“A great evening all round.”
Review of Lazy Moe's

Lazy Moe's
Ranked #29 of 81 Restaurants in Oakleigh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I come regually to lazy moe's and we always have a very pleasant evening.
The staff are very friendly and welcome us by name and with a smile as we walk in.
Geoff is always very friendly and has a new story or joke for us everytime we come in and the girls are very helpful in whatever we request.
The meals are always too big and we've brought friends in to attempt the Moes feast challenge, yet none have succeeded. It's makes for an entertaining evening watching people we've recommended the place to face's drop in disbelief at the size of the meals. Great quality for money.
And an all round good night. I recommend giving it a go and even just trying to get through that MONSTROUS parma!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

First of all I want to point out as an employee of Lazy Moes, YOU DO NOT SMOKE WHERE CUSTOMERS CAN SEE YOU AND GET STRAIGHT BACK TO WORK AS SOON AS YOU FINISH YOUR CIGARETTE. Its absolutely off putting and disgusting. As we were eating our meals, 2 employees went outside and started smoking where we could see them as clear as day. Secondly, the customer service from an elderly man with grey hair at the Oakleigh location was 0 out of 10. The girls that worked there were nice and understanding, but this man in general was a pig. We found a hair in one of our dishes, and as we pointed it out, all he could say was "Where is it?" with a raised voice. He took the dish away, and did not return, DID NOT offer a replacement meal and DID NOT resolve the problem, leaving us all unsatisfied. No one was in uniform, NOT EVEN the kitchen staff. It looked like the staff had just come off the street and started working, it was very unprofessional and poor in presentation. Hygiene and customer service should be looked upon at this restaurant. I've never been to a restaurant with such terrible service and poor presentation. I would not recommend this place to anyone, its disgusting. The terms and conditions of the restaurant are rude and unpleasant to read. If you do not know what the terms and conditions are of the restaurant, they are on the website, but i will post them here anyway.

TERMS + CONDITIONS
OF EATING AT LAZY MOE'S

Leave all bad moods at the door and pick them up on your way out... If you need to.
Do you understand plain english? We do not split bills! Ok? And for those of you who don't understand, here it is in a few more languages :
- Nous ne partageons pas les notes!
- نحن لا تقسيم الفواتير
- Die Rechnung darf nicht gesplittet werden
- Non si dividono i conti
- Co compte doit etie layer en foul
- Ne djeli mo racun... Ok!
- EmeiΣ Δen Xopizoumai to ΛoΓapiazmo
Hello - You're in my house now, so'll tell ya where you're sitting and don't be re-arranging my furniture.
There is a meaning behind please wait to be seated, if you read between the lines, it is really means, I (Moe), don't want you talk'n in like you own the joint, sitting whew you want, and complaining about bad service because we don't know where you sat yourselves!
By the way Moe is not responsible for any bad punctuation or misspelled words. If you are concerned, he will give you 40c and you can tell someone who cares.
Last but not least have grouse night!
Oh ... And please push your chairs in before you leave
There is only one thing left to do ... Remember your table number when paying
If you don't accept our terms + conditions and think you can do it better... Make Moe an offer... Money talks Bull$#*% walks!

10  Thank _Chris603
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been to Lazy Moe's a few times and it was an awesome place to go, until last night. Went there for dinner last night with a few friends. The waiter who was quite elderly that served us was fairly rude and really did not have any clue on what personal space was. The meals that we ordered came out on time which was good and the quantity was more that satisfactory. Half way through the meal a friend of mine found a hair in her food and it looked like it was of a beard or some sort, the next thing we noticed was that one of the kitchen staff, which im guessing was the chef was not wearing a beard net and had no trouble giving it a good scratch. With all this going we got the waiter to have a look at it and all he said was "Where is it", we pointed it out and he just took away the UNFINISHED meal. So now left with eating half a meal and he did not return with a replacement or an apology we decided that we'd just leave, having to pay for the meal as the waitress who was very understanding but said she could not do anything about it because the manager was not in. People! the meals look good and they are of a huge quantity but after having a seat that gives you a direct view of the kitchen, you'd want to rethink if its really worth going to a place where the waiter thinks that just because the menu's have some absurd terms and conditions he can abuse his lack of customer service skills and get away with anything.

8  Thank Elroy255100
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I visited Lazy Moes with my partner and a couple of friends,
It was very busy when we arrived and we were seated quickly, The staff were friendly especially one young male who could not have been more helpful,
We were surprised at the Size of the Servings, to us they were huge and the prices seemed quite good, I had ordered a spirit with mixer and it was quite strong compared to what you would get at most resturants, so I was happy.
All 5 of us were unable to finish our meals, I managed to get through my Parma but could not even touch the Extremely large amount of Chips on the plate or the side salad, my Parma was very large and quite dry, my partners Veal was excellent (again only chips left), our friends Fish and Chips could have been shared between the two of them.
But I would go there again - next time I will know what to expect and can order accordingly. The Staff we had were friendly but we knew we had out stayed our welcome when the kitchen staff wanted to go home.

5  Thank Hippo66
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I visited lazy moes for the first time with a group of friends after hearing the meals are enormous. I was very much confused as the meals were a normal size and i didnt find them huge at all. I regularly eat out and for the price i think the food wasnt up to scratch. The chicken is very chewy and gummy and i dont particularly like paying 20 dollars for a health risk. But what annoyed me most is the time spent waiting for our food. A couple of my friends complained they were sick afterwards. i think the people that go there need a reality check.

3  Thank Kate J