“Great value for money, very clean and modern”
Review of Punthill Oakleigh

Punthill Oakleigh
Australia
“Great value for money, very clean and modern”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed a couple of nights in a one bed apartment to be close to family for Christmas Day. The Bed was extremely comfortable and decor very modern and trendy. AC was great we thought it was great value for money and extremely clean. And right next to Chadstone for the Shopaholics !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Warrnambool
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The room was very nice, modern clean and comfortable. Unfortunately it was located next to the lift which was very noisy. We could hear the lift going up and down until about 2.00am in the morning so sleep was very disturbed. The room also looked out onto busy Warrigal Rd and despite the manager saying the windows were double-glazed they were next to useless and did not block out the constant traffic noise of trucks, cars and motorbikes and hoons squealing tyres and revving their motors. A very disturbed night's sleep indeed and we would not stay again. If you must stay, ask for a room facing the carpark and not next to the lift.
The Japanese Garden Restaurant at the motel has excellent Chinese cuisine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2010

If you book in advance for a 1 room apartment you get value for money never mind the service. Yes the resident manager and his wife may be grumpy but whom would be if you knock on anyone's door when they are in alpha deep sleep zone. I did not expect a hotel level service as this is a no fril service apartment with no bell hop, valet or breakfast but for the money you paid compared with motels or the more classy accor hotels in Glen Waverley, is your complaint judicious ?

The hotel is fairly new as with all the fittings and laundry and kitchenette suits those wants an easy meal or comfort of tv dinner or takeaways. The 1 +1 offers a good size lounge so you don;t feel like being away from home.

One downside you need to be forewarned if you get a room facing Dandynong Road aka Princess Highway do expect heavy 16 wheelers trucks streaming by on their early morning run from rural Victoria delivering goods to metro melbourne. Despite double glazing if you are a light sleeper the traffic between dawn will zombify you next morning for sure.

As losing your key on a late night outing only yourself to blame if the live in resident manager gives you the icy glare or daggers in the eyes.

For the value you expect to pay forget about room service. Not recommended for those without cars

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Highadventurer
Riverina
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This looks like a new apartment complex. It is on the corner of two very busy roads, Warrigal Road and Dandenong Road. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment that faced this corner. There was bit of road noise so I suggest if this a concern for you that you request an apartment at the rear of the property.

The apartment was clean and tidy with the most comfortable bed. Tv's in lounge and bedroom. Fully self contained with all new appliances. Serviced daily. Gym as a treadmill, exercise bike , hand weights and a work station. Spa is access through the gym and outside.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

I had a continental breakfast each day and wow, it was $12, paid for by my work and consisted of 2 cereals, 2 bread, heaps of toppers, fresh fruit, muffin, fruit tub and fruit juice, and milk.

The property is located over the road from a service station, close to fast food outlets, KFC and Hungry Jacks, The property has a nice Chinese Restuarant and Nando's downstairs.

Their are a few caryards nearby if you are car hunting. The Chadstone Shopping Centre is about 500 metres away so if you intend to buy up it would pay to take your car.

Apart from being away from family for 5 days, I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RiverinaLouLou
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I was staying here for work which was nearby. There was free parking under the hotel which was handy and there was a good Asian restaurant attached to the hotel.

The room was very nice, modern clean and comfortable. The room looked out onto busy Warrigal Rd but the noise from the traffic didn't bother me.

Overall if you are not too concerned about service and get a room for under $130 you have a good deal.

The only issues staying here were the service. There is no 24 hour front desk so if you forget your keys you have to wait for the night manager to come over.

The manager on duty during the day and night of my stay was quite grumpy and rude. Also house keeping didn't do much in terms of cleaning.

If you are on holidays in Melbourne or without a car, you would be much better off staying at the Punt Hill in Flinder's Lane which is right in the heart of the action, close to public transport and with fantastic service. In general Punt Hill appartments are pretty good.

• Stayed June 2010
melbourne
Reviewed March 8, 2010

i made this terrible mistake of booking in the last minute a 2 night stay at punt hill.. and this to stay on the day of my wedding...

i checked in smoothly using the code that was given during the booking and made it to my room around 3a.m in the morning.... ONLY to be woken up at 10a.m asking when I was about to check out?

After informing them that i had booked a two night stay, they offered their apologies and said there were some issues during the book-in which was all resolved out..

I had my wedding reception planned for this night so while making my way out, i asked the lady at the counter whether she could offer us a late check out the next ight.. she explained how it was all packed (the hotel i mean) the following day due to the labour day weekend and the max she could do for us would be 11.30a.m (which i thought was very polite of her)....

That night i returned to the hotel close to 4a.m (extremely tired and sleepy) to find my hotel key card didnt work.. after calling after hours service and waiting outside for over 20 minutes for someone to come out and get us in, the service we got was extremely disgusting..

Whoever came (i believe one of the resident managers) didnt even offer an apology or ask anything what so ever,... After getting us through the front door he walks in to his office and sat on his computer (doing whatever... without even offering a single word).. he came back and told me the same excuse of how some issues happened during my initial booking and how the key card expired after a day (AGAIN, no apology or no nothing.. dont give a F&*( attitude plainly)..

Standing there close to 4a.m i asked him whether my request for late check in which the lady offered earlier stood... he was surprised and mentioned he had no clue (and he even went to say personally, i wouldnt let you guys have a late check out).. this I found very rude and asked him " why not.. even after seeing yourself that we are standing here at 4a.m" and check out is 10? He didnt care ...

I couldnt keep my emotions intact, so i walked off saying 'thanks, that was very helpful".. to which he replied (and i cant believe he said that) "Dont act SMART"... this to a customer who obviously is paying to stay at the hotel and who at that time of the night is clearly tired to the core"...

I walked away to my room (of course after giving him a piece of my mind), but even now i cringe thinking of that statement made by a person who works in a hospitality industry..

Next day morning, i kept an alarm for 9.am and checked out much before time .. the lady at reception handed me a receipt and dint even utter a word asking how the stay was or anything..

in short, the service out there looked like "we dont give a damn"...

the place in itself was very next and i got what i paid for.. quality was def good...

BUT, with the service they provided me, i WILL never ever stay there again....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maverickmelbourne
Melbourne
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My partner and i stayed at punt hill apartments oakleigh for christmas, it was recommended by my brother inlaw after he had stayed in one of the franchises. it was the afternoon and after a very bad experience at another hotel we asked the man behind the counter if he could possibly fit us in for 2 nights. there was only one available room in which someone had just left but he insured us we could come back (after shopping) and it would be as gd as new. we were so happy with the service even though we gave them such short notice we were treated with understanding and the room was so clean and more than we had hoped for, i reccomend this place to anyone staying in melbourne it deserves 5 stars :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakleigh
Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Novotel Glen Waverley
Novotel Glen Waverley
#1 of 4 in Glen Waverley
Chadstone Executive Motel

Been to Punthill Oakleigh? Share your experiences!