Lamplighter Motor Inn
$107
  • Pool
$79
Travelocity
Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$106
$87
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Let's start with the bubblegum on the bedhead. Yuk! There were stains all over the wall from something which had been spilled on them. I couldn't have a cup of tea because all three mugs were dirty. The smoke alarm was hanging off the wall. The sheets looked like they had seen better days. It was really dusty and dirty all over. We also paid for a classic twin and only got a standard twin. We couldn't do much about it but be warned don't stay theer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have never ever stayed in a more dirty place as what this motel was. All I can say people do not stay here, I had to keep my thongs on all the time as the carpet was that stinken dirty and sticky YUK YUK. The bathroom walls were just filthy and there was mould all in the shower on the walls.
I went to make a cup of tea when I got there and the two cups that were there was that stained I didn't worry about it at all.The air con was not all that good either. I think this place should be a 1/2 star and cost to stay there should be not any more than $80.00 (even that would be to much). I would never ever recommend this place for anybody.I like MIffny wanted to cry when I opened the door, I just wanted to get out of there but could not afford to go to another place.

Room Tip: I dont think there would be a good room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The lamplighter motel is nothing at all like their website. I was so dissapointed, it was like going back to the 1960's. Green ugly benches, brick walls, old dirty appliances, tv didnt work.
Bathroom had been renovated and bedsheets were obviously new but they are the only positive things I could say about room.
When approaching reception thinking there had been a mistake because i had paid full price, he said he would speak to his manager. It wasnt until i checked out and I questioned him again about room, that he offered me a continental breakfast. Its a little late at 10am...
Very unhappy, feel ripped off and will never return.
Do not waste your money, a backpackers is equivalent but WAY cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed at The Lamplighter Motel 'May' this year 2011 and The Lamplighter Motel is Nothing like it advertises I cried when opened the door!, The walls were exposed old bricks the bed terrible only 2 thin blankets an ancient tiny kettle that was filthy dirty the floors had clearly not been vacuumed.The first time I had a shower the whole shower alcove flooded went to reception & they only offered a 'Bucket & Mop!', my partner moved the stone shower drain to find handfuls of long black hair & pubic hairs as well truly disgusting ,this seemed to have been the problem to which the owners said the cleaner 'cleaned it out the day before' & nothing more was done.The Heating was a rather very old noisy wall air conditioner .The TV was a big old analog with only 2 channels.

The cleaner was knocking on the door very early & from what I saw did very little just wiped surfaces with water never moved anything & was done in a few minutes.I'm glad to have not got bed bugs. This place was dirty.To make matters worse the door did not lock properly either so any valuables had to be taken with us every time we went out.

The night person at the desk did not speak English well at at which also did not help.Staying at this Motel was a miserable experience, so do NOT believe what you see is what you get .

Room Tip: Don't believe what you see on a website.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miffny
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It does not pretend to a five star standard and represents reasonable value for money but it does not measure up to the appearance from the street and can be a bit depressing. We stayed over a weekend and were surprised to find that, although a restaurant is advertised, it was not open. The motel's main business seems to be the weekday commercial trade and it was virtually deserted during most of the weekend. It is not badly located for anyone driving into Melbourne from the South East and is quite handy to a very large, up-market shopping complex at Chadstone but really offers nothing more than basic accommodation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property are well away from the busy Dandenong Road traffic and are much quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family