“It's not just for divers!”

Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Ningaloo Reef in your own time, away from the crowds and in style! Join Sail Ningaloo aboard the luxury sailing catamaran 'Shore Thing'. Small group tours include freshly prepared gourmet meals, equipment and activities (snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing), and your accommodation on board in four well appointed double cabins. Tours depart from Coral Bay on the Ningaloo Reef and are available for three, five or nine nights in duration. Tours depart between March and December each year.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can’t say enough about my experience aboard Shore Thing. You are well taken care of from your first inquiry until you step back into the airport. The service is impeccable, the food is amazing, the crew is knowledgeable and passionate, and the experience you’ll have is priceless. If the Ningaloo Reef isn’t on your bucket list, it should be, and the only way to see it is on Shore Thing with Sail Ningaloo.

There are newer reviews for Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My friends and I stayed 3 nights on the Shore Thing a couple of weeks ago and we are all still reliving the amazing experiences we shared onboard.
I organised this trip as 40th birthday celebration for myself and my closest friends. Right from the start Lannie was fabulous, putting together suggestions and advising on best sailing schedule. She made this so easy.
If you want to know what it feels like to have your own personal charter catamaran - The Shore Thing will make that dream come true. At your beck and call are three fabulous crew members - each trying to make the trip even better. Dave the Skipper was Mr Serious with a terribly dry sense of humour, who's mission was to find us the best snorkeling, diving and fishing spots daily. He out did himself on snorkeling & diving - but completely let us down on fishing - how could we have been sooooo bad!?!?!?
Travis our divemaster was our babysitter in the water, guiding us through on all our swims, ensuring we didn't miss the spectacular marine life. The manta rays, various sharks - including tiger sharks, turtles, the coral life - and photos proving we were there!
Ali our housekeeper and cook made sure we were well fed between all our swims. It was amazing what she managed to serve from the tiny kitchen - everything so fresh and tasty! She even baked us a birthday cake - as 4 of the 7 passengers celebrated their 40th birthdays!
Cannot recommend this trip enough - if you want to experience something special - this can't be missed!
I'm tempted to do this again next year...... :)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I have just spent 4 days (3 nights) on Shore Thing with 5 other passengers and 4 crew (Luke, the owner, Dave and Travis - our dive masters, and Marissa - also a dive master, but a fabulous chef as well). The trip was a dedicated dive trip. I did all the dives - 11 of them, including 2 night dives. My wife and I had one of the stateroom cabins which included ensuite and a good size bed - probably a cross between Queen and King. We did not really pay much attention to the standard cabins, so can't really comment on them.

We started arranging the trip at the end of August last year - Lannie (Luke's wife) was incredibly accommodating. The trip was originally scheduled as a dive/snorkel trip, but as we were the first, and were really looking for a dive trip, it was not a problem fro her to change the trip to a dedicated dive trip. Any questions we had about the trip between September and April, were quickly and thoroughly answered by Lannie. Nothing was too difficult.

Everything had been thought of - there was plenty of storage space in the cabin, eco soap, shampoo and conditioner is provided, shower towels, hand towels, face washers - all provided. After every dive, we were provided with hot or cold drinks as soon as we came out of the water, and there always seemed to be cut up fruit (melons, pineapple etc) to munch on, lying around. The food on the cruise is to die for - Marissa did a fantastic job of preparing and cooking the food - including fresh baked bread and rolls every day.

The diving was superb - we visited 7 different sites and saw everything from schooling Manta Rays (assuming that Manta Rays "school") down to tiny nudis. The water was warm (around 27 degrees most dives) and visibility was around 15-20 m on average. Ningaloo reef certainly has a lot to offer. Dive briefings were thorough and Dave's map drawing ability is to be commended.

At the end of the trip, we were all provided with a beautiful DVD of videos of the trip (above and below water) and photographs. I have not even had time yet to go through the DVD thoroughly to see all the extras. The DVD is a fantastic touch.

We would recommend Sail Ningaloo and Shore Thing to anybody - diver or non-diver, who would like to experience Ningaloo Reef. It is a well run operation, staffed by very capable people who care for the environment in which they work, and the people who they entertain on the boat.

We wish that one day, we will be able to join Sure Thing again.

Highly - most highly - recommended!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family (which includes my husband, a 14-year-old daughter, and a 10-year-old- son) and I recently spent 3 nights on Shore Thing. We are from Texas living temporarily in Perth, and this was our first time doing a "live-at-sea", so we were a little unsure about what we were getting ourselves into. It was amazing! The crew tended to our every need, and, basically, did not let us lift a finger. The food was delicious and presented nicely, as well. Our hostess, Ali, made sure that we always had snacks and drinks available after each snorkel, too. One of my concerns going into this was my chidlren's severe nut allergies. I was so pleased with the attention and preparation taken to ensure that no nuts were present in any foods on board. They even had nut-free granola bars!

Aside from the well-appointed vessel, the snorkels were wonderful and plentiful. Our guide, Travis, always made sure that we saw as much as possible and became a favorite to my son, as well. We saw sharks, manta rays, sting rays, turtles, etc., and we learned about all types of coral and fish. In all, we snorkeled about 12 times in different locations over the 3 days.

David our skipper was wonderful, too. He was quite knowledgeable with the area and the marine life, and his enthusiasm with whatever we were doing was infectious. We knew we were in good hands right away.

Aside from all that, we also enjoyed fishing, kayaking, and just getting to know each other and relaxing in the sun.

It was an extraordinary vacation, and if we could do it all over again, we would have signed up for the 5 or 9 day trips instead; 3 days was not enough. Not to mention the fact that we so enjoyed the crew who was always pleasant and always helpful. They, Shore Thing, and the reef will be missed!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I generally do not take the time to provide reviews but Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing is such a well run operation that I feel compelled to do so. Quite simply it is the best tourist business that I have ever come across. The on-board accommodation, the service, the cuisine and the expertise of the crew are all, without any exception, truly excellent. The Ningaloo Reef is a wonder of the world and to be able to see it, while being looked after aboard Shore Thing and while taking advantage of the extensive knowledge of the crew is unarguably the only way to see it. During your stay on-board, your every wish will be catered for and the meals provided throughout your voyage will some of the best you have ever had. Highly, highly recommended.