“Will never eat there again”
Review of Lazy Moe's

Lazy Moe's
Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Tullamarine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

There was not much to like, the dislikes are food was really poor, served on large platers like medievil time. Too many people cramed into a small space all talking very load. Never again

1  Thank papas1983

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Was overcrowded, very noisy, could barely hear ourselves speak! Was very busy the last time I went. The chairs are uncomfortable, baby chairs..what baby chairs!! Their the worst I've ever seen!! My 1 yr old & 2 yr old kept climbing out as it had no belt to secure them in! Was very frustrating trying to enjoy your meal & stop your kid from climbing out & hurting themselves.

I've been here a few times, the waitresses we always had were nice & I mainly order the rogan Josh with jasmine rice. Barely any meat in my Rorgan Josh, my plate was mostly rice! Others were flooded with chips!! Enough to feed 5 people!! Which is ridiculous, the chips are dry & not very enjoyable to eat.

The only thing I enjoyed about this place are their cakes! My cousin & I ordered a mars bar cake & they are delicious! About $9.90 a piece, enough for 3 people. Main meals I have to say are not good value for money. Pretty pricey but i guess it depends on what you order. Next time I pop in I look forward to trying their breakfast menu, & this time I won't be taking the littlies.

2  Thank Sumrlii-Melbourne
Reviewed July 29, 2012

went here with a group of friends, i had been a few years ago and my expectations were not high. Atmosphere noisy, concrete floor, hard uncomfortable chairs. Waiters extremely attentive though and all were trying their best. Food was dreadful. Steaks came medium no matter how you ordered them. salads consisted of iceberg lettuce and some watered down cream dressing i could not taste nor identify. all meals came with piles of chips and not much else which made the dishes look huge but were not. tomato sauce provided in the bottles they are bought in at the supermarket, likewise the chicken salt. meals much improved with the addition of a lot of salt.

the attention of the wait staff is the only reason this review got rated at average - it would have been less otherwise.

1  Thank iCat_351
Reviewed July 29, 2012

As we had to go to the Airport, and Lazy Moe's was sort of on the way home we stopped in, First impression, it's large crowded, and there's no sound deadening. We were given a table, and both meals and drinks orders were taken quickly. There's a good choice on both, and some quite interesting options. The drinks arrived, you know the market it's serving when your beer turns up without the option of a glass, and your fork is bent, still the beer was cold, and the fork still nearly worked. Then the meals arrived, mine was a steak sandwich, with a small side salad and enough chips for an army. I wondered at the steak knife stuck under the sandwich, unfortunately it was needed. Also unfortunately my son's order was misheard, and rectifying the mistake took a few minutes.
So, not the place for a intimate conversation, nor for fine dining, but the food tasted reasonable, and the serves were larger than average ( mostly chips in my case), and they do appear to charge for serving size.

1  Thank scubal0ver
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had the seared chicken with seeded mustard sauce and veges. was yummy but quality of chicken was poor. all stringy. But overall taste was good.

Also had the baileys cheesecake and it was nice. not too strong.

didnt need to wait too long for our food to be cooked. staff didnt work with a smile, the male staff didnt have a uniform and looked unprofessional.

Overall ok, large quantity of food with an average taste. probably wouldnt go there again

1  Thank traveller2787