“Marianne and Karina”
Review of Ningaloo Reef Dive

Ningaloo Reef Dive
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Shark Interaction Tours, Manta Ray Interaction Tours, Snorkelling & SCUBA Diving Tours, Dive Courses, equipment sales & SCUBA Tank Refills in the small, remote community of Coral Bay, Western Australia on the World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. Our dedicated, passionate crew are waiting to take you out and show you what the region has to offer. At Ningaloo Reef Dive we are committed to the conservation & protection of the NIngaloo Reef Marine Park and the safety,education & enjoyment of our visitors.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had an absolutely fab day snorkling with whale sharks, totally out of season for these magnificent creatures. The crew on the boat were friendly, helpful and totally awesome! Food was good and the atmosphere on board great!

1  Thank Karina1302
NingalooReefDive, Owner at Ningaloo Reef Dive, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your fab review! So glad you both had a top day, it's those unexpected, out of season encounters that are often the most memorable for us too. Thanks for sharing a very special day with us and we hope to see you again sometime.
Kind Regards, Tonja

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I turned 50 last year and put "swim with a whale shark" on my bucket list. My family and I were heading to Exmouth and expected to try and hook up with a tour there. We stopped in Coral Bay first and learned that the weather had been poor and boats from Exmouth weren't able to go out due to strong winds but the Coral Bay boats were fine. I signed up with the only show in town (the others had quit for the season) which was Ningaloo Reef Dive. These guys were awesome. From the 5mm full wet suit they lent me - since I get so cold and wanted extra floatation - to the whale-watching tour enroute to the whale shark dive this day was amazing. We were the only whale shark boat out the day that I went and when we found the shark we had 60 minutes to interact with it. My group of 10 tried our best and after 49 minutes in the water with it we were all spent. In addition to our 49 minutes with the whale shark we did two reef dives, one before and one after. We saw reef sharks, reef fish and sea turtles. Our guides were terrific and the boat captain awesome. I would recommend this company without reservation. But be warned, if there is a chop out at sea - which there was for us - the swimming is challenging! But the guides will get you through if you are motivated.

2  Thank momwithtoddler46

Thank You for your review! We were privilaged to have helped you out with your 'Bucket List' and so happy that you had the best day ever. Cheers!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I went out with Ningaloo Reef Dive for the manta ray trip and absolutely loved it! We had the best day. The first snorkeling spot is beautiful, we saw sting ray, squid and turtles. Swimming with the manta ray was tiring but worth it and at the second snorkeling spot we saw about 10 reef sharks at their 'cleaning spot'. AMAZING. The skipper and crew were very friendly and there was plenty of food throughout the day. Would recommend this trip to everyone.

1  Thank Lucy J

Thanks so much for your lovely review! It means the world to us.
I should have told you this ages ago but hope you accept my belated thanks.
We all hope to see you here again one day.
Kind regards, Tonja

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was one of my best days of my whole three months in Australia! Me and my girlfriend did the manta ray tour! They take you to amazing dive / snorkel sites we saw turtles sting rays and lots of fish then they use a plane to find the manta rays where you all hop out and go swimming with them! They served us an adequate but not amazing lunch before we went to another snorkelling site where we saw reef sharks! They staff, captain and two girls were brilliant and really friendly! It was defiantly dive orientated but us and several others were just snorkelling and it was still a great day! Very highly recommended!

This is way too late but I just wanted to thank you for your great review! It is always brilliant to hear about our guests having a good day out with us. Thank You... Oh, and we've taken your hint and made the lunch on the dive boat just that little bit better, we've been putting on an extra crew member as a snorkel guide whenever we can too, so hopefully that will make our snorkelers feel that they are just as important to us as our divers.... You are you know.
Kind regards, Tonja.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I did the full day Manta Ray tour, and loved every second of it except when the day was over! Ningaloo Reef in Coral Bay is home to over 200 types of hard corals and a multitude of reef fish including sea turtles, white and black tip sharks, shovel nose sharks and stingrays..
The lovely crew on board were extremely professional and very knowledgable about the reef and especially about the Manta Rays..
Safety of the passengers,the crew and most importantly of the ocean creatures were paramount throughout the day.. Lunch was a light buffet affair...
Did 2 very long snorkels around the bommies and 2 drops in to swim with the Mantas where I observed a Female in a mating ritual with 3 Male suitors..
If your staying in town a few days, then head out and snorkel on your own in the bay plenty areas where you can see coral and reef fish and all very close to shore.. ENJOY!

I have just been revisiting our guest comments on Trip Advisor and wanted to thank you for your awesome review! I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner but wanted to let you know that we do appreciate the time you have taken to let people know what you thought of your day with us. We hope to see you again one day. Kind regards, Tonja.