“Enjoyable location”

Chateau Yering Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yering
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very enjoyable place for a nice long weekend. A good package that included a very nice river view room (river a distance away...), a very enjoyable meal in the restaurant for two, breakfast and just a whole lot of relaxing. Good location for touring through the Yarra Valley region. A wedding that took place the same weekend did not disrupt at all.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed only overnight at Chateau Yering, but we really felt we had had a restful long weekend. We were very lucky to have our booking upgraded to a suite. The rooms were beautifully furnished, old world style and very comfortable. The staff were very attentive and friendly. My husband needed to go to a chemist so the reception staff provided a Google map and directions and held our booking in the restaurant a few minutes. It was quiet and peaceful and we did not hear any noise from the rooms around us. A lovely sleep in and a leisurely breakfast in the sweet water cafe was just delightful. We hope we go again soon.

Room Tip: Not sure there would be bad rooms, but the Dalry suite was great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife, adult son and I visited the Yarra Valley in late January, and stayed 2 nights at the Chateau. The staff were attentive, friendly and the rooms were clean, eye-catching and almost too comfortable. Breakfast in the Sweetwater each morning (3 for us) was more than enough, and the kitchen was only too happy to do special requests. We were not familiar with the area (passing through from Canada) and so we really appreciated some tips where to go, what to visit. Dinner at Eleonores was superb- we appreciated the wine pairings suggested by the Sommelier. We even got to play some tennis. A wonderful time was had by us and another couple from Toronto with whom we were traveling. Truly memorable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days for a management retreat and frankly, could not fault the property.

My room was delightful, the ambience had to be experienced to be believed and the staff were excellent, especially in the restaurant.

I plan to return with my wife for a weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed a night in one of the up, market Stable suites. Both of us were overwhelmed by the dust of the antiques and curtains, so much so I couldn’t stop sneezing and my wife’s eyes were red from the irritation. The service was excellent and the rooms well appointed but the upkeep seems to have let them down. A must is the candlelit turndown. I won’t ruin it for you , just do it.
Would we stay again yes but the breakfast was cold and the staff rude. Our coffees sat on a bench for over 5 minutes getting cold, it was only after we went up and inquired that they responded and rudely banged them down on our table. There is just no excuses for that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded May 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. I do apologise that your stay with us was not up to the standard I expect for my guests.

I believe the problem regarding the dust was due to the open fire. During the winter months the Stable Suites are the most popular and unfortunately the fireplaces do sometimes smoke and cause dust in the room. My housekeeping staff are usually extremely conscious of this problem and take extra care. I am not sure what happened on this occasion but I can assure you it will not happen again.
Hopefully we can welcome you back to the property in the future and your stay will be perfect!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on 25th April as part of a trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I couldn't think of a nicer place to stay! We were lucky enough to have the Yeringberg room which was simply beautiful. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The dinner we had in the restaurant was of the highest quality - I could have that suckling pig every night and not get sick of it!
The location - fantastic
The room - breathtaking
The food - world class
The staff - brilliant
What more could you ask for......

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had driven past this place for years, without knowing to much about what was behind the trees ...Then recently a friend told us about it, so we popped in and had a look...Wow....So we booked an overnight package and dinner... Not cheap but unbelievably first class in every way. The ambience says it all, add to that the professionalism of staff at all levels, from reception to to the food and wine waiter at dinner it was a night to remenber...Food was excellent as was selection of wine....We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yering
Yarra Valley Lodge
Yarra Valley Motel
#1 of 2 in Lilydale
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
Yering Gorge Cottages

Been to Chateau Yering Hotel? Share your experiences!