“Very accommodating”

Ciloms Airport Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the folks at Ciloms for a wonderful stay. Excellent food, great atmosphere, very accommodating with luggage & they pick up /drop off at airport & shopping centres

Have stayed here b4 & will continue to do so!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank 8kiwisinoz
There are newer reviews for Ciloms Airport Lodge

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, one when we arrived in Melbourne and the other later in the week before we departed home.
Easy to find and good parking available.
The people at reception were very good. We had a parcel left for us by a friend who we were unable to visit and the receptionist bought it out without us asking.
The rooms we stayed in were clean and tidy, nice to have chilled glasses in the fridge. The beds were comfortable; the air conditioner was not too noisy... We were given 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi, which was a bit flaky, but not too bad and were able to take a free newspaper off the counter.
Had breakfast the first morning, husband enjoyed the cooked breakfast and there was everything I needed for the continental breakfast. A friend joined us on the last night for a buffet meal, Good meal at a good price – the roast beef was delicious. (We noted that some of the locals were also dining there, a good sign.)
We didn’t use the pool, but I looked in and a lady swimming there said it was very nice. We also did not use the free shuttle, but it always seemed to be coming or going.
Ideal for those wanting a motel close to the airport, I don’t think it would be that suitable for using as a base for a holiday.
The only negative was the lobby counter and area is very cramped. We were booking in and I heard people arriving behind us, looked around and there were people, bags and suitcases cramped up behind us, not ideal in an emergency. (After the Christchurch earthquake I have become very aware of the things like that!)
Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HeatherJNewZealand
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have stayed here previously and really liked it. This time I was a bit disappointed - the triple room I booked had stated 2 x Queen beds, but when we got there it had 1 x Queen and 2 x Single. Not a huge problem, but they told me they don't have rooms with 2 x Queen beds (although I've stayed in one there before when booking a single!). Also, it was an incredibly hot day and no-one had switched on the A/C before we arrived - although we put it on full it was too small for the room, and it took almost 8 hours at full blast to cool the room down as the huge window was burning hot.
That said, the pool and facilities were good, and will definitely stay again as it's the best of the airport motels, but will be prepared to takes names of people who told me I could have certain things in my booking next time.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel, and try for a 'twin' if you want two double/queen sized beds, th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne-Marie1963
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had to find a place to stay overnight due to missing our flight. We rung the Ciloms Airport lodge to book a room for the night. They promptly sent a courtesy van to pick us up. The driver was both friendly and helpful. We found the facilities to very clean and spacious. We used the pool and spa and found that to be a pleasant experience. The shower was easy to use and plenty of hot water. The air-con wasn't too noisey The only two faults I found was the alarm clock was set two hours wrong and when we left a couple of glasses of water in the fridge to keep them cool they actually froze during the night.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and we found it to be quiet both from traffic and other people staying...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dot486
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 1 night before our flight, unfortunately it was not a comfortable sleep as the room was too hot with infloor heating which we could not turn off. We had to have the airconditioner on all night which was very old and noisy. When we arrived we didn't get that welcome feel from the receptionist. Won't stay here again. Have found a new place to stay close to the airport. Airport Tourist Village.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mandie_8
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at Ciloms for 1 night before an early flight out. The free shuttle bus to the airport is an excellent service with friendly drivers and picked us up at 930pm and dropped us back at 7am for our 845 international.

The site is not far from the airport, but internally is looking old. While well painted and every thing is in pretty good condition, it is looking old and the decor is dated. Ate a very late dinner at the onsite bar/restaurant, good selection, of pretty standard food items, but tasty and filled us up.

The room that we got had been painted and refit in the last couple of years, but the bathroom was dirty, the shower curtain didn't reach around the bath completly so either the toilet or the basin area got wet and the area generally looked pretty tired.

The bedroom area smelt strange and the bedding also had a strange smell, sort of chlorine/stuffy/weird mixture. Glad to only stay one night. Undecided on whether I'll stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

DO NOT ever go to this airport lodge, my partner and I thought this place looked like great value for money as the pictures on booking.com looked great, heaps of extras and a buffet included in the deal, toiletries, spa, pool, fitness facilities, sauna etc. when we finally arrived coming from the mornington peninsula we were looking forward to getting inside and relaxing. The receptionist was rude and unhelpful, I booked a smoking room and balcony for my partner to my surprise it was a non smoking room and the balcony was a tiny concrete slab out the front of the lodge, the bathroom had hair all over the floor, hardly and toiletries included, went to make a coffee and the long life milk in the fridge which I had already drunk before realising it was hard, lumpy and off.. We decided to go speak to the receptionist again to ask when our included buffet would be ready to dine in and she Rudely told us we had to pay $25.00 each, so we decided we would go for a swim and as we entered the pool area the smell got to me straight away and I realised the pool floor was extremely mouldy and the water was like thick syrup it was disgusting, we went back and had a spa and the toiletries I was allergic too so my face was on fire and my body still felt disgusting from the pool, we went to the buffet and started to gather our food and less to my surprise bread was stale, meats were slimy noodles were dry desert was gross etc etc, went back to the room as by this stage I had had enough and decided I would have been better off sleeping in the car park where I found a stray baby kitten next to the bin, this place makes me sick and so angry with your supposed good service.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Jaalabognuda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Ciloms Airport Lodge? Share your experiences!