We stayed a night in one of the up, market Stable suites. Both of us were overwhelmed by the dust of the antiques and curtains, so much so I couldn’t stop sneezing and my wife’s eyes were red from the irritation. The service was excellent and the rooms well appointed but the upkeep seems to have let them down. A must is the candlelit turndown. I won’t ruin it for you , just do it.
Would we stay again yes but the breakfast was cold and the staff rude. Our coffees sat on a bench for over 5 minutes getting cold, it was only after we went up and inquired that they responded and rudely banged them down on our table. There is just no excuses for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Yering Hotel a Victorian Mansion built in 1854 and restored to 1997 is set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria's premier wine region. Chateau Yering Hotel is a gracious five star hotel featuring 32 luxurious suites individually decorated with antiques and fine furnishings. This welcoming property offers unsurpassed fine dining in Eleonore's Restaurant while Sweetwater Cafe serves breakfast daily and lunch Wednesday to Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chateau Yering Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Yering Historic Hotel
- Chateau Yering Historic Melbourne
- Chateau Yering Hotel Yarra Valley