienced due to the minimal water available for showering during your trip. We always endeavor to provide our customers with the highest possible service and our aim is to ensure your enjoyment and comfort throughout all aspects of the tour.
Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we were unable to provide unlimited amounts of water for showering. The desalination unit on board shore thing required a replacement part which unfortunately we were unable to purchase locally. Whilst we are privileged to live and work in an amazing part of Australia, the remote location of the Ningaloo Reef where we operate certainly provides some challenges; in this instance waiting for replacement parts to be freighted across the country.
As we have large 1000lt holding tanks, we can still operate tours with minimal disruption and reach the remote snorkel and dive locations visitors join us to experience, with guest agreement on water conservation.
I would also like to apologise that you did not feel you could speak with me directly regarding your feelings after the trip. I was unaware of your disappointment as the feed back we received from you at the completion of the tour was that you rated your Sail Ningaloo experience as exceeding your expectations, except for the limited water supply - which you noted that ‘Gary and crew did their best to make sure guests still have their showers – great response!
I would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss this with you face to face when I met with you on your return.

In regards to bank charges, as a small business it is difficult to bear the fees charged for merchant facilities imposed by the banks and like most other businesses we pass on a small amount of the cost. We do offer an alternative no-fee payment option such as bank transfer, which we believe is clearly communicated.

I do hope you still enjoyed some of your journey to Ningaloo Reef and swimming with majestic manta rays or seeing the impressive humpback whales or perhaps the amazing snorkel sites you visited will leave you with some wonderful memories.

Once again I apologise that the Shore Thing didn’t live up to your expectations during this visit, as guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

Best regards,
Lannie Riley

Adelaide, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip of a life time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

After seeking a live aboard boat that catered for divers wanting to explore the Ningaloo Reef, i finally settled on Shore Thing as it had everything I wanted for my getaway. The first notable element was from my dealings with Lani, who was extremely helpful in organising my trip and going the extra mile to help me with other queries regarding my travel to the region. The second, was the types of activities offered on the boat apart from my beloved scuba diving, for example, there were ample opportunities to to an easy snorkel and equipment on board to kayak. Just lazing back and enjoying a sail and the fantastic company of the crew who were all lovely and so much fun to be around. The rest of the passengers on the boat were also fantastic, and the numbers were perfect - not too many people, not too few. If I wanted quiet time alone, there were ample locations of the boat to 'get away', and the meals were seriously awesome. This trip for me was decadent and luxurious, and resulted in me being completely relaxed and content and feeling very lucky to be me. I would highly recommend this company and this trip to anyone who is looking for an amazing getaway run by professionals who are both friendly and helpful - thanks again Luke and Lani and the crew :).

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience on Sail Ningaloo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our Sail Ningaloo experience was fantastic! From the start of planning our itinerary, booking the tour and making transfer arrangements, it was pretty much seamless throughout. There's a lot of great things about our experience on Sail Ningaloo - the food is fresh, healthy and delicious with lots of variety (and even dessert!), the sail boat is very nice and rooms were comfortable, the snorkling was fantastic - we saw lots of things from wobbegongs, tawny nurse sharks, bull rays, manta rays and turtles. Luke and Lannie & their crew are a lovely bunch. They really look out for giving you the best experience possible, and most importantly have good safety standards. Be prepared to take away some beautiful memories. It's definitely worth the while.

London, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Trip of a lifetime - just amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We can’t speak highly enough of our Sail Ningaloo experience. Right from our first enquiry, Lannie was a pleasure to deal with, answering any questions we had about the trip. We had 6 very special nights on board with our crew Lannie, Luke and Dee who made sure everything was perfect.

The boat is beautiful with sunny and shady spots and you can help sail the boat if you so wish. The snorkelling was fantastic and the crew made sure we were in the right place at the right time to get the best of our experiences. We swam with manta rays and turtles, saw sharks, sting rays and the most amazing amount of fish-life. We sailed alongside humpback whales and even saw the elusive dugong. The majority of the guests on our boat were scuba diving, so we were able to do one dive on most days, some days 2 dives.

The food was outstanding, with different breakfast, lunch, dinner options each day, as well as mid-morning and afternoon treats after each water excursion. We are both vegetarian, so for each meal Lannie prepared fantastic options for us, all cooked in front of us in her tiny kitchen, she put so much thought and effort into this, sometimes vegetarian dishes can be disappointing, but not on this trip.

During the six days we felt that we had the entire Ningaloo reef to ourselves – only seeing another boat when we were departing / arriving in Coral Bay. If it is a special occasion, do let them know as you may just get a special treat.

If you want to see this very special reef, we can highly recommend Sail Ningaloo – this is a trip of a lifetime with a very special team.

Apologies to Lannie and team, this review is well overdue!

Visited August 2013
Newcastle, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went on a 3 night dive trip and had an absolutely fantastic time. I can't recommend this highly enough. We went to great dive sites, had good quality dive gear to hire and a great dive master (Shaun) who was happy to let us explore the sites at a relaxed pace. They were also accommodating for those of us who were too tired or didn't feel like doing all the dives offered each day. As soon as we surfaced we were offered hot drinks, and there was a never-ending supply of delicious food cooked by our lovely host Alex. Our skipper Luke always made sure we were anchored in the best places to avoid wind and swell and seasickness. And a special mention needs to be made for Lannie who organised a special pickup of our friends the following day when their flight to Exmouth was delayed. The natural environment here is beautiful, and over the course of 4 days we saw so much marine life. Would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to enjoy the Ningaloo reef.