Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Yarra Valley tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews an amazing experience adrenaline junkie birthday present instructor australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Skydive during winter is just simply amazing! We were pretty upset and anxious waiting as we arrived at the centre approximately 8.30am and the clouds weren't clear and we had to wait and pray for the clouds to clear away. After finally 2.5hours of anxiously waiting the sky was clear and we flew off.

It was indeed an amazing experience and it was all worthwhile waiting for!
Special thanks to Sam who was my tandem and he was very experienced and he eased the comfort and I felt nothing of nervousness but excited-ness.

One thing i would like to point out is that we were given the options of having Distance Cam or Hand Cam.
I have opted for the Distance Cam thinking that would look great and amazing (and it did looked amazing).
Nevertheless, for AUD 139, my DVD was only 10 sec during freefall shots (in the sky only) at a distant and I didn't get great shots after the parachutte was open as the other tandem flew down faster than us. Was quite a disappointment that the staff could have asked if we would like to top on extra for it. And I have not been advised that should it be a DC then you will not get close up shots (which naively I thought the other tandem would follow right to the end!!)

My hubby had opted for the Hand Cam since I have taken the Distance Cam whereby another tandem has to follow.
His DVD looked more worthwhile than mine as it shots right from the beginning right down to the landing.
However, my glorious moments was only the 10sec of freefall and there were no shots after the parachutte was opened. The rest was shots of the the other tandem as she flew down.

It was just a pity for not having more photos shots.
Just be reminded on this as we have paid quite a sum of money.

1  Thank BBBubbly
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi there

Thank you for your review and feedback. Glad to hear you had an amazing time with Sam! We can follow up on your DVD if you send an email to marketing@melbourneskydivecentre.com.au with your full name and the date you jumped.

Blue skies!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

If you have ever considered taking the plunge, go and do it. I have always wanted to do a Skydive but been too nervous. Decided just to do it and went yesterday and now wondering why I didn't go sooner! Although I had to wait for a long time, the staff were all very friendly and talked to me while I waited.
I went with Paul and he was a really good instructor.
I loved the Skydive and can't wait to go again!
Only thing I would say is, I paid $139 for DVD and pictures but I wasn't impressed with my pictures. They went as far as half way through the free fall then stopped. A lot of money for not very good pictures.

Hi there

Thanks so much for your great feedback. Glad you enjoyed your jump with Paul and the team!

We can look in to the photos for you if you would like to send an email to marketing@melbourneskydivecentre.com.au with your full name and the date you jumped.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I jumped out of a plane yesterday with my little brother (16yr old) . . . it was hands down the best thing we have ever done. The team at Melbourne Skydive Centre made us feel welcome, comfortable, happy and excited. They all deserve the highest praise as the service they all provided was first class.

Sam & Bill (Tandem Masters) shared the experience with us. . as they were strapped to our backs =). They clearly love what they do and both have a wealth of knowledge. No question went unanswered and the nerves were almost non existent as we were surrounded by such amazing people. Im so glad my whole experience was captured on dvd so I could watch the jump over and over again.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend skydiving at Melbourne Skydive Centre. You could go skydiving anywhere I guess, but if you want the whole package with a fun and friendly atmosphere then you need to come to Melbourne Skydive Centre. I hope this review encourages someone to step out of there comfort zone as you most definitely wont regret it.
The Sky's the limit
J & M =)

3  Thank Dj R
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi there

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! It's hard not to love skydiving. Hope to see you both back again soon.

Blue skies!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I did my skydive with Hamish. It was a great experience, awesome feeling ever. After the dive, everyone would expect beautiful picturs of the jump with magnificent scenery of the great ocean road. However after paying AUD139, all i received were 24 pictures of which none were in the sky. Extremely disappointed. In fact the receptionist promised 200 plus of photos. Terrible and so upsetting. Please ensure you check the DVDs before leaving the place. I learnt it the hard way.

2  Thank Fahme
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Yarra Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi there

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your skydive with Hamish!

I am sorry to hear about your photos, you should have received more than 24. Please email marketing@melbourneskydivecentre.com.au with more details of your jump and we will follow up on this for you.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Did my 1st skydiving here, and it was by far the bravest thing ive done. Massive thanks to Jeremy for being such an awesome instructor! He paid attention to nitty gritty details and took great effort to document the entire process. Kudos to him and the team at Barwon Heads Melbourne Skydive Centre! Would definitely be back again!:)

Hello

Thank you for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your first skydive with Jeremy, see you for skydive number 2!