“Not the best”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Yarrawonga, Australia
“Not the best”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 1 night before our flight, unfortunately it was not a comfortable sleep as the room was too hot with infloor heating which we could not turn off. We had to have the airconditioner on all night which was very old and noisy. When we arrived we didn't get that welcome feel from the receptionist. Won't stay here again. Have found a new place to stay close to the airport. Airport Tourist Village.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mandie_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Hobart
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at Ciloms for 1 night before an early flight out. The free shuttle bus to the airport is an excellent service with friendly drivers and picked us up at 930pm and dropped us back at 7am for our 845 international.

The site is not far from the airport, but internally is looking old. While well painted and every thing is in pretty good condition, it is looking old and the decor is dated. Ate a very late dinner at the onsite bar/restaurant, good selection, of pretty standard food items, but tasty and filled us up.

The room that we got had been painted and refit in the last couple of years, but the bathroom was dirty, the shower curtain didn't reach around the bath completly so either the toilet or the basin area got wet and the area generally looked pretty tired.

The bedroom area smelt strange and the bedding also had a strange smell, sort of chlorine/stuffy/weird mixture. Glad to only stay one night. Undecided on whether I'll stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

DO NOT ever go to this airport lodge, my partner and I thought this place looked like great value for money as the pictures on booking.com looked great, heaps of extras and a buffet included in the deal, toiletries, spa, pool, fitness facilities, sauna etc. when we finally arrived coming from the mornington peninsula we were looking forward to getting inside and relaxing. The receptionist was rude and unhelpful, I booked a smoking room and balcony for my partner to my surprise it was a non smoking room and the balcony was a tiny concrete slab out the front of the lodge, the bathroom had hair all over the floor, hardly and toiletries included, went to make a coffee and the long life milk in the fridge which I had already drunk before realising it was hard, lumpy and off.. We decided to go speak to the receptionist again to ask when our included buffet would be ready to dine in and she Rudely told us we had to pay $25.00 each, so we decided we would go for a swim and as we entered the pool area the smell got to me straight away and I realised the pool floor was extremely mouldy and the water was like thick syrup it was disgusting, we went back and had a spa and the toiletries I was allergic too so my face was on fire and my body still felt disgusting from the pool, we went to the buffet and started to gather our food and less to my surprise bread was stale, meats were slimy noodles were dry desert was gross etc etc, went back to the room as by this stage I had had enough and decided I would have been better off sleeping in the car park where I found a stray baby kitten next to the bin, this place makes me sick and so angry with your supposed good service.

3 Thank Jaalabognuda

Travelers are raving about these Tullamarine hotels

Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Free shuttle was quick and easy. Family room with good size double bed and two singles was good. Comfortable beds and clean bathroom, adequate toiletries. Better value for money than holiday inn. Did not try breakfast.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at ciloms 2 nights before and after our international trip. The free shuttle bus was good we were picked up within 10 mins of calling. The rooms were average but the bathroom wasn't clean and the water in the shower kept going from cold to extremely hot and burning me. We had an early flight the next morning and was kept awake by reception staff a floor below talking and laughing the entire night, I wouldn't stay here again next time I think I would get more sleep in a chair in the airport.

1 Thank Megan_Jane88
Alice Springs
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed at this property many times over the past 15 years. We have found it to be excellent value for money. The hotel boasts free shuttle to and from the terminal, restaurant, bar, gym, pool and long term car parking. There is a range of room types, ranging in price from $130 upwards. The beds are comfortable, rooms are very clean and quiet (though some early risers give no consideration to slamming their room door).

In short, we recommend this establishment if you are arriving late and/or departing early. Particularly if you are travelling to or from rural Victoria.

Room Tip: The further your room is from reception, the better. Can get a little noisy with all the guests noi...