“Absolutely Fabulous”

Punthill Oakleigh
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

After a very bad experience we moved to Punt Hill. The Apartment was fantastic spacious and clean , beds were more than comfortable, we were able to relax and felt safe. The rooms were a great size and we didnt have any problems with noise of any sort. The managers were more than helpful and we couldnt thank them enough for all their help.

Room Tip: I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again everything you need for a great stay.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 001NZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Narrandera
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed in room 203 on second floor. Firstly, John the manager was friendly, polite and helpful. Unit was very clean and smelt and felt clean and fresh. Had large fridge, cook top, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, TV in bedroom and lounge room, small balcony with table and chairs, large bath room and shower had good pressure with a large shower head. Bed was hard but had a foam topper which was great. Chinese restaurant and Pizza/chicken place down stairs, Subway and service station right accross the road one minute walk and KFC three minutes walk. My room was on the "road" side, so there was a lot of road noise all night so perhaps the car park side would be a lot better. I have stayed in three other Motels in same suburb but this is best by far, will stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rjrnarrandera
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Overall the room is very good with modern equipment.
the dissapointment begin when the manager is not polite to my wife, and followed by yelling at me and put finger on my face.. treat me such as thief who stole their money!

as foreign traveller who bring family (6 month old baby, 4 years old son, and 8 years old daughter), I expect that my family can stay with me in the same room with me without having extra charge. considered that my travelling has been take care by local travel agent who knows that I have family with me.

unfortunately, the agent is only book for ONE person and no one told me that it is common in australia to have extra charge for the children. I was surprised as I am ok to pay the extra money, but the manager is asking for 90$ extra per night which is ridicolous rate! (I will stay for 15 days). they can reduce to 45$ if I want to pay.

as I will need to consult with the agent who arrange the room, the manager yell at me and point her finger at my face saying that she has Indonesian maid who can not be trusted and assume that my family was the same as we are Indonesian! Now she is being racist!

No appology from them, but as gentlemen, I came to visit the manager with her husband in the front office and appologize for the misunderstand then we decided to go and move to another hotel.

They are accept it and I call their central operation to get discount for the extra charge. After negoitation, they agree to reduce it to 25$ per night. I am quite happy until I've see the charge from the agent that it is still $45 per night!

what a dissapoint experience!

I DON"T WANT to go back there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank AndriasWibowo
KeiranS, Director of Sales at Punthill Oakleigh, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Mr Wibowo,

We immediately investigated your comments and found the following:

Your travel agent made a reservation for 1 person in a Hotel room at Punthill Oakleigh. The hotel rooms are our smallest apartments at that property and are suitable for a maximum of 2 people only; certainly not large enough for a family with small children.

When the Punthill Managers noticed that your family had in fact also arrived, your travel agent was contacted and after checking with the Company that was paying for your accommodation, they authorized the additional charges that were appropriate for 2 adults and 2 children.

We have discussed with the Manager the other issues mentioned by you and she is horrified- we sincerely apologise for any offence caused to you and assure you that it was this was absolutely unintentional and we insist that all our staff go out of their way to be warm and welcoming to everyone.

Regards

Keiran Spencer
Director of Sales and Marketing
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

We requested a room away from the traffic and that was okay. Stayed in room 107 which was not what the picture looked liked on the website. We chose a Studio Apartment and the room was a basic bedroom size and not spacious at all. Picture shows something different. After sleeping overnight, I went to the receptionist and complained about the bed. The bed sagged in the middle and was not firm, it gave my partner and myself a backache the next morning. She had no sympathy and did not offer me another room, telling me that all the rooms were full (which was *ull*hit...the 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms were still available). She said that all the beds were the same in the other rooms. She suggested I take off the pillowtop which could be removed. I did that and it still sagged in the middle but the bed was a little firmer. I was disappointed with the service and I will not go there again. She should've offered me another room just to show that she did something to satisfy us....but in the end...I slept in that horrible bed for 3 days!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank way2go1967
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed at this motel for one night whilst on business. My room was on the 3rd level (top floor).

Checkin was very "Mum and Dad" but was relatively polite although it did take a long time - must of only learnt how to use the 'puter the day before! It reminded me of checking in to a country motel.

The room was tiny - and I mean tiny. Would try and book a room with a balcony next time.

But the room was very clean and fresh with new decor (the property only looks fairly new). I would however think that over time the decor will age quickly - it was not of the highest quality.

The bed was too soft for liking but the pillows were good. Flat screen TV was well positioned.

Number of takeaway outlets nearby - Nando's within the complex, Subway and Service Station across the road. Chinese restaurant also within the complex.

I could hear the constant hum of traffic but it does not worry me - but be warned, the property is on the corner of two very busy roads so there is no avoiding the traffic.

Overall, would stay here again if I was looking for accomodation in the SE suburbs of Melbourne. For $125 per night, it was fair value and would rate it a good 3-star suburban motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed a couple of nights in a one bed apartment to be close to family for Christmas Day. The Bed was extremely comfortable and decor very modern and trendy. AC was great we thought it was great value for money and extremely clean. And right next to Chadstone for the Shopaholics !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur G
Warrnambool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

The room was very nice, modern clean and comfortable. Unfortunately it was located next to the lift which was very noisy. We could hear the lift going up and down until about 2.00am in the morning so sleep was very disturbed. The room also looked out onto busy Warrigal Rd and despite the manager saying the windows were double-glazed they were next to useless and did not block out the constant traffic noise of trucks, cars and motorbikes and hoons squealing tyres and revving their motors. A very disturbed night's sleep indeed and we would not stay again. If you must stay, ask for a room facing the carpark and not next to the lift.
The Japanese Garden Restaurant at the motel has excellent Chinese cuisine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakleigh
Punthill Burwood
The Langham
The Langham
#5 of 158 in Melbourne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,257 reviews

Been to Punthill Oakleigh? Share your experiences!