“Perfect honeymoon experience”

Sail Ningaloo - Shore Thing
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Ningaloo Reef in your own time, away from the crowds and in style! Join Sail Ningaloo aboard the luxury sailing catamaran 'Shore Thing'. Small group tours include freshly prepared gourmet meals, equipment and activities (snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing), and your accommodation on board in four well appointed double cabins. Tours depart from Coral Bay on the Ningaloo Reef and are available for three, five or nine nights in duration. Tours depart between March and December each year.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having heard great things about the Ningaloo reef, we decided to spend our honeymoon there, and were delighted with our experience on board Shore Thing. Lannie was friendly and very helpful right from the start, arranging our transfers and overnight stay at the end of our trip, and greeting us at the airport when we arrived.
Having spent time on boats before we were amazed at how spacious and comfortable the living areas and cabins were on board the catamaran, and the food that Ali and Marissa produced from the galley was absolutely delicious! It's a good job we were doing plenty of snorkelling every day to build up our appetites!
Luke was a great skipper and host, and was so knowledgeable about the reef and the wildlife to be found there. He guided us with ease to all his favourite spots, and before each spell in the water he talked us through the route to take and what to look out for on the way. We knew we were in for a treat from the start, when we spent our first snorkel swimming with a number of giant manta rays, gracefully swooping their way back and forth along the bottom to feed. Having dived before in many unspoilt spots around the world, I was still blown away by how pristine the coral was in Ningaloo, and by the variety of things we could see just by snorkelling. Highlights were the Fin wreck, the 'clam graveyard', where we saw reef sharks, turtles, and shoals of thousands of tiny reef fish, and the 'green mile', where we saw so many massive green turtles that we felt like we had travelled back in time to some prehistoric world.
While travelling between snorkelling spots, the look-out tower was the perfect place to sit and spot rays, turtles dugongs and dolphins in the clear, shallow water, while enjoying a tropical fruit platter and a quick game of backgammon.
There was the opportunity for some fishing on the way, and we were rewarded with delicious fresh sushi and calamari, having hooked a yellowfin tuna and several squid (the latter being a very entertaining catch to watch from a distance... lots of squirting black ink everywhere!).

I can't recommend this trip highly enough, and we would love to go back in the future. I don't think there can be a better way to experience the marine wonderland of Ningaloo than aboard Shore Thing. Go soon before everyone else finds out about it!!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"salt and pepper squid"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I got to go home and say I snorkelled a shipwreck, dived with a manta ray and swim surrounded by 6 sharks and I didn't even have to lie. Unfortunately the voyage wasn't perfect. The only improvement I can think off would be a diving board at the top! Marisa was not only a fantastic cook and caterer but also great company. She should be given diving privileges IMMEDIATELY. Dave was great to have around to chop your squid and make your tea and provide some interesting Kiwi music and Luke managed to take care of the crew, passengers and the boat all at once. All in all, a great trip. I hope the business powers on so one day I can take my kids on the same trip.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent 5 wonderful days on luxury catamaran Shore Thing exploring Ningaloo Reef, pampered by its great crew. The vessel is extremely well equipped and very comfortable and the food on board is superb. It was so pleasant surfacing from a dive with turtle and manta rays, to be greeted with Marisa who had just baked warm muffins! The crew (Luke, Dave and Marisa) looked after us and made sure all our wishes were fulfilled. They were attention, without being intrusive, just perfect!
I was scuba-diving, the other passengers (we were 6 altogether) were snorkelers, and we all had the privilege of exploring Ningaloo Reef without a crowd of other diver/snorkelers, as we practically had the reef for ourselves, Shore Thing being the only vessel around.That made the whole experience very special. Luke and Dave guide you around the best spots, some of them only known to them, and the richness of the marine life there amazed me. I have dived all over the world for 25 years, and Ningaloo really stands out as the best, as it is unspoiled.
I also enjoy gourmet food tremendously, and the quality of the meals were outstanding. Marisa (always with a smile) gave me some of her recipes, and I have tried some on my friends with great success :o)
I sincerely hope to be able to return on Shore Thing and bring my partner and some friends along! I have showed them the CD-Rom that is given to each of us at the end of the trip, with photos and videos of us while underwater and on board, and they were impressed!
So Luke, Dave, Marisa, Lannie: à bientôt, j'espère!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wanted to experience something different with my 13 year old son to get close to nature and in a respectful way. This trip exceeded all expectations. The entire Sail Ningaloo team had helped make everything such a pleasure - from the booking process and ensuring we knew what else there was to do to make the most of our time at Ningaloo, to the actual sailing itself, the incredible food and sending us to Exmouth thereafter. What a joy! Beyond the mantas, innumerable other fish and stunning corals, the passion of the crew of the Shore Thing and their great sense of humor made this a truly memorable trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you've never gone to Coral Bay then you're missing out on an experience of a lifetime. Before we even arrived Lannie had our entire trip organised for us, including our trip on Shore Thing, accommodation at Coral Bay, a whale shark tour and transfers both from and to the airport in Learmonth. We did the 5night trip on Shore thing and it was, without doubt, one of the best trips we have EVER done. Diving and snorkelling along the Ningaloo Reef was spectacular with an abundance of marine life including sharks, dolphins, manta ray, dugong, turtles and an amazing hammer head shark!! The coral and macro life was also amazing...SO much to see!! As for the boat, the crew and the food on board......absolutely amazing on all accounts. The boat was spacious and clean and with a party of 9, including the crew, it never felt overcrowded. The crew of Luke, Dave and Ali were amazing, just lovely people with a wealth of skills including anything from sailing the boat to preparing us the most amazing meals....ah the meals!! What can I say but everyone should have an Ali, she catered for a party which included vegetarians, gluten free and lactose free diets and she did it with, what appeared to be extreme ease. The food was fresh, tasty and in abundance.....I'd go back for that alone!! Dave our wonder dive/snorkel guide and commis chef is a true gent who had an uncanny ability to put us in the right spot to see the best marine life. A hugh thank you to Luke who kept us all safe and relatively sane!! I don't know if it's possible but if pushed I would say that the highlights of the trip were finding the wreck the Zvir and the manta night feeding off the back of the boat were both pretty amazing....or more to the point Luke's reaction to both was hilarious, 12yr old boy springs to mind :) A huge HUGE thank you to Lannie, Luke, Dave & Ali for a most amazing holiday that we both have fond memories of.
Helen & Michelle