“Clean and basic Hotel with Free parking”

Ibis Budget Melbourne Airport
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at the Formule 1 Melbourne Airport on October 2011. The hotel is basic but that expected from the Formule 1 chain.

The room was clean and tidy and the staff very helpful. I was allowed to leave my car in the car park for a day as I have 1 day interstate trip this save me about $45 in parking fees.

Like all Formule 1 hotels they are basic. If you want bar fridge, tea and coffee etc you will need to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times (most recently last month) and have had no issues.
The room itself is quite small and the shower/bathroom setup may have some people turning their noises up, but I did not see it as a problem. This hotel is used as a sleepover between flights and I don't know why people are slagging it and saying hookers are near by? I have never experienced that. The only issue the hotel has is that they don't have an elevator for carting your luggage upstairs.
I do plan to use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Location good but facilities less than I expected.
No dining facilities - had to go to nearby Holiday Inn for an evening meal
No courtesy transport to take bag from hotel to airport departure area.
Very much a budget hotel but from the price charged I expected better facilities from an Accor Hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I booked to stay 2 nights at this hotel and checked out after one night. couldnt get any sleep for the racket of people running up and down corridors and yelling at one another. This went on for hours. There was no phone in the room so I couldnt call reception to complain and didnt want to leave my room for fear fo being attacked by the groups of youths roaming the halls. I checked out and stayed at a Quality Hotel in Essendon for $15 a night more to get a room that had a bathroom (with amenities) ! that was almost half the size of the room at the Formule1. It also had tea and coffe making facilities and a restaraunt for dinner and breakfast proper bed not a bunk bed and a choice of pillows

This hotel is fine for those that need a room to sleep for a few hours between flights and obvioulsy those who need a cheap room to take clients but otherwise I dont see the point of these hotels that dont even provide a basic level of service ........NEVER AGAIN ACCOR!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JasonMaxfield
Reviewed April 1, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I think my expectations were about right, but the vent in the shower compartment wouldn't turn off even when I switched the light off: it was the background noise you hear inside a plane. Still to expensive for the value you get. I left at 5.45 and the breakfast area was shut so I couldn't even get that, which I paid 9 AUD for ... although when I saw the breakfast area the night before I was doubtful I would actually eat anything but at least a coffee ... All in all AUD 109 plus the 9 for breakfast seems far too expensive to me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business