“Occasionally acceptable food, terrible customer service”
Review of La casetta restaurant - CLOSED

La casetta restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed April 22, 2014

While they served average food that was enjoyable enough, it took calls over 4 days to get in contact with them about the wrong pizza having been delivered (important because the pizza delivered contained ingredients I could not eat) only to be told they couldn't do anything about it. Money wasted on an inedible product.

1  Thank Matthew B

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here with a group of people in July 2013 and while some people loved their meals others, including myself, found their meals very disappointing. I had the lasagne which tasted like it was made with straight tomato paste rather than a tomato based sauce which rendered the meal barely consumable. A few others found their meals tasteless. There were a few good meals and in particular the members of our group who chose the fish and chips said their meal was lovely.
Would I eat here again? No. I'd drive a little way up the road to the larger Italian restaurant franchise.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went a few months ago and am now in mourning. I remember in the early 90s this being the place to go for me and my friends (we wer ein our late teens). La Cassetta was part of a different era - an ode to the 80s Italian haunts in Melbourne. The food a few months ago was fantastic however, the decor is way down as is the service. They only had one staff member in the kitchen and one lady acting as a waiter. The food was superb hence this rating and to be honest, I am giving such a high rating also for what it used to be, not what it has become. I hope they reconnect with the past as the area it is located in has changed - Italians have mostly well and truly gone from the area. Worth a try however, it used to be so much more!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not even close to a restaurant absolute disaster. Food rubbish it smelt and tasted terrible. The service is poor the people working there are amateurs. Our meals were under cooked. The venue itself is run down and old the carpet had stains everywhere. Never again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have eaten a lot of food at a lot of different italian restaurants and La Casetta rates up at the top! The food quality, portions and taste is in one word WOW! sure the place could use a little sprucing up but overall a great outing. I asked one of the managing staff what had happened to the "function room" and he said it will be turned into a tapas lounge. So im very keen to see what that is like when they decide to open that section up.