“Great Airport Hotel”

Ciloms Airport Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have stayed here a few times now. Each stay we have been greeted warmly and quickly by reception staff.
We are a family with young children so we had the triple room, which works out to be good value- especially compared to other airport hotels.
The hotel is a little dated, but is clean and well positioned regarding the airport.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a place close to the airport with a great shuttle bus system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kylieandbern

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I found staff eager to help to solve all problems for the purpose of making the guests comfortable and happy. From the very start staff demonstrated a desire to provide above average service, making it easy to 'Book and forget'. On arrival a phone call had them collecting my luggage and I from the car Parking place called Beavers. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathroom light and homely. Everything was provided, from tea-making facilities, a generous supply of sachets, soaps, shampoos and extra towels. A good quality TV and air conditioning contributed to total comfort. Noise levels were surprizingly minimal and feel there has to be excellent sound proofing as I was unaware of the nearby airport, and certainly never heard fellow guests. I had almost no time to wait for a shuttle bus to take me to the airport and on my return it was well after midnight-yet I has only a relatively short time to wait again until they collected me.
The only sour note was that the independant restaurant on the premises, on each occasion provided only luke warm meals. I have to admit that when I complained they were quick to cook me a fresh meal. I wonder though that they may be trying to save power at the expense of being ignorant of bacterial growth. Overal impression was impressive. I also note that an airport parking facility appears to have opened next door-Perhaps it was there all the time, but in future it will save even more time for International or domestic flights.

Room Tip: Advise staff about your needs and they will quickly and honestly give of their best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a triple room and all 3 beds creaked and groaned every time sometime rolled over, plus springs digging in us. There was no issue with waking up for an early flight due to none of us sleeping with these uncomfortable beds. Then on checkout they tried to charge $20 more than price we were quoted. Not a good finish to a mini holiday in Melbourne. We recommend you pay more to get a basic level of comfort.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goldgang
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Rooms was good, staff were good, rates are fantastic. What else can you ask for.Recommend for anyone with an early flight especially on weekdays if you want to beat the horrendous traffic on the Tullamarine freeway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The motel is located quite close to Melbourne Airport. They provide a shuttle bus to and from the airport. The rooms are quite large, clean and comfortable. The meals in the restaurant are not to bad and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A basic, lower budget type hotel located very close to the Melbourne Airport. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is located near an industrial type area so the surroundings are not what you would call scenic. There is a restaurant in the lodge.
Ciloms offer a shuttle from the airport, which is very easy to arrange by phone from the airport and operates to and from the hotel. They have a couple of buses/vans so there is no problem getting a ride when you need it. They will also shuttle you to nearby shopping malls and restaurants, which is a very nice service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravellerNanaimoB_C_
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Reasonable priced hotel. Took several times of ringing the hotel and being on hold once our flight had arrived but eventually a friendly driver was there for us. As others have said, the room was average but convenient. Staff friendly in the evening. In the morning we had no lights and my husband had to shower in very little light. I had to call for a torch which is very inconvenient to dress and put makeup on. My husband had breakfast and went off to get a car. My daughter was unwell so I asked for 1 slice of dry toast. I was to be charged $15, no exceptions. I thought this unfair considering we had no lights in the room. The receptionist was quite rude to me and spoke very abruptly. There was no compensation for no lights. We didn't have breakfast in the end and I felt quite upset on leaving. I will be trying elsewhere in the future!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SunnyDebW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Ciloms Airport Lodge? Share your experiences!